IT.COM

Epik collecting renewal money as donation

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

topdom

Top Member
Impact
I "renewed" domains at Epik. It is a good feeling when you renew domains
which have good potential, but are about to be lost.

But after tens of minutes, they are still not renewed. How evil.

(Previously another registrar was also doing the same, and they said, we are aware of the issue.)

So renewing is not renewing. You will renew and forget, and lose your domain,
and of course you will have lost your money. But no worries,
your renewal cost can be compensated after you send lots of angry messages,
and if you tell them which domains were paid but were not renewed,
plus if this happened 1+ years ago, it is almost impossible to know what really happened.

How can such a bug happen. Registrars with this kind of bug need to be punished,
because it must be intentional, or if not, this doesn't make things any better.

You should be scared of people who talk too much about religion.
They are unspi-ritual people.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
topdom, if you have domain names where you paid for a renewal and the payment was not applied, you need to address that directly with the domain name registrar that you paid.

There are ways to get domain names back if you have proof that you paid for a domain name renewal and it was not applied. I've dealt with this directly in the past while recovering stolen domain names. In those cases, after showing proof that the domain name was renewed, we got them transferred back. They weren't stolen, though.

You need to go directly to the domain name registrar about this. I'm sure it will be addressed properly by the domain registrar's support staff.

•••
Paid from in-store or masterbucks. Of course, if I work hard on it, I can reverse any/most damages, but first I need to know there is a damage, and if I'm not ultra-careful, I may not notice anything.

If I "renew" a domain, I should forget about it. But what happens, 10 minutes passes, not renewed, 20 minutes,.. still no change. And I can't track which domains were "renewed" and what remains to be renewed; and contact customer service, they can't fix it, and refers to tech team. And if tech team ignores, we have nothing to do , except repeating the same thing.

We know Epik likes grabbing/selling expired domains of its users, and we know they hope we don't renew.
And we renew, and it doesn't work. Lots of reasons to be suspicious and angry.

Last edited:
•••
UPDATE: Looks like, domains which received a lead from somewhere in the past were not renewed, others were renewed. So they are marking domains which need to be grabbed, and preventing renewal of marked domains.

•••
"donation" for whom? for Rob? :xf.grin:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back