Dynadot

debate Environmental Thread does anyone care that Amazon Rain Forest is burning down to the ground

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

oldtimer

SaveThyWorld.com Let's not leave anyone behindTop Member
Impact
This is a total catastrophe and failure for the World and humanity at large. There are some things that surpass national boundaries and borders like Human Rights and certain Environmental issues that affect the whole Globe which surely should be of concern to all of us. Whether it’s the Oceans and Rivers that have been polluted or whether it’s our air and soil that have been poisoned, it all has something to do with human activity like the Global Warming and the Melting of the Ice Caps and Glaciers which is going to put many coastal Cities and Communities under water soon. IMO

Everyone’s opinions are welcomed, but keep your comments constructive, professional, and on topic. Personal attacks and belittling of others are not tolerated.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for a very balanced and excellent post. Wish everyone would agree with at least 90% of your way of thinking... Keep safe!

@oldtimer I love your passion on such issues

GoodOldEarth (.org) is better IMO.

When you get set up (together with any concerned domainers), we can exchange backlinks to this webpage:

ProjectBluePlanet.com (under construction)

Cheers :beaver:

Thanks for you all's support. :)

Let's hope that more people are going to start seeing the light.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Sent you a DM

I usually don't get involved in any discussions through DM, but you are welcomed to post your views on the Environment right here.

IMO

•••
Nice to see Humanitarian and Global Interests are still on the agenda for many. Does anyone care about the Amazon Rain Forest plight. Simple answer Yes and No!
Whilst Amazon is associated in the mind of most people as the purveyors of low priced goods, we will associate 'The Amazon' with the Online Shopping first of all - for the most part. Maybe the key would be to lobby Amazon into allowing more Amazon Rain Forest based post links to their books and documentaries about the Amazon Rain Forest that they have for sale. Initailly, it would be prudent to ask them what they think after putting together a little blog. With the might that Amazon (shopping) has become, the natural Amazon (the rain forest and the surrounding areas nurtured by it) really could do with some online help from the brand Amazon. No doubt they must already help and donate for what they make from the brand. I'm suggesting reminding them to do a little bit more. I care about the Rainforest. Just never had the understanding of how to do something about promoting the need for the world to take it seriously, without stepping on the toes of a major online Corporation. To my mind, it is this 'fear' of upsetting Amazon (shopping) that holds people back from full-on Social Awareness about the Amazon Rain Forest, not apathy. Best of luck with your endeavours!

•••
Whilst Amazon is associated in the mind of most people as the purveyors of low priced goods, we will associate 'The Amazon' with the Online Shopping first of all - for the most part. Maybe the key would be to lobby Amazon into allowing more Amazon Rain Forest based post links to their books and documentaries about the Amazon Rain Forest that they have for sale. Initailly, it would be prudent to ask them what they think after putting together a little blog. With the might that Amazon (shopping) has become, the natural Amazon (the rain forest and the surrounding areas nurtured by it) really could do with some online help from the brand Amazon. No doubt they must already help and donate for what they make from the brand. I'm suggesting reminding them to do a little bit more. I care about the Rainforest.

Nice connection of namesake (y)

Amazon.com made a little over $64 billion last year, they could practically afford to buy the Amazon rainforest; however, Jeff Bezos seems more concerned with providing space tourism to millionaires.

If you shop at smile.amazon.com, Amazon.com will donate 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases to charity of your choice (ie. Amazon Conservation).

Last edited:
•••
Plants that need fire to break the seeds with heat in order to propagate is what is meant by pods. A forest will recover fast with fire it won't recover with a bull dozer. Last year Australia was burning now you cannot even tell where the fires were by looking. Lots of money raised wonder where all those donations go. Long after the plague of humans are gone earth will flourish or AI could take over and wreck it further.

Last edited:
•••
The time for philosophical discussions and debate has long past.

We have arrived at the point that we have to do or die. That means that we either have to do all the right things or our Home Planet will die.

There is no room for being ignorant or making any mistakes.

The window of opportunity to take some concrete actions towards correcting the problems with the Environment is closing fast.

We are getting closer and closer to the point of no return (we might not even exactly know when we have passed it).

If there was a large adtroid that was on a collision course with Earth and we could see it with our own eyes I am sure that it would be the top subject of discussion and news in all the media channels. So I am wondering why the issues with the Environment are not being talked about in all the media channels 24 hours a day and 7 days a week in order to educate the public (and the World leaders) to do the right thing.

We have wasted the last 50 years by not taking the problems with the Environment seriously, we now only have one chance left to be able to save the Humanity and our Home Planet from imminent catastrophe before it's too late.

Lets not waste this last chance to save the World.

IMO

Last edited:
•••
The sky is not falling. Carbon is plant food long after we are gone Earth will be spinning.

Last edited:
•••
The sky is not falling. Carbon is plant food long after we are gone Earth will be spinning.

You shouldn't send the Humanity down the river so easily.

It's time that we as the intelligent beings that we claim to be start taking control over our own destiny.

Failure is not an option, at least not for those who value all life and care about the future of the World.

It took billions of years for us to get to become intelligent beings and as such we have a responsibility towards all life whether natural or artificial.

True that the Universe can go on without us, but what if the Universe has created us because it needs us in some ways.

IMO

Last edited:
•••
The time for philosophical discussions and debate has long past.

From a report on the Tipping Point (March 2005)...

The full costs of this are only now becoming apparent. Some 15 of the 24 ecosystems vital for life on earth have been seriously degraded or used unsustainably - an ecosystem being defined as a dynamic complex of plants, animals and micro-organisms that form a functional unit with the non-living environment in which the coexist.

The assessment shows that over the next 50 years, the risk is not of some global environmental collapse, but rather a risk of many local and regional collapses in particular ecosystem services. We already see those collapses occurring - fisheries stocks collapsing, dead zones in the sea, land degradation undermining crop production, species extinctions.

Humans must take responsibility for the global crisis they created (and learn to live with the consequences of our negligence).

Last edited:
•••
Humans must take responsibility for the global crisis they created (and learn to live with the consequences of our negligence).

Agreed, the sooner that we as the human race start taking responsibility for neglecting the problems with the Environment the better,

But we don't have all time in the World to start doing the right things.

IMO

Last edited:
•••
I am wondering why the issues with the Environment are not being talked about in all the media channels 24 hours a day and 7 days a week in order to educate the public (and the World leaders) to do the right thing.

I wondered about that decades ago when the Conservative government eliminated explicit Environmental Studies from the curriculum, replacing it with Science and Technology.

Unfortunately, the time for a soft, grass-roots approach has passed. Time to pay the piper :sorry:

•••
I wondered about that decades ago when the Conservative government eliminated explicit Environmental Studies from the curriculum, replacing it with Science and Technology.

Unfortunately, the time for a soft, grass-roots approach has passed. Time to pay the piper :sorry:

I don't want to get into a political debate and start pointing fingers at just one side, because I believe that although the Left seems to care a little more about the Environment, but in reality all sides have been dancing around the issues with the Environment for the past 50 years and have failed to take any concrete actions that matter even when they had the chance to do so when they were in control.

But that's all in the past, the important thing is what concrete actions are being taken right now to fix the problems with the Environment.

IMO

Last edited:
•••
I don't want to get into a political debate and start pointing fingers at just one side, because I believe that although the Left seems to care a little more about the Environment, but in reality all sides have been dancing around the issues with the Environment for the past 50 years and have failed to take any concrete actions that matter even when they had the chance to do so when they were in control.

But that's all in the past, the important thing is what concrete actions are being taken right now to fix the problems with the Environment.

IMO

I agree, the time for debate amongst political parties is over. BTW, the Green Party, an original promoter of environmental awareness, is also on the endangered list here in NA, although in EU they form coalition governments which appear to better co-operate on such issues.

Last edited:
•••
After giving a scolding to the rich and famous over their wasteful lifestyles I was thinking what could the average people do to become more environmentally conscious and friendly.

Well the average people are pretty much at the mercy of the companies that supply them with the necessities of life and to a great extent it is those companies that have to become more environmentally friendly, but to the degree that the average people might have a choice in this matter perhaps there are certain things that are within their control that they can do (or not do) that can help the Environment recuperate from all the damage that it has sustained (or at least prevent it from getting worse):

1- Whenever possible an average person should buy an electric car instead of the ones that run on fossil fuels. Although for that to happen the electric cars have to become more affordable. Those companies who are making the electric cars so expensive while making billions of dollars in profits are doing the World a disservice and are betraying the Environment. The electric power companies and insurance companies should also be held accountable if they are making it harder for people to own electric cars.

2- The average people can also lower their energy usage by cutting down on unnecessary travel and by using car pooling and public transportations whenever possible (hopefully those that are electric). And although it might not currently be possible for everyone to live in fully green and self sustaining homes, but the average people can still lower their foot print on the Environment by making their homes more insolated and energy efficient and by maintaining a more environmentally friendly temperature at the hight of the winter and summer. They can also be more environmentally friendly by using more energy efficient appliances and lights and by turning them off whenever not in use.

3- People should stop using products and materials that are not easily bio degradable. Specifically when it comes to plastics that linger in the oceans as micro pieces and end up in the food chain or that pollute the Environment in the form of larger pieces that can strangle the wildlife or get stuck in their stomachs.

4- The average people can also try to get as much use as they can out of the products that they buy and try not to let their homes get overstuffed by all kinds of things that are going to end up in the landfills. Needless to say everyone should reuse and recycle things as much as possible.

So whether or not you are rich or famous everyone has to learn how to live a simpler and less wasteful life if there is going to be any hopes of saving our Home Planet.

IMO

Last edited:
•••
After giving a scolding to the rich and famous over their wasteful lifestyles I was thinking what could the average people do to become more environmentally conscious and friendly.

Well the average people are pretty much at the mercy of the companies that supply them with the necessities of life and to a great extent it is those companies that have to become more environmentally friendly, but to the degree that the average people might have a choice in this matter perhaps there are certain things that are within their control that they can do (or not do) that can help the Environment recuperate from all the damage that it has sustained (or at least prevent it from getting worse):

1- Whenever possible an average person should buy an electric car instead of the ones that run on fossil fuels. Although for that to happen the electric cars have to become more affordable. Those companies who are making the electric cars so expensive while making billions of dollars in profits are doing the World a disservice and are betraying the Environment. The electric power companies and insurance companies should also be held accountable if they are making it harder for people to own electric cars.

2- The average people can also lower their energy usage by cutting down on unnecessary travel and by using car pooling and public transportations whenever possible (hopefully those that are electric). And although it might not currently be possible for everyone to live in fully green and self sustaining homes, but the average people can still lower their foot print on the Environment by making their homes more insolated and energy efficient and by maintaining a more environmentally friendly temperature at the hight of the winter and summer. They can also be more environmentally friendly by using more energy efficient appliances and lights and by turning them off whenever not in use.

3- People should stop using products and materials that are not easily bio degradable. Specifically when it comes to plastics that linger in the oceans as micro pieces and end up in the food chain or that pollute the Environment in the form of larger pieces that can strangle the wildlife or get stuck in their stomachs.

4- The average people can also try to get as much use as they can out of the products that they buy and try not to let their homes get overstuffed by all kinds of things that are going to end up in the landfills. Needless to say everyone should reuse and recycle things as much as possible.

So whether or not you are rich or famous everyone has to learn how to live a simpler and less wasteful life if there is going to be any hopes of saving our Home Planet.

IMO
Except for the electric cars, I've been environmentally conscious well before "environmentally conscious" started making the headlines... and even the car I own is almost 30 years old and I expect to keep it a lot longer.

As for cars, I'm gonna pass the electric ones as they are a big rip off... especially the batteries. I'll wait until the hydrogen powered ones make the news and start competing for a big market share!

•••
Except for the electric cars, I've been environmentally conscious well before "environmentally conscious" started making the headlines... and even the car I own is almost 30 years old and I expect to keep it a lot longer.

As for cars, I'm gonna pass the electric ones as they are a big rip off... especially the batteries. I'll wait until the hydrogen powered ones make the news and start competing for a big market share!
I agree that Electric Cars have a little more ways to go before becoming perfect, but I believe that there have been a lot of improvements lately compared to the earlier models.

I also think that it is better to keep cars simple because having too many fancy gadgets and options are going to make them harder to maintain once they get a little older.

I like to see the day that the electric motor, the battery and all the braking and steering systems are all moved inside the wheels and people can keep their cars for several generations, but can restore their original power and function just by changing the wheels.

Simple is the way to go all around.

IMO

Last edited:
•••
Charging electric vehicles, London 1907.... most people think that electrical vehicles was a recent thing!
Pode ser uma imagem de ao ar livre

•••
Charging electric vehicles, London 1907.... most people think that electrical vehicles was a recent thing!
Pode ser uma imagem de ao ar livre

That's right Electric Vehicles have been around for over a century now, but they didn't become popular till very recently because of the low battery capacity and limited power and range.

I have great hopes for Electric Cars in the near future specially once we have the technology to come up with better batteries or once we can have more feasible solar powered Electric Cars or better yet once Perpetual Energy Machines are introduced in the market.

IMO

•••
I am going to take it easy for a while in order to focus on my health,

As much as we all care about our own health we also have to start caring about the health of the Humanity and our Home Planet (and beyond).

To put it in simple language we as human beings are constantly being influenced by Entities both from within such as the many different microorganisms that we share our bodies with and by the Entities from outside of our bodies such as the Countries, Governments, Religions, Races, Ethnicities, Cultures, and Customs that we identify ourselves with and also Companies and big Businesses and Institutions that we are affiliated with or use in our daily lives and even our Home Planet and the Universe at large which are somewhat considered to be alive.

For better or worse all these Entities want to control us and to a great degree our whole existence, mindset, and civilization have evolved to cope with these internal and external forces that are in many cases entangled together to create the big picture that we are all a part of.

For millions of years these systems have worked together to make the World run, but now that we as the human race have become intelligent enough to have started having an effect on the way that the World functions we no longer can ignore our responsibilities towards the future generations and the rest of the lifeforms and entities whether natural or artificial that we share the World with which if left on their own sooner or later are going to be destroyed or go extinct because of our actions or lack thereof.

We need to stop living like animals and we need to start caring for all life such as the unborn, starving children, and those who live in poverty and hardship or that their lives have been derailed by lust, addiction, abuse, delinquency, hate, cruelty, and lack of empathy and we also have to start caring about the Environment which includes all the other natural and artificial lifeforms and entities that we now have become responsible for.

You can be a King or Queen, or a political or religious leader or you can be a scientist or academician or a rich or famous Idol and still be living like an animal if you are not willing to change your wrong ways and want to keep everything exactly as is.

Of course those who want to continue with their animalistic and to some extent evil ways are not exactly harmless. They suppress, oppress, kill, and torture others in order to protect the status quo and use propaganda, deception, and the collective power of their zombie like cult of followers who have no mind of their own to silence the voice of reason and truth.

Just see what they have done to me and my family over the years.

IMO

Last edited:
•••
From NPR.org

CLIMATE

What losing Build Back Better means for climate change​

December 20, 20215:15 AM ET

https://www.npr.org/2021/12/20/1065695953/build-back-better-climate-change

This is the time that we need to take some concrete actions before it's too late, we can't afford to let some people continue doing business as usual when all science indicates that things are rapidly getting worse with the Environment. IMO

•••
i saw brief news about the fire there

some
i saw brief news about the fire there

some alluded to farmers and loggers being involved

but as money and greed, continues to suck the planet dry

soon the earth will look like mars

imo...
exactly my thoughts , money and greed .. the earth is getting it from almost every angle now .. from viruses , bacterias, to our natural habitations .. It’s all really bad

Last edited:
•••
leave the amazon alone, grow bamboo. You can make paper and wood products from bamboo and it grows faster than most trees.

•••
leave the amazon alone, grow bamboo. You can make paper and wood products from bamboo and it grows faster than most trees.

So does hemp :xf.wink:

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back