NameSilo

Help out the Needy and the Disadvantaged!

Labeled as discuss in The Break Room started by oldtimer, Nov 9, 2019 at 2:26 AM.

Replies:
Views:

1. oldtimer

oldtimer Do some good for humanity and the environment VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

If you have been lucky enough to have had some big domain sales or a lot of smaller sales that added up to be a good sum this year then you might want to consider giving some money to your favorite charity organization to help out your fellow human beings. If you have the time and energy you might also want to think about doing some volunteer work for a good cause either at the local level or globally.

One of the ways that you can help out is by giving some money to your local food bank, especially around the Holiday Seasons such as Thanksgiving or Christmas when a lot of low income families can use a helping hand.

When donating to charity organizations be sure to do your homework to make sure that the majority of the money goes towards helping people and not to provide a fancy lifestyle for the board members of that organization. It’s okay for large nonprofit and charity organizations to pay a big salary to their key people such as their CEO as long as the organization has a very high productivity level and that over 85% of its revenue goes directly to their stated mission. Unfortunately by law nonprofit and charity organizations are only required to spend a very small percentage of their revenue towards helping people (I believe it might be as low as 30%) and so all organizations are not the same and some might have been created just to enrich themselves by taking advantage of people’s sympathy and empathy for the needy. So do some research before sending any money to make sure that it is going to be used for the purpose that you want it to.

If you wish you can post here how much and to which organization you have donated and also provide some tips from what you have learned from your research and experience.

(IMO)

Some helpful sites:

https://www.consumerreports.org/charities/best-charities-for-your-donations/

https://www.charitywatch.org/

https://www.forbes.com/top-charities/list/

https://www.gofundme.com/c/blog/best-charities-to-donate-to

https://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=content.view&cpid=4529

Disclaimer:
    I personally believe that adequate and timely Food, Shelter, Healthcare, and Education are part of the human Rights and that we should do everything in our power to end Hunger, Homelessness, Disease, and illiteracy all over the World. And that as our abilities increase through technologies such as with the advent of AI there should come a day that there wouldn't be any need for people to wait for charity in order to have a normal, productive, healthy, and happy life, but until Humanity as a whole can ascend to that level I believe that Charitable Organizations are providing a very valuable service to the World at large. IMO

Thread Rules: Everyone’s opinions are welcomed, but keep your comments constructive, professional, and on topic. Personal attacks and belittling of others are not tolerated. If you provide any stats or info concerning any nonprofit or charity organization or anything else that pertains to this thread be sure that they are factual and indicate the source, otherwise if it's just your opinion then put IMO at the end of your post (In My Opinion). In addition please note that I don’t want the focus of this thread to be centered on just one organization or to be overwhelmed by memes or promotions in anyway.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019 at 11:57 AM
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Rob Monster

Rob Monster CEO, Epik Epik.com Staff PRO Gold Account VIP

@oldtimer invited me to post here, and since I think it is worthy thing, I will comment here.

The thing that I have realized is that scarcity is really an illusion. We hold on to our funds tightly wondering if there will be enough but in reality, if we are a force for good, providence tends to pay it back.

As for Epik we constantly look for ways to re-invest back into things that empower, and that includes things like interest-free loans or empowerment grants. It is a blessing to the recipient but it also comes back.

ICYMI, here is an update on our latest project:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/update-on-erise-org-philanthropy-making-impact.1162664

Ultimately, I do think it comes back to one's calling. Philanthropy is just an extension of humbling yourself enough to realize that the wealth you have is just a tool.

In the Bible, the word is translated from the word Agape. It is the word for Love. The return on investment is not a tax deduction, or even public recognition. The return is to love others as you love yourself.

It is better to give than receive. In eternity, it will be obvious why.

3. oldtimer

@Rob Monster , welcome to my thread, I have been following your progress with your empowerment and charity projects that you have recently started to work on and I want to congratulate you for coming this far. I am looking forward to seeing the formal mission, equal opportunity, and non-discriminatory statements in addition to the legal credentials for your empowerment and charity organizations on their corresponding websites soon. As one of the few (perhaps the only one) domain centric charity organizations here I am sure that you are going to be scrutinized greatly and be held to a very high standard by the domaining community, I hope that you can rise to the challenge by proving to everyone that your empowerment and charity organizations are as good or even better than some of the other organizations that are out there when it comes to the domaining community making a choice for their donations. Although you are welcomed to make a brief reply to indicate your future aspirations and plans, but please put any detailed explanations or promotions on a separate thread as I don’t want the focus of my thread to be centered on just one organization, for the same reason if anyone has any concerns or questions from Rob they should ask him on his own thread.

Although I value the work that is being done by all the legitimate nonprofit and charity organizations to help the needy and the disadvantaged, but I personally consider money and power to be tools of enslavement and eventually I like to see the day that we can become free from this bondage that has created so much inequality, and pain and suffering in our lives ever since the beginning of civilization. I believe that for people to be able to live a normal, productive, healthy, and happy life it should not depend on how much money they have or to whom they have to bow down to. As I have already said although I appreciate the work that is being done by nonprofit and charitable organizations in the current environment, but in my opinion people’s lives should not depend on the charitable whims of others especially since there is always a limit to charity. I personally consider adequate and timely Food, Shelter, Healthcare, and Education to be a part of the human Rights and I believe that we should do everything in our power to end Hunger, Homelessness, Disease, and illiteracy all over the World and make it possible for people to be able to have a good life irregardless of how much money they have.

Although these ideas might look to be a little far fetched at the present time, but as our abilities increase through technologies such as with the advent of AI we will soon have the means to free ourselves from all that has been holding humanity back from being able to ascend to a higher level and to create a World that is not ruled by money and power, but rather one that is guided by logic and compassion. So to be able to be a force for good we have to break away from the past and see what is in plan for us today by a higher power (God). Whether you are a person of faith or whether you believe that you are your own savior I believe that the only way that we can save ourselves and our planet from imminent destruction is by becoming united over the Universal principals that have been arrived at through logic and compassion.

Meanwhile until we can ascend to a higher level and free ourselves from the bondage of money and power I strongly recommend for everyone here to do some research and find a trusted charity organization to donate to as I believe that they are doing a very valuable service to humanity at large in the current environment.

IMO

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019 at 7:58 PM
  4. oldtimer

I want this thread to become a record as to who the good guys are in the Domain Industry, so you might want to find a worthy charitable organization to donate to and if you wish post the details here for everyone to see.

IMO

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice