IT.COM

ENOM transfer help (NameJet Sale)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

CryptoInvestor

Experienced InvestorTop Member
Impact
Recently just sold a name on NameJet, First one on Namejet i’ve sold, and I went to Enom to follow the transfer process. After typing in my auth code and submitting the transfer, it tells me I need to fill in some info (Credit card, address). Well, I went to do just that, and when I try and save it, it tells me that it will “Lock ALL domains using that whois info for 60 days” to prevent fraud. Does this mean that the name I just sold, will now have to sit for 60 days before I can transfer it??? I feel like thats something NameJet really should have mentioned to me if so... I made the enom account months ago, but thats it, thats all it said i’d have to do...

Also noticed my transfer still costs $11, instead of $10

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Maybe @alcy can shed some light? You’re usually quite knowledgable about these registrars.

•••
Your part is to transfer the domain sold to Enom. They with Namejet handles the rest ie transfer to the buyer. The 60-days lock is for the buyer. IMO

•••
Your part is to transfer the domain sold to Enom. They with Namejet handles the rest ie transfer to the buyer. The 60-days lock is for the buyer. IMO
Im worried that once i press submit, it will indeed lock ALL of my domains using that registration.... i have almost a hundred, ONE measily domain transfer shouldn’t lock ALL of my domains across ALL registrars for 60 days. Have you ran into this before?

•••
Im worried that once i press submit, it will indeed lock ALL of my domains using that registration.... i have almost a hundred, ONE measily domain transfer shouldn’t lock ALL of my domains across ALL registrars for 60 days. Have you ran into this before?
I believe you're trying to transfer the domain you have sold and not all your domain to Enom. If so, only the domain your transferring will be effected and any domain transferred will be placed on 60-days lock unless you want to transfer back to the same Registra from where you moved it from.

However it shouldn't be a problem since the buyer will equally have an Enom account where the sold domain will be pushed to by Enom. You don't have any role to play in that regard.

Just ensure your transferring a name already sold or with about 2bids above your reserve if any. Don't transfer a name you haven't sold or without bid to avoid the 60-days lock

•••
I believe you're trying to transfer the domain you have sold and not all your domain to Enom. If so, only the domain your transferring will be effected and any domain transferred will be placed on 60-days lock unless you want to transfer back to the same Registra from where you moved it from.

However it shouldn't be a problem since the buyer will equally have an Enom account where the sold domain will be pushed to by Enom. You don't have any role to play in that regard.

Just ensure your transferring a name already sold or with about 2bids above your reserve if any. Don't transfer a name you haven't sold or without bid to avoid the 60-days lock

That makes me feel much better :) I hope you are right! Keep in mind when I clicked “Transfer” it said “You must fill out some account info first” so I went to edit my account info, and THEN it said that. I was not promted with that message upon transfer, but upon editing my account info. I was very put off because it said exactly this “Once you submit these changes, Any domains using this contact info will be locked for 60 days” kinda unclear lol. Thanks for your input! I pray you’re right :)

•••
Ive attached a screenshot of the exact message. About to confirm but... still feeling a bit threatened

Attachments

• E15733AE-23A7-4A3F-9928-C3D5A519A5CB.png
    E15733AE-23A7-4A3F-9928-C3D5A519A5CB.png
    320.6 KB · Views: 33
•••
I don't think I saw anything like such request when I transferred my sold domain from Godaddy to Enom. You need to be sure you're transferring just a sold domain and nothing else.

Try to search how to transfer domain from your Registra to Enom to be sure your doing it right.

•••
I don't think I saw anything like such request when I transferred my sold domain from Godaddy to Enom. You need to be sure you're transferring just a sold domain and nothing else.

Try to search how to transfer domain from your Registra to Enom to be sure your doing it right.

I know i’m transferring right, it just wont let me unless I update the info. It prompts me to update contact info on enom BEFORE i can transfer. When I made my enom account, I didnt add any contact info or anything because Namejet never mentioned it as a necessity... they just said make an account. I’ve contacted NameJet but idk if they work on Sundays.

•••
•••
I suggest that you contact eNom customer care for this. But do not confirm as Enom is usually not very flexible in removing the transfer lock. The only other option at that time for you will be to have the buyer create another enom account and push to that account.

•••
You can wait until Monday and reach out to NJ for absolute clarification. There is no harm in waiting a few days after a name is sold. Does the auction show paid yet?

Even though the domain sold, you need to be sure it is paid for. I have had one that sold then they didn't pay.

Also, be sure you are getting the discounted transfer rate. NameJet can make sure that you are. It should be no more than $10.

Last edited:
•••
@anantj @Silentptnr

Thanks for your replies. I have not confirmed yet, that is one scary message.

I received email this morning that it has been paid for, the email prompted me to transfer the name ASAP but I will wait till tomorrow. Thats too big of a risk... Maybe in the future Namejet will make mention of this :) I could’ve just updated my contact info when I made the enom account but.... they didn’t mention it’d be necessary so neither did I lol

•••
Believe it or not, I had one at Fasthosts that I needed to transfer. When I went to transfer it, I realized that I hadn't updated the whois from when I acquired it. I wasn't getting the emails with the auth code. So I changed the email and it caused it to lock. Thank goodness, I was able to call Fasthosts and they were able to unlock it.

Just confirm with the registrar or NameJet first. It will wait no problem.

•••
It isn't NJ who can do anything.. This is likely an eNom requirement and NJ will almost likely redirect to eNom to get more information and clarification on the implication of this message

•••
Believe it or not, I had one at Fasthosts that I needed to transfer. When I went to transfer it, I realized that I hadn't updated the whois from when I acquired it. I wasn't getting the emails with the auth code. So I changed the email and it caused it to lock. Thank goodness, I was able to call Fasthosts and they were able to unlock it.

Just confirm with the registrar or NameJet first. It will wait no problem.
Funny enough I had the same thing happen to me. I ended up flipping the domain I bought for a very nice profit, and had to explain the situation to the previous buyer... nevertheless that was an embarrasing moment lol i got him to approve the emails as to avoid the 60 day lock

•••
Recently just sold a name on NameJet, First one on Namejet i’ve sold, and I went to Enom to follow the transfer process. After typing in my auth code and submitting the transfer, it tells me I need to fill in some info (Credit card, address). Well, I went to do just that, and when I try and save it, it tells me that it will “Lock ALL domains using that whois info for 60 days” to prevent fraud. Does this mean that the name I just sold, will now have to sit for 60 days before I can transfer it??? I feel like thats something NameJet really should have mentioned to me if so... I made the enom account months ago, but thats it, thats all it said i’d have to do..

Also noticed my transfer still costs $11, instead of $10

There's an option in your control panel where you can turn off the 60-day lock before you change any contact info find that option turn it off and you're good to go

•••
There's an option in your control panel where you can turn off the 60-day lock before you change any contact info find that option turn it off and you're good to go
No kiddin! I’ll check that out, thanks so much!

•••
•••

Attachments

• 41405B3C-F005-4049-9864-A97AC5EB84CD.jpeg
    41405B3C-F005-4049-9864-A97AC5EB84CD.jpeg
    344.8 KB · Views: 25
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back