NameSilo

Goodbye Enom

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DnEbook

DataGlasses.ComTop Member
Impact
Wow I just went to renew a few names I won at auction last year on NameJet and to renew via my Enom account where they ended up and it was something like $49.95 (U.S.D) a piece for a single .com ..... Goodbye Enom ............ I am a domainer

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanx for sharing it. I will update my blacklist.

•••
Thanx for sharing it. I will update my blacklist.
I did look at selling some names there (namejet) and then was informed about the transfer in requirement (same cost) then add commission and international wire transfer ..... must admit it did put me off a fair bit when you consider domainer's are their bread and butter

•••
By default they add in privacy and sometimes some other bits. Update you cart and see if ya can't get it down. I just went to my account and after removing extras it came out at $13.95.

•••
By default they add in privacy and sometimes some other bits. Update you cart and see if ya can't get it down. I just went to my account and after removing extras it came out at $13.95.
I think you got it wrong. @DnEbook is talking about the renewal price of domains which is won in NJ auctions. Not a regular .com registration.

•••
So, you can request for special pricing that drops the renewal price/transfer price to something like 10-11 USD. Granted it is not as cheap as some of the other registrars, but it IS substantially cheaper than their rack-rates

•••
To be honest I went back not long after posting this and noticed there were extras, my quick impression was that these came on top of the perceived high renewal. Happy to be proved wrong

•••
To be honest I went back not long after posting this and noticed there were extras, my quick impression was that these came on top of the perceived high renewal. Happy to be proved wrong

This is on eNom for me:

upload_2017-5-30_15-54-45.png

I believe it is lesser for me on eNomCentral but I don't recall atm.

•••
How do you remove extras?. It shows renewal price of $49.95 to me.

•••
I think it is not on your enom.com account. Domain must be on your enomcentral.com account and you can push your domain easly to enom.com accounts.(after you receive domain from Namejet)

Last edited:
•••
I think it is not on your enom.com account. Domain must be on your enomcentral.com account and you can push your domain easly to enom.com accounts.(after you receive domain from Namejet)
Worth noting I am logging into enom when I go to do the renewal, upon clicking "add years" a new window does open up. To be honest I did not look at the address so it may be changing to another site. In all seriousness I just wanted to renew a domain name at a reasonable price, not change sites, accounts or other complications. My first instinct was to transfer out, which I did

•••
Yes. Just called support. $49,95 is the price at enomcentral. No chance to reduce it removing extras. To be able to remove extras and reduce renewal rate the domain must be at enom.com. Crazy.

•••
I have stopped using enom years ago for this exact reason.

I had a domain expiring within 7 days, I tried to transfer it out and they forbade the transfer forcing me to renew there and pay $39 at that time.

Since then I said goodbye both to enom and NJ. On top of that support really sucks..I had a question NJ related and it only took them 14 days to reply.

•••
I had a domain expiring within 7 days, I tried to transfer it out and they forbade the transfer forcing me to renew there and pay $39 at that time.

Same happened to me this time. The link to get the auth code didn't work. I have to say that I called support and they sent me the code righ after.

•••
Same happened to me this time. The link to get the auth code didn't work. I have to say that I called support and they sent me the code righ after.
Lot of registrars try to pull this trick. I just had 1and1 do this. I called them up, quoted the ICANN website and rules and also, as a last resort, threatened to file a dispute with ICANN and they promptly gave the auth code to me and unlocked the domain. eNom HAS to release the domain for transfer if it is within the renewal grace period.

For me, 1and1 then tried to change tack and said that it is in the redemptionPeriod and so I'll need to pay a restoration fee. When I checked the public whois, it was in the autoRenew period which does not require a restore for transfer out (More about EPP Status codes here - https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/epp-status-codes-2014-06-16-en). This page is very useful when making a case against or arguing with the registrar

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back