Dynadot

discuss Enom domain still pointing to old ip address

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Millo Lailang

Impact
Hello everybody.

I recently won an auction on namejet and while looking for some answers, I found namepros. So this is my first post in the forum.

Ok, the domain I won on namejet was transferred to my new enom account that the registrars created automatically. I can see the domain in account but when I tried to change host records to url redirect, nothing happens. The same old page with message "email webmaster" shows.

Then I tried to change the dns and waited but nothing happens. The same page again. Actually, dns propagation never started which is strange.

Since the domain was showing the same page that I saw during auction, I got suspicious that the domain is still pointing to the old owner's or registrars IP address that must have an index page. So checked the ip address of the domain, and entered the ip address in the browser url. I found out that it is pointing to a website pgmusic.com . Which I guess must be the old owner since my won domain is music related.

So that means that they transferred the domain to my account for namesake? They are still in posession of the domain and I cannot do anything with the domain. Changing the host records has no effect. This is outrageous.

Tried submitting a support ticket in enom but no reply. Have submitted a ticket on namejet. Will wait and see.

Any thoughts or help? It's the first time that I won a domain on namejet. Not a good experience D-:

Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
How long has the domain been in your account?

•••
Its been around 1 week since the domain was pushed to enom account.

•••
In your enom account, change your domain's nameservers to your nameservers and your problems will be solved. It can take a few hours for propagation, but your domain will now point to your IP address.

•••
Thanks for replying Domainboxio. Maybe I wan't clear but I described in the first post that I already tried changing the host records. It has no effect.

Thanks

•••
•••
My apologies. This is 100% an issue related to Enom's GUI if the nameserver update has no effect. Enom support can be on the slow-side, however, in my experience they have some of the most competent support staff in the industry. So, they should be able to identify and solve this issue for you.

•••
No worries Domaininboxio. I have already submitted two tickets to enom but no response :( . Namejet says that they have no control of enom accounts.
Now I am lost and under the impression that something fishy is going on regarding enom namejet and the old registrar :(

Last edited:
•••
Just got a reply from enom. They say that my domain is not registered with them. Although they are contacting my account email which was created for the sole purpose of pushing that domain to enom :(

Maybe a glitch. I'll wait and see.

•••
What does a whois of the domain show as the registrar? If it clearly says eNom.com is the registrar, take a picture of it, add add it to your support conversation.

Last edited:
•••
Well this is embarassing. But it was a confusion from my side. I actually bought a domain that had one alphabet omitted unknowingly. I did not realise it and was typing the original name in the browser address bar to check if redirect was successful.

Now I also realise that I bought a useless domain unknowingly. What a waste. Anyways it wasn't too much money. Price paid for experience :(

Thanks for the help guys.

Last edited:
•••
These things happen sometimes. You're welcome :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back