IT.COM

question Blacklisted IP

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Kamal Sharma

Established Member
Impact
My public IP address is blacklisted by many anti spam agency or filters, so now when I send mail from my gmail account then all my emails lands into spam.

So my question is.. if I buy a domain and make customised email using ZOHO or Gsuite ,does they send my emails from their own DIFFERENT IP address on my behalf..? If yes..... Is there affect of my blocked IP address on the customised email or its delivery to the inbox???

and how can I know which IP address they are using to send my mail

Plz guide..

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
default subscription that come for the ISP is dynamic ip (for individual), until you have asked them for a static ip, Because a static IP does cost more, and used most by companies,

A lot of providers give you a semi-static IP address using DHCP. This means that in practice your IP remains the same, even with new DHCP leases.

Furthermore, blacklists often block more than just the single /32 client address. Often a complete /24 or larger range is blocked.

Last edited:
•••
A lot of providers give you a semi-static IP address using DHCP. This means that in practice your IP remains the same, even with new DHCP leases.

Furthermore, blacklists often block more than just the single /32 client address. Often a complete /24 or larger range is blocked.

Yeah, I agree with you if that was the case, But it's depends for the ISP, if he live in India, most ISP there assign dynamic ip's.

Last edited:
•••
Mistakes can happen.

It's not your IP, it's your email ID that is blacklisted. Just get a new email and use it properly. You won't have any problem.
@Kamal Sharma
This is the answers you're looking for. And from cool hands answer.

•••
@Kamal Sharma
This is the answers you're looking for. And from cool hands answer.
is there any tool where can I check if my Gmail id is blacklisted or not..? because as far as I know, I can only check the server IP from which the email is sent.

plz guide...

•••
When sending email from Gmail, the SMTP server used is Google's, so your IP is not blacklisted, and I highly doubt Google's IP is blacklisted.

A static IP from your ISP would only come into play here if you were running your own SMTP Server.

What may be happening instead is that your email address has been blacklisted (vulgarly known as "mark as spam") by multiple customers of the email provider whom you're sending emails to.

In theory, you can just create a new email account. Do keep in mind, however, that spamming will always lead to the same place: blacklists/account suspension, no matter which provider you use. Spamming results in low IP Reputation/Blacklists, and no ISP wants to have their ASN categorized as malicious due to allowing spam.

Last edited:
•••
When sending email from Gmail, the SMTP server used is Google's, so your IP is not blacklisted, and I highly doubt Google's IP is blacklisted.

A static IP from your ISP would only come into play here if you were running your own SMTP Server.

What may be happening instead is that your email address has been blacklisted (vulgarly known as "mark as spam") by multiple customers of the email provider whom you're sending emails to.

In theory, you can just create a new email account. Do keep in mind, however, that spamming will always lead to the same place: blacklists/account suspension, no matter which provider you use. Spamming results in low IP Reputation/Blacklists, and no ISP wants to have their ASN categorized as malicious due to allowing spam.
is there any tool where can I check if my Gmail id is blacklisted or not..? because as far as I know, I can only check the server IP from which the email is sent is blacklisted or not.

plz guide...

•••
is there any tool where can I check if my Gmail id is blacklisted or not..? because as far as I know, I can only check the server IP from which the email is sent is blacklisted or not.

plz guide...

just send a message to your other emails and see if that message is went to inbox or to the junk folder. with this test you know if your email is blacklisted or no.

or you can check here http://multirbl.valli.org/lookup/ and choose the last option "test by sending an email" and follow the steps.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back