NameSilo

Energy Company Does Not Have A Website...?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello,

I am in possession of a domain name that fits a company's brand name in the Energy sector BUT they do not seems to have a website as it appear they only exist on numerous classified ads pages from Yellow Pages to all others. That might be a plus for me.

I checked their facebook page "About" section and no URL was linked to show they previously owned the domain name and let it drop. Their phone number is on there.

What should I do? Seems I might need some help.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's strange that they don't have a website. Are you sure it's a real company? If they were a real company, try to send them a message via Facebook about your domain. They might be interested.

•••
guess they are local energy company that is why they don't own a site. you can try your luck mate.

Good luck

•••
If I were you, I would offer them a combined solution. Domain + Website... check out some of the folks here on NP even that can do websites for reasonable prices... then add your margin, bundle it with your domain and offer it to them.

•••
Try Linkedin to find someone who works there. You could find an email address, or even a website url for that company, that has nothing to do with the official name.

•••
I have couple of domains the same, keyword+group, they have websites for their brands, they have linkedin accounts, but they don't have websites for the company, so they just use their brands websites. Sometime they can buy but most of the time not. Out of 5-6 attempts, only one of them was interested, so you never know.

Last edited:
•••
If I were you, I would offer them a combined solution. Domain + Website... check out some of the folks here on NP even that can do websites for reasonable prices... then add your margin, bundle it with your domain and offer it to them.
Yeah, that is the plan and while I said it is a plus for me in the OP. But the problem is I am not an American, neither am I based in the States. So, hopping on a phone to call someone might be stumbling block for me, except someone here can help me with that, which I would really appreciate.

There is another guy using the keyword though with but added some words to the main keyword but I would prefer to deal with the guys without a website as I see a larger potential with them.

Their last on their Facebook page is dated May in which they were reveal that they are hiring for a certain position. They dropped a phone number to call. A few persons shared that post, around 10 shares.

I am still in shock that they do not own a website.

Last edited:
•••
Try Linkedin to find someone who works there. You could find an email address, or even a website url for that company, that has nothing to do with the official name.
Yeah, I did found the Vice President's Linkedin page but still no URL to their website. I do not have the Linkedin premium packages and so sending personal messages would not be possible or is there a way around that?

•••
Yeah, I did found the Vice President's Linkedin page but still no URL to their website. I do not have the Linkedin premium packages and so sending personal messages would not be possible or is there a way around that?
Can't you just connect with him?

•••
•••
You can try hunter.io to get their e-mail address (if they even have one). I doubt it though

•••
I also have one like that. It's GEO name. They only have a Facebook page with phone contact. Have tried both channels, no response. I just parked the the name with a BIN.

•••
Or, you can try BBB.org. That's also a good database for getting contact info and finding the decision-makers.

•••
I do out-reach for people not comfortable doing it themselves. I work on pure commission. It will cost you 12% of the sales price of I close the sale.

Otherwise I wish you the best of luck.

•••
I do out-reach for people not comfortable doing it themselves. I work on pure commission. It will cost you 12% of the sales price of I close the sale.

Otherwise I wish you the best of luck.

Hello,
You take 12%, escrow takes 15%, so I end up paying 27% or there about , right? Let me know. I have one other domain name that I would like to try out. Depends on if your term are favourable.

Last edited:
•••
Well depending on the amount escrow.com is 0.5 - 2% of the transaction amount. So it would be more like 14% total cost.

Maybe 25$ extra for international wire at Escrow. Though @Jackson Elsegood told me at DE that they would be getting rid of that fee completely?

•••
Well depending on the amount escrow.com is 0.5 - 2% of the transaction amount. So it would be more like 14% total cost.

Maybe 25$ extra for international wire at Escrow. Though @Jackson Elsegood told me at DE that they would be getting rid of that fee completely?
Okay, I will PM you now.

•••
without a website, could be "fake energy" company

there are quite a few on the shady side, who go door to door, trying to get homeowners to change their energy provider

they just middlemen, trying to get in your pocket

imo...

•••
without a website, could be "fake energy" company

there are quite a few on the shady side, who go door to door, trying to get homeowners to change their energy provider

they just middlemen, trying to get in your pocket

imo...

Looks legit. Found a couple of reviews from former employees on a job site. We will know soon.

•••
Looks legit. Found a couple of reviews from former employees on a job site. We will know soon.
Thanks. I dropped a PM some minutes ago.

•••
i've seen some small local companies that just had FB and maybe linkedin pages.

IMO - if a company can't put a little time into a proper site im not doing business with them (as a consumer)

•••
The fact that some companies don't have a site doesn't mean they are bad. Yes, nowadays having a regularly updated site is a must, people like us tend to search the internet instead of local newspapers, however there is a big number of other customers / clients who simply can't use the internet for such things.

One year ago I was working with a start-up in customer feedback processing, that is implementing the digital feedback in hospitals. After a couple of months, and a lot of discussions with decision-makers from many hospital chains, we got defeated, as they said their customers / patients don't accept such solutions, it's too difficult for them. Instead of this, they choose to read a poster on the wall asking to leave feedback and submit a simple paper feedback. That's all...

So, we all need to understand that the world is really not so digitized as we think. In some situations, a facebook page instead of a real site is all a company needs.

•••
i like doing research on companies before i buy or use their services. I assume if they don't have a site they may not be there if something goes wrong.

would you buy a watch from a store or some guy on a street corner?

•••
•••
guess they are local energy company that is why they don't own a site. you can try your luck mate.

Good luck
Not really. They not just keen on having a website. This we see in the world you know?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back