Dynadot

news Endurance International To Be Acquired By Clearlake Capital In $3 billion deal

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Bipul

Established Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Some massive domain assets!

•••
Sounds like a good deal. Plenty of room for improvements too.

•••
Too bad,
Every domain name is the best

•••
•••
•••
BuyDomains is owned by Domain.com and HostGator too??? Wow, had no idea they were all one company!

•••
It's a large group. Whatever happens, it will create a big wave in the industry, mainly for resellers as PDR is owned by that group but also reseller club

•••
BuyDomains is owned by Domain.com and HostGator too??? Wow, had no idea they were all one company!
Yes. also hostmonster , Arvixe , JustHost and more

•••
This is truly a huge deal in both hosting and domain communities. I hope that there will be no change in BuyDomains reporting sales to NameBio as they provide a good fraction of reported retail sales.
Domain.com pretty awesome domain apart from business!
Thanks for sharing the news.
Bob

•••
EIG was terrible. Acquiring well performing web hosts and turning them mediocre was their business model. Plenty of content online about avoiding EIG but they were everywhere, acquiring every webhost they can. Now as they themselves are acquired now, I hope new owners do better and I hope HostGator have another boom.

•••
It's a large group. Whatever happens, it will create a big wave in the industry, mainly for resellers as PDR is owned by that group but also reseller club
Thanks. I did not realize until your post that PDR was also part of the group. With more than 5 million registrations at PDR, indeed a significant part of the Endurance International group. Here is a link te PDR ownership.

Interesting how they relate their story to the Sir Ernest Shackleton ship and expedition by that name in 2014. Here is story: https://www.endurance.com/our-company/our-story

Bob

•••
This is truly a huge deal in both hosting and domain communities. I hope that there will be no change in BuyDomains reporting sales to NameBio as they provide a good fraction of reported retail sales.
Bob
Thank you for your comment, I'm using ResellerClub ( PDR ) since 2014 & I hope there will be no change in ResellerClub ( PDR ).

•••
EIG was terrible. Acquiring well performing web hosts and turning them mediocre was their business model. Plenty of content online about avoiding EIG but they were everywhere, acquiring every webhost they can. Now as they themselves are acquired now, I hope new owners do better and I hope HostGator have another boom.
You are right .

•••
Bob
They don't report, we just scoop them off their homepage. So unless they re-design their homepage to no longer show a sample of their recent sales, which is unlikely because it offers good social proof for their price points, I don't expect anything will change.

•••
•••
This sale is effectively buying digital land on the internet and the ability to develop that digital land and by so doing it buys continuous revenue stream by either digital land sales eg domain sales and renewals of both domains and hosting

The digital land on the internet is being bought up one domain at a time until all domains will be owned by investors or businesses and can only be bought in the domain aftermarket from resellers

People and businesses will need to mortgage their house to buy a domain name and many homes bought and paid for dont have enough equity to be used as collaterral to buy sone premiun domains

All good fun

Oh and bitcoin price is getting very close to its all time peak price

•••
Would be a private equity firm too

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back