IT.COM

sales Emoji Domain Name ☯.com Acquired for $11,201 USD

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
Most low 5 figure domain name sales aren’t really all that notable, but I think this one is a bit different. Veteran domain investor Gregg Ostrick of GNO, Inc. reported that his company acquired the Yin-Yang symbol Emoji domain name, ☯.com, for $11,201. Greg’s company acquired the domain name privately from the former owner.
I wanted the Yin-Yang to add to my collection of 5 other .com emoji domains, which include the airplane, wrist watch, the snowman, the snowflake and the computer keyboard...
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
As the Yin-Yang - symbol is originally 'already' a symol (unlike the majority of the 'sources' of other emoji - domains), I would say this is one of the top emoji - domains.

Last edited:
•••
We are proud of this sale, making it the 2nd highest price ever paid for an emoji domains. But this is simply the beginning because for the end user like a large corporation or well-funded startup, the marketing value (and thus its domain value) is tremendous.

•••
You should be proud. Thats a great great sale. I am scrambling to put together a portfolio of bridges and landmarks to sell to this Gregg Ostrick.

•••
Mr Ostrick is the consummate domain investor. Thanks!

•••

I thought (according to WHOIS history) Mr. Ostrick was PunyCode.com

upload_2017-9-24_9-3-54.png

Are you Mr. Ostrick? Or did Mr. Ostrick sell the domain? .... maybe there's a partnership? or promotional agreement? I'm lost in the sauce. Sorry.

upload_2017-9-24_9-6-13.png

•••

So is Rick Schwartz and he paid 200k for flowers.mobi.... I put this buy in the same category.

•••
We are proud of this sale, making it the 2nd highest price ever paid for an emoji domains. But this is simply the beginning because for the end user like a large corporation or well-funded startup, the marketing value (and thus its domain value) is tremendous.

Puny guy, Are you claiming that YOU made this sale?

Congrats to Gregg and the seller on this sale!

Last edited:
•••
According to the article he sold it yes..

Is that hard to believe? I mean its a great great price for a very very dubious domain, but otherwise?

•••
According to the article he sold it yes..

Is that hard to believe? I mean its a great great price for a very very dubious domain, but otherwise?

The price, the sale, all of that is very believable to me.

Puny guy selling it, is the part I cant see any information on, and honestly don't believe at all. He has proven himself as a liar a few times already. He has claimed ownership of many other dot com emoji domains even on here in threads he created, that he did not own himself.

Last edited:
•••
He does seem like a bit of tosser I will give you that.. But plenty of those here and they still make sales.

•••
All marketing stunt, till I see a business here in the US using it. Otherwise, don't waste your hard earned money.

•••
The importance of a .com cannot be underestimated because they are made for business and professional, innovative marketing. The potential for these unique and powerful domains that are accessible on mobile phones is tremendous.

•••
I think he is a bot.

Anyways care to comment on @Media Branding's question?

Did you own or broker the domain in question?

Are you a liar or just a fool?

•••
Maybe PunyCode.com is brokering / marketing emoji domains with permission of the owner?

According to the OP article, GNO owns the following emoji.com's

upload_2017-9-24_14-2-49.png

Except, I notice the plane emoji .com, is included in PunyCode.com twitter header.

upload_2017-9-24_14-5-58.png

•••
Maybe PunyCode.com is brokering / marketing emoji domains with permission of the owner?

According to the OP article, GNO owns the following emoji.com's

Show attachment 69548

Except, I notice the plane emoji .com, is included in PunyCode.com twitter header.

Show attachment 69550

I don't have time to go thru all of the threads this guy has created on emoji domains here, but I know he has eluded to the fact that he owned many of the emoji dot coms that were definitely not owned by him at the time.

So with that being said, I see this great sale and now he seems to be eluding to the fact that he had something to do with that also. I simply don't believe it because of the way he has conducted himself previously.

Like I said, I am very happy for the seller and the buyer of this sale.

Gregg Ostrick has a great portfolio, thats for sure.

•••
Yup on his site he tells us he "has" 13 out of 33 existing .com emoji domains.
https://www.punycode.com/about-punycode.html

"Has" implies ownership:

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/have
1: to possess; own; hold for use;

When he probably means that he is brokering (?) some of those names and owns 1 (?) of them?

I think you are right that he is lying through his teeth. Either way its a dubious way of putting it for sure.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back