Dynadot

new gtlds Embracing new TLDs: DUI.Attorney, DWI.Attorney, Injury.Attorney...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
I was fortunate enough to obtain my domain name for my website Guccilaw.com many years ago but unfortunately was too late to get any great legal .COM domains. One day I was driving to court and heard an ad on Pandora radio for new .NYC domains. I knew this was a tremendous opportunity and jumped on it immediately. I bought about 40 some odd different lawyer type names.
I then met Jebidiah Burnett (Senior Domain Consultant at Rightside) and learned more and more about the opportunities with these new TLDs that were doing so well with search engines. My interest continues to grow, as does my portfolio. I have developed a web directory with one of the names and the response that I have gotten in the New York area for placement is tremendous. I am very optimistic about the marketing on a national level. The revenues should be in the nine figure range annually.
When I first started buying TLDs it was only to establish these sites as a way to increase my law firm’s exposure on the web. However, as I became more involved, it quickly became evident that the increase in value of some of these one of a kind commodities was undeniable. The platform is what I call a Google magnet. So I went from no expectation of increase or return to knowing that these addresses are like real property and the value and appreciation will depend of course on the exact TLD, its level of desirability, and application to an end user much like property being valued by location, location, location. Perhaps the TLDs should be called a “Fee Simple Absolute” in cyberspace. There is no question that the web is not going away anytime soon and, as such, these specialized TLDs will continue to increase in value and should be part of any reasonable investor’s portfolio.
The domains that I have purchased have no limit on upward value. .ATTORNEY, .LAWYER, .NYC, .FORSALE, to name a few, are gone once released and purchased. I saw it as a no-lose situation, even without actually developing sites for them...
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
An enduser turned domainer, just through one radio ad. These nTLD's can grab ya..

•••
:greedy:

The new TLDs have these sales beat:

DUIAttorney.co sold for $44,500 USD on 2010-09-29

DUILawyer.co sold for $43,000 USD on 2010-09-29

DUIAttorney.org sold for $35,000 USD on 2010-03-25

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back