NameSilo

Email scam

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Got this email the other day:

Dear Sir,

This is Ivy . We are interested in your BOBDOG.COM . Could you please let me know if this domain is for sale or not? We can listen to reasonable price. Please reply to me.

We appreciate your earliest reply.

Best Regards

The person is from China, I ask for some information and got this;

I am from China. I am an individual. I inquire this domain for my friend. He can not write in English. If possible, I would like you to think of a price. I will present to my friend for further consideration

I ask for a $5000.00usd for a simple personal website. The countered with this email;

I understand your sentiment to this domain. However, we still wish to buy this domain at reasonable price. My friend is an individual buyer and has limited budget for such domain. But he is trying his best to offer you a good price which can match its market value. Please consider $1200USD. Buyer will pay any other escrow fee.

We really would be happy to offer you your askig price if we had lots of budget. But unfortunately we need to save budget on other items. I hope we can get your understanding.

Thanks
Best
Ivy

It goes on from there, down to a $3000.00 I'm out nothing but a possible domain name that I've had for a long time.

Any one heard of this one?

Sounds to good to be true !!!!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Got this email the other day:

Dear Sir,

This is Ivy . We are interested in your BOBDOG.COM . Could you please let me know if this domain is for sale or not? We can listen to reasonable price. Please reply to me.

We appreciate your earliest reply.

Best Regards

The person is from China, I ask for some information and got this;

I am from China. I am an individual. I inquire this domain for my friend. He can not write in English. If possible, I would like you to think of a price. I will present to my friend for further consideration

I ask for a $5000.00usd for a simple personal website. The countered with this email;

I understand your sentiment to this domain. However, we still wish to buy this domain at reasonable price. My friend is an individual buyer and has limited budget for such domain. But he is trying his best to offer you a good price which can match its market value. Please consider $1200USD. Buyer will pay any other escrow fee.

We really would be happy to offer you your askig price if we had lots of budget. But unfortunately we need to save budget on other items. I hope we can get your understanding.

Thanks
Best
Ivy

It goes on from there, down to a $3000.00 I'm out nothing but a possible domain name that I've had for a long time.

Any one heard of this one?

Sounds to good to be true !!!!
Welcome to NamePros, BobDog. :wave:

This doesnt seem like an appraisal scam to me.
You should really start your own thread on this, or ask the mods to move your post.

If you google bobdog, you do get some interesting results.
The net is parked, the org is a personal site, there is a winery, as well as some Japanese candy of the same name.
The candy even has a logo dog (kinda cute).

What I'm saying is that it could be a ruse by one of these people to get the name cheap.
The "buying for my friend" aspect is what makes me think there is another agenda here.

Good luck and keep us informed on how this all works out.

Again, Welcome to NamePros!!!

Peace,
Cyberian

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back