Is this email a scam?

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Spacemail by SpaceshipSpacemail by Spaceship
Watch

VisualArtistFrankBonilla

Visual Artist Frank BonillaVIP Member
Impact
87
Just wondering if anyone has received this email, or has dealt with this person? :

Hello,

Your domain name has been found online. Please let us know your price.

We are in real estate business. Domain name industry is a new direction
for us. Sometimes we buy, sometimes we resell for making a profit.

Looking forward to do business with you.

Regards,
William Norcross
Vice President
Elite Network

It sounds a little suspicious to me. Is the domain appraisal next?
Ps: I just regged this domain about a week ago.

Thanks
Frank
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Possible scam

I got the exact same email. It seemed a little suspicious but I answered by referring to the sales price that I've listed on Sedo. Haven't heard anything since.
 
0
•••
Sounds like either an appraisal scammer or stupid lowballer.

"We are in real estate business. Domain name industry is a new direction for us. Sometimes we buy, sometimes we resell for making a profit."

What kind of idiot says something like that to a domainer? He's pretty much telling you that even if he's legit he gives lowball offers.

I'd send him a link to your listing on Sedo/Afternic. If he's legit he can make a legit offer at a legit venue.

Abstracts.tv said:
Just wondering if anyone has received this email, or has dealt with this person? :

Hello,

Your domain name has been found online. Please let us know your price.

We are in real estate business. Domain name industry is a new direction
for us. Sometimes we buy, sometimes we resell for making a profit.

Looking forward to do business with you.

Regards,
William Norcross
Vice President
Elite Network

It sounds a little suspicious to me. Is the domain appraisal next?
Ps: I just regged this domain about a week ago.

Thanks
Frank
 
0
•••
Definitely a scam!

Search Google for the first line of this email and you will find many results about it.
 
0
•••
0
•••
I AGREE it sound fishy like the appraisal scam. It wouldn't hurt to send him a link to your sedo auction but I agree don't spend to much time on this person.
 
0
•••
Thanks Guys

Thanks guys. Looks like we all feel the same. My response to him was "Our domain transactions are all handled by a trusted well known domain selling site, www.Sedo.com . I told he could make an offer there at any time.
Again, I just regged this name about a week ago.
I checked as EG suggested above. Definately scammers, even had the same Elite Investments, but with a different VP name. Thanks EG.
NP members rock again!

Frank
 
Last edited:
0
•••
it's domain appraisal scam, try it, reply with any outrageous domain price and they reply fine and they're interested but they need it appraised.
something along on that line.
 
0
•••
There's no harm in replying with your Sedo/Afternic page. But it sure looks like a scam.
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: flexible LTO options. Close more domain deals with financing.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back