IT.COM

sales Elon Musk paid $11 million for Tesla.com but X.com is worth more

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Addison

Top Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Because of Musk history with the company that owned the domain and that he was also a previous owner of the domain. Who knows what kind of deal would be made.

But we do know two things. The year 2017 and Paypal is a publicly traded company.

Which means PP obligated to sell at least mark value. And Z.com reportedly sold for 6-7 mil three years earlier.

•••
•••
as i recall z.com was sold for 8 Million 😎

Tesla.com is a Image domain 😅

i got ā.com a single ( latin ) letter 🤓

a is a ( latin) letter same as x 😆

by the way : the logo,is not a T is kind of a ( Querschnitt ) Motor 😀

•••
My guess is around $15 to $20 million for X.com

Last edited:
•••
Someone send that information to iditiots from Nissan which is more than 20 years can not acquire Nissan.com and only sue the owner.

•••
Anyone have elon musk's contact info I need to pitch him a .wtf for for half a million

•••
Anyone have elon musk's contact info I need to pitch him a .wtf for for half a million
I will pass your information on at my next luncheon with him.

•••
X.com is the coolest 1 letter domain, even if you had all 26 available. Try to find one better, you wont. It makes everything cool
X corp
X mutant
X everything
Coolest domain in existence, and nice way to store 10mil. To me its worth more.

•••
•••
x.com nowhere near the same value as tesla.com.

X.com is unquestionably worth more than Tesla.com as a pure domain name if we disregard that Tesla, Inc. is a multi-billion dollar company. Which begs the question...

For what reason we'd disregard that? That is the reason it sold for a price.

With respect to x.com the price would have been low. He's the previous CEO of PayPal and doesn't need it. $100,000 as a nostalgic purchase between friends. Not important like Tesla.com. No company needs x.com. Mr Musk changed the name from x.com to registration cost name paypal.com when he was CEO, that speaks volumes.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Very simple :) , the domain name have high value when the end user be interested .

•••
•••
•••
Elon Musk paid $11 million to buy Tesla.com in February 2016 from its previous owner.

He paid only $75,000 for the name Tesla Motors:

Read more . . .

X.com is unquestionably worth more than Tesla.com as a pure domain name if we disregard that Tesla, Inc. is a multi-billion dollar company. Which begs the question...

What did he pay for X.com in 2017?

:|

Tesla.com was worth more to him and to Tesla Motors than X.com, because it is already a multibillion company and to justify 11$ MM price tag, you could just show that your $100 MM marketing budget will see 1% increase in efficiency from obtaining this name.

Meaning if you $1 spent with Tesla Motors converts into $2 in profits, then Tesla.com turning it into $2.02 is enough to make sense for the company.

Shorter version, you are comparing apples to oranges or teslas to Xs.

•••
When you have billions of dollars, X.com for $20 million is not that big of a stretch.

•••
•••
When I visited x.com right now there was an x. No code or anything.

Yes, not looking the prized $20million asset that people seem think it is.

•••
Yes, not looking the prized $20million asset that people seem think it is.

Quite disappoingting when you think "X marks the spot"

•••
I will pass your information on at my next luncheon with him.

forget that, ask him why we don't have commercial space travel to the space station yet! lol. .

•••
What forum software does Tesla.com use?

•••
What forum software does Tesla.com use?

Looks like a Drupal forum module.

Guessing Drupal 7 and the advanced forum module.

Last edited:
•••
In the video Elon is talking about buying the trademark "Tesla Motors", not the domain Tesla.com, just to be clear :). So it wouldn't necessarily have any bearing on the purchase price for Tesla.com or X.com

Last edited:
•••
Back