Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Unlike Emoji Egyptian Hieroglyphs are actually a recognized language and it was recently discovered that "Glyphs" can be registered in .com and a few people have taken advantage and registered some very interesting domains. Unlike most languages there are not that many "Glyphs" available so making the niche even more interesting.
Here are just a few examples of what can be registered in .com

upload_2017-5-17_8-18-32.png

Here is a very recent comment on a Egyptian Hieroglyphic domain name related website from an Egyptian government source.

"Ministry of Communications and Information Technology @mcit.gov.eg

“It is a good idea to have hieroglyphic symbols to access our Egyptian “specially historic websites” online content , so we should consider the Universal Acceptance for these symbols.”

Example:

Arrow

hiero_T11.png
.com

xn--pc8d.com (Type or copy and paste for more info)

Interesting times!

Attachments

• upload_2017-5-17_8-12-21.png
    upload_2017-5-17_8-12-21.png
    7.8 KB · Views: 348
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Friend and I own many of the most desirable ones. All for sale ofc :) Many of the animals like turtle, fly, tiger...

•••
Friend and I own many of the most desirable ones. All for sale ofc :) Many of the animals like turtle, fly, tiger...

Looks like you may have just found the ground floor of next big thing,and not that many of them!

And the endorsement of the Egyptian government no less!

Last edited:
•••
Only problem is some systems/browsers won't display them. Maybe more support will come. They are cooler than emoji though, more realistic. It's a lot of click bait, if someone sees it imo. Some are more intricate than others. Here's a couple photos I made with fancy text. This is really how they display, except fancy colors ofc...there must be more, we left a bunch!

coollogo_com-3925753.png

coollogo_com-577599.png

coollogo_com-24276706.png

•••
Only problem is some systems/browsers won't display them. Maybe more support will come. They are cooler than emoji though, more realistic. It's a lot of click bait, if someone sees it imo. Some are more intricate than others. Here's a couple photos I made with fancy text. This is really how they display, except fancy colors ofc...there must be more, we left a bunch!

coollogo_com-3925753.png

coollogo_com-577599.png

Most browsers convert the glyph to punycode.

I heard, not confirmed, that they work on IPhone, don't have one to try though,anyone?

•••
Friend says they work on iphone. works on my chromebook. I dont know anything else that it works on.

•••
Works on iPhone / iPad and a few computers I tested on. One system did not work but I installed the font (Aegyptus) and it worked finally on all browsers.

•••
I will show some more here shortly... having the graphics made so it's seen by all.

•••
Hieroglyphs have been around for a very long time. Egyptian symbols can convey a multitude of meanings & it makes sound sense in registering one as a domain.
I registered a few single character ones in .com

•••
Hieroglyphs have been around for a very long time. Egyptian symbols can convey a multitude of meanings & it makes sound sense in registering one as a domain.
I registered a few single character ones in .com

Care to share? I'll upload these quick logos as soon as they're finished.

•••
•••
•••
•••
are there any other glyphs that you know of that have been regd as domains & used to promote products or services?

•••
are there any other glyphs that you know of that have been regd as domains & used to promote products or services?

There may be some but it is in general such a new found internet resource yours may be one of the first.

•••
The hieroglyph domain names I obtained were:

Attachments

• IMG_6617.JPG
    IMG_6617.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 63
•••
There is a movie with poo as the main character voiced by Patrick Stewart.

This glyph is actually "dung", very basic at the moment but my skills are not good enough and hands not steady enough to make it look good but you get the idea.

image.jpeg

xn--937d.com

•••
•••

This glyph is actually "dung", very basic at the moment but my skills are not good enough and hands not steady enough to make it look good but you get the idea.

Show attachment 59033

xn--937d.com
Are you saying you are the registered owner of the equivalent pile of hieroglyphic s.. wastage?

•••
Last edited:
•••

Show attachment 59033

xn--937d.com

Showed this to a friend who said it looks like an Avocado nun! :xf.grin:

•••
Updated version christened Mr Turd :xf.wink:

image.jpeg

xn--937d.com

•••
•••
•••
•••
Back