IT.COM
NameSilo
Watch
Unlike Emoji Egyptian Hieroglyphs are actually a recognized language and it was recently discovered that "Glyphs" can be registered in .com and a few people have taken advantage and registered some very interesting domains. Unlike most languages there are not that many "Glyphs" available so making the niche even more interesting.
Here are just a few examples of what can be registered in .com

upload_2017-5-17_8-18-32.png

Here is a very recent comment on a Egyptian Hieroglyphic domain name related website from an Egyptian government source.

"Ministry of Communications and Information Technology @mcit.gov.eg

β€œIt is a good idea to have hieroglyphic symbols to access our Egyptian β€œspecially historic websites” online content , so we should consider the Universal Acceptance for these symbols.”

Example:

Arrow

hiero_T11.png
.com

xn--pc8d.com (Type or copy and paste for more info)

Interesting times!

Attachments

• upload_2017-5-17_8-12-21.png
    upload_2017-5-17_8-12-21.png
    7.8 KB · Views: 416
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just wanted to announce that the Egyptian Ankh hieroglyph is now an officially adopted character, sponsored through the Unicode Consortium.
IMG_6852.JPG

•••
I got one of the fish! Thanks for posting this, it was interesting to look through everything.

•••
At least these are in .com ........can only help the cause

•••
I got one of the fish! Thanks for posting this, it was interesting to look through everything.
How cool! which fish did you end up getting?

•••
How cool! which fish did you end up getting?

hmm, it won't let me paste the symbol in here??

the punycode is xn--x07d.com

Last edited:
•••
image.jpeg

Most of the forum systems are antiquated and unlike many browsers,emails etc you cannot post Glyphs, they will catch up eventually.

•••
Show attachment 62010

Most of the forum systems are antiquated and unlike many browsers,emails etc you cannot post Glyphs, they will catch up eventually.
Tell me about it!
It's a shame they don't resolve as they're beautiful to look at & have so much meaning & history

•••
Tell me about it!
It's a shame they don't resolve as they're beautiful to look at & have so much meaning & history

Ironic that domains can't be posted on domain forums and some blogs. :unsure:

•••
My first sale of a Glyph, maybe the first ever?

And appropriately to an Egyptian!

Sorry, no price as agreed with buyer but suffice to say my initial outlay is more than covered and already well in to profit.

image.jpeg

xn--k17d.com

•••

Sorry, no price as agreed with buyer but suffice to say my initial outlay is more than covered and already well in to profit.

xn--k17d.com
How interesting that it should go to an Egyptian! There is also the owl without the branch that's also a hieroglyph!

•••

xn--k17d.com
What other hieroglyph domains do you have?

•••
•••
Looks like a few more people have recognised the potential of Glyphs, a lot snapped up over the past few days.

•••
It'd be interesting to see just how many!.. i guess there's no way to tell, I know of one person who bought a few..

•••
•••
•••
Which registrars support these?

They need to do not just IDNs but this script as well - Namecheap do IDNs but not these.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back