domain EggyFood.com - Appraise my domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

gregosname

Established Member
Impact
I'm thinking about purchasing the domain 'eggyfood.com' from GoDaddy. It is priced at $10 if I were to purchase it, but freevaluator.com values it at $1500. Opinions?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Any idea how much it's actually worth?

•••
freevaluator.com is crap

•••
Mik, since freevaluator.com is crap in your opinion, do you have a domain appraiser that you can recommend instead?

•••
•••
domain appraiser tools AND appraisals in general are weak and not worth the time. Offers are your only gauge. Estibot does provide stats like age, search requests etc... that are nice to know and can influence but too broad to be reliable. Still waiting for an appraisal company that will buy at their estimate (even with a 25% discount) to stand behind their numbers.

For what it's worth (which ain't much) EggyFood.com isn't any good. Is there really an angle you can envision for this domain?

Last edited:
•••
Be careful,
Sometimes estibot values to 0$ a domain and could be sold for 20.000$ to the correct end user. The way I take is when a domain is reaching from 4.000$ I take a look what is going on and then I decide. If I valuate a name and estibot says 0$ I don’t care, if I have good vibes or positive sense about the domain I purchased I buy it.
I had to lose money on this first year as a domainer to get experience how the market is, and of course everyday namepros reading to get more and more experience and avoid in the future keep fishing junk domains.
Fortunately I get my money back with cashpsrking and selling a couple of names.
Continue learning...
Hope it helps.

•••
Be careful,
Sometimes estibot values to 0$ a domain and could be sold for 20.000$ to the correct end user.
From $0 to $20,000 is definitely a stretch. That aside. Estibot and other appraisal services are primarily used to appraise generic names. Names like Google, Ebay, Reddit, Wikipedia, etc. didn't have any generic value, so Estibot wouldn't have worked to properly appraise those names.

But eggyfood.com is meant to be a generic name targeting producers or distributes of foods with egg in them. The problem, of course, is that it's awful. The y in eggy is very similar to the y in fishy in that it hints of an unappealing odor.

Now Estibot puts eggyfood.com at $0 and I would definitely stand behind that.

Last edited:
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back