Dynadot

Efty...ways to improve...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DanBingham

Top Member
Impact
I made the switch over to Efty about a month ago, and it turned out to be a good move. 2 sales in March, and both went through seemlessly. I'm tracking stats through Google Analytics, and receiving a steady stream of new visitors daily. Today for example, I'm up to 26.

With these numbers, I would expect more enquiries. At the moment, all landers are set to make offer only, and wonder if this is pushing people away. Should I add a minimum offer amount, or experient and set up a BIN?

The names/landers are receiving the traffic, and want to see a higher conversion of visitors to sales.
What would you do/what has been your experience?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm still trying to figure out what approach gives the best chance at making a sale. Here's what I have experienced with my Efty Marketplace:

1) when setting a Minimum, 99% of all offers will come in at the minimum amount

2) if no minimum is set, then you get really low-ball offers from $10 - $100. How frustrating for a domain name that is from 1997 to get a $50 Offer -- that doesn't even pay for annual renewal fees for 20+ years...

3) with Buy-it-Now set, you get a bunch of idiots that hit the Buy-it-Now button and the transaction is automatically set up at Escrow.com (I picked escrow.com for the Buy-it-Now in my profile). Problem is you end up with multiple "dummy" transactions setup at Escrow.com (because there's no verification before setting up the transaction at Escrow.com). Efty needs to change the Buy-it-Now process to have the buyer verify the email before setting up the transaction at Escrow.com

4) Today I changed my Landers to Redirect to my Marketplace (SSL). I'll see if that makes any difference (I'm not expecting much of a change, but all the talk about SSL in other threads prompted me to make the change)

Regards,
DN

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back