IT.COM

Efty vs. NameInvestors

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ShenleyAvenue

Established Member
Impact
I recently signed up with Efty but having recently seen what NameInvestors has to offer I'm starting to wish I signed up with them instead.

The thing that stands out for me is that NameInvestor's UI and design is MUCH more professional-looking than Efty's, or am I doing them an injustice?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
hmmm never heard of Nameinvestors very nice WP site. will have a look. how new are they?

I will say this. Thee obvious "difference" that screams out is the all their plans require a 7.5% commission even the paid ones?

Efty? I don't think they ask for any commisions unless they've changed since I've checked it out.

I do like their free accounts allowing you free 1000 domains. but still the 7.5% commission? eeehh guess it's cheaper than say Sedo or Godaddy or Flippa. that's a plus in their favor.

•••
Are you promoting nameinvestor or you truly seek opinions

•••
NameInvestors looks pretty good, has anyone checked it out yet?

•••
I have... not my cup of tea.

•••
Signed up for Free and see everything is add on money even tho it made it look like a lot is included for Free.
I don't care to look at it anymore. I am out.

•••
Signed up for Free and see everything is add on money even tho it made it look like a lot is included for Free.
I don't care to look at it anymore. I am out.
Yes, same here.

•••
I do like their free accounts allowing you free 1000 domains. but still the 7.5% commission? eeehh guess it's cheaper than say Sedo or Godaddy or Flippa. that's a plus in their favor.

If you just use Sedo's external escrow/transfew service, it's 3+%
(Now I have no idea when it's more than 3%... it's not really made clear on their site.)

•••
If you just use Sedo's external escrow/transfew service, it's 3+%
(Now I have no idea when it's more than 3%... it's not really made clear on their site.)

sedo reduced the escrow fees lately drastically

•••
I use both....

EFTY on www.Dominero.com

Nameinvestors on www.Dominericos.com
(technically on GenericDomains.net but I decided to rebrand to a shorter brandable .COM)

Nameinvestors
- involves a technical setup which required a Skype call.
- as part of the setupI lost the email associated with this domain (GenericDomains.net) so had to change the contact email to another domain - just didn't realize this was the case at first
-design and featured listings graphics are really nice
-I believe there is a way to do individual page landers but I don't recall how so I was just redirecting all my domains to the home page where the better names were categorized
-one thing I wish they would allow would be to eliminate categories from the menu when the seller does not have any domains in that category
-I find the administrative function down at times - I cannot login or when I try to add names I am unable to do so. It seems they are trying to place a limit on the number of domains listed at the base price and I am already over that level.
-I wish they had a Spanish version as I have a large number of Spanish domains

EFTY
-individual landers which make offer submission easy are definitely generating more offers than was the case with just portfolio site redirects
-downside is many of those offers are undesirable offers - lowballers or mistakes (If I change some of the landing page text and put minimum offers that would eliminate some of the spam)
-design / graphics are not naturally as appealing or flexible as Nameinvestors though I have not spent time on setting up logos or importing graphics (tried uploading a graphic but ran into size limitations)
-one cannot respond to offers within the platform
-administration of the platform is not always obvious to a new user and certain features like cleaning up the expired domains and uncompleted domains I still cannot figure out (seems platform struggles with .TV domains).

In either case, having a portfolio site allows one to take a little more control versus being totally reliant on SEDO and Godaddy. Godaddy Premium Listings used to be a great channel for domain sales but ever since new TLDs were launched they seem to care more about selling a new TLD version of your domain name than suggesting premium alternatives - Godaddy sales are down sharply from pre-nTLD days. SEDO sales seem to have disappeared since I removed parking - but when you make half a cent a click why bother?

•••
Landing pages don't sell domains.

Domains and strong negotiators sell domains.

•••
hmmm never heard of Nameinvestors very nice WP site. will have a look. how new are they?

I will say this. Thee obvious "difference" that screams out is the all their plans require a 7.5% commission even the paid ones?

Efty? I don't think they ask for any commisions unless they've changed since I've checked it out.

Thanks. You're right - Efty don't charge any commission.

•••
Are you promoting nameinvestor or you truly seek opinions
Seeking opinions! ...I just signed up with Efty but I didn't know about NameInvestors at the time. Having looked more into it now though I'll prob stick with Efty - Doron (at Efty) is excellent.

•••
•••
I honestly can't speak for NameInvestors, but I LOVE Efty!! Have only been with them for a couple of months and have already sold a few domains. Their platform is extremely easy and very professional. And best of all NO COMMISSION!! You just have to pay a small monthly or yearly fee.

•••
Efty seems ok. but as a test I tried to fill in a form at a lander for one of my domains.
The letters appeared light grey, barely visible against the white field.

•••
I am happy with EFTY can't speak for NameInvestors since I have no experience with them also first time I am hearing about them.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back