IT.COM

discuss Efty & Outbound Marketing

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

kcoulter457

Established Member
Impact
Has anyone signed up to Efty to make use of their domain marketplace feature and found success with it? After 2/3 hours of securing a great "domain" keyword brandable .com name to use as my personal marketplace, uploading the best names from my portfolio, creating custom logos for each of my names, and adding some flair to my website, I have finally a complete domain marketplace I can call my own.

I personally think that creating a website using Efty's domain marketplace feature gives me a great deal of legitimacy in the domain space, and allows me to skip all the hassle of developing a website using WordPress/SquareSpace/Wix. In addition to that, Efty grants an SSL certificate for free and ensures my marketplace is correctly presented on mobile and desktop devices.

I am currently on the Efty Basic plan which costs $18 a month and offers a max portfolio limit of 50 domains. With luck, I will be able to move onto the Efty Growth plan which costs $36 a month and offers a max portfolio limit of 1500 domains.

Efty offers a Premium Domains section on the front page of your marketplace to showcase your most popular domains, they offer 7 unique presentation themes for your front page (Eustatius worked best for me) and offer the ability to create an About Us page and Privacy Policy page to add further legitimacy to your marketplace.

In my case, I decided it would be best to reference the Dan privacy policy word-for-word, and offered a disclaimer at the beginning of my privacy policy to state my website is merely affiliated with Dan and that all payments are securely processed through Dan.

Efty enables domainers to pair their domains with Dan - that way, a buyer can click on a domain on your marketplace to find out more information and they will be redirected to a Dan purchase page which is a lifesaver if some of your domain names aren't updating to For Sale pages when you make DNS changes at their registrar(s).

In my opinion, Outbound Marketing seems impossible in 2023 if you don't have a website. It looks to be the best way to prove to potential buyers that you are experienced and knowledgeable in your field and is easier than sending a purchase link to your domain when you can instead include a link to your marketplace website in your email signature, but I would love to hear if any fellow domainers here have either:
  • made use of Efty's domain marketplace feature
  • created their own marketplace website
  • promoted their domains on social media platforms such as Facebook/Twitter/Linkedin

Always valuable to learn from others!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back