IT.COM

domain economics.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

scottlanes

Established Member
Impact
I registered this a loooooong time ago (when my internic handle was sl195!) to do a project with a client and never did anything with it. It is currently just parked. It has no content and no appreciable traffic.

I think it has a lot of potential as a dictionary work with significant global interest. I have had a couple brokers give significantly different estimates on value.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

-scott

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well, it doesnt need appraisal if it is that
economics.com
domain :)

This can go upto $1M to end user since economy is everything in life :)

And welcome to the community :)

•••
Welcome to the NamePros.

If you want to flip to reseller I would say $xx,xxx.
If you will find the right buyer $xxx,xxx.
IMO.

Good luck :)

•••
Reseller - low-mid $xx,xxx
End user - low-mid $xxx,xxx

•••
I'd say low 5-figures wholesale.

•••
IMO this is a 6-figure domain if you do not rush to sell. Do not let it go for 5 figures.

UPD: FYI, economics.net sold for 10,000 euro in 2009. A .com that is so premium has x10 or more potential.

Last edited:
•••
Given the high potential I'm guessing I should go through a broker. I have Exchanged a few emails with a couple brokers but its hard to tell who is legit. Could a few with some experience with brokers tell me who your top 3 or 4 picks for legit brokers be?

•••
I will let it to others to recommend the brokers. But concerning the safety measures: as long as you do the transaction through Escrow.com, you are safe whoever the broker is, and perfectly OK without a broker too. Some marketplaces also provide a similar "Escrow" service, but they cost more.

•••
IMO this is a 6-figure domain if you do not rush to sell. Do not let it go for 5 figures.

UPD: FYI, economics.net sold for 10,000 euro in 2009. A .com that is so premium has x10 or more potential.
Not to mention, that was in 2009. The demand for premium domains has since increased significantly ,

•••
Given the high potential I'm guessing I should go through a broker. I have Exchanged a few emails with a couple brokers but its hard to tell who is legit. Could a few with some experience with brokers tell me who your top 3 or 4 picks for legit brokers be?

I know the ones which are Domain Holdings, which is owned by Flippa. They are reputable and legit but lets hear other users too :)

•••
Contact Giussepe Graciano from GGRG.com
He will redirect you to some of his partners dealing with english dictionary words ...
Maybe someone from Domain Holdings but all very TRUSTED brokers ...
First step contact Giussepe (the BEST) or list it as a brand on our website: NicMarket.com
(with LOGO, description, ESCROW payment and a low 10% commission ...)
This is a $XXX,XXX PREMIUM Domain Name. Good luck ;)

*NicMarket.com is rebranding to BrandClub.com ... Stay tunned ... Comming soon ...
More here: https://www.namepros.com/threads/logo-contest-for-brandclub-com-25-prize.908707/

Last edited:
•••
•••
You might consider entering the domain into one of the conference auctions, that way it will get good publicity, have some top buyers (probably resellers) present, and if nothing else with the right reserve you know it will not go under the price you want (but please note you should always take into account the commission they chaarge as well).

Of course contacting everyone from WSJ to FT to large universities and economic institutions could be a great builder in interest for you.

By the way, congratulations on having such a great domain.

•••
In a rush: 50-75k
Not in a rush: 150-250k (the right enduser)

IMO

Nice domain!

•••
My friend. I am an authorized broker here but let me tell you something no one has yet to say ....

Who's the Enduser ? It's a wonderful name and I congratulate you. I represent many one words, NNN, NNNN, LLL, and even Gtlds. There's one enduser I'd reach out to, but only one. Economist.com "magazines"
I would go at them with 800k and represent yourself as the broker and say you can't negotiate anything below 450k

My advice; list this with NameJet or Sedo. That's where you'll get the six figure price tag, maybe more. ;)

Last edited:
•••
2 names I came across today on Namepros

cab.com

economics.com

dream names...no money:'(:'(:'(

•••
As one word dot coms go, this is a very good one.

I would expect it to sell to an end-user for around 4 to 500,000 pounds.

•••
nice name for a fin Magazine. imo

worth 500K

•••
•••
It is a premium name, so a service that perceives themselves as premium is drawn to it. Have you not had unsolicited offers?

There really is economics in everything. I can think of many business niches that would benefit from having instant recognition from being tied to this term. Economics software, economics as in lean or business development, economics as in money or payment, the list goes on.

•••
This is most likely a $xxx,xxx domain name, and don't let anyone tell you there aren't many endusers for it. A business or institution doesn't need to have virtually the same name in the domain to see value in purchasing it, if that were the case then premium generics like these wouldn't sell for huge amounts consistently. Best of luck, you have an awesome asset.

•••
A REALLY great name!

If you are "lucky" to find the right end user I would also say a six figure. A high five figure if you "are in a rush".

•••
I think you won't have a problem sell it for 7 figures, I would pay % and go via broker. Great name , good luck

•••
Since you said you own this name for a long time you are not in rush to sell it. I guess you had offers too. What's the range of the offers so far?

•••
Since you said you own this name for a long time you are not in rush to sell it. I guess you had offers too. What's the range of the offers so far?

No real offers yet, some lowball unsolicited offers in the 10-20k range

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back