IT.COM

discuss Early Bird 9N...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

21x20

Domainer Since '95 #oldschool #orjustoldTop Member
Impact
So... yeah. I admit it. I've been looking through some of the better patterns from 7N thru 9N. Yes, I have a problem. I know it and I've accepted it.

But I did want to point out that pretty much all of the "great stuff" is gone from 7N and 8N category already -- the early bird special is over. And now, the "early bird" for good 9N's is starting to show signs of closing... There's still some good 888nnn888.com's ... Which are gone from 7N and 8N.

Just sayin'. ;)

And for the love of domaining remember:
Patterns are good. No 4's and no 0's (unless the 0 is at the end).

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There is an appraisal section if you look for opinions and suggested values.

•••
@photonmymind,

I was thinking about your words and I let me tell you something.
A few month ago 6N had almost no worth, I mean those 6N that today all sell and buy at $15-$30.
They not the best ones, but they are the last ones of the some memorable of 6N with some pattern.
I dont reg 9N and 8N for quick sale, I better thought about at least 2 years or more.
Yes, 9N have a lot of combinations, but one day they will end for handreg, I mean memorable combinations, not necesary premium numbers as 8 or 9.
Look at todays 6N sales, they are ending and price goes higher and higher each day.
Ok, 7N, 8N and 9N never will be regd out completely, they are too long for something without pattern or number sequence.
I was thinking I have no enough to invest in something another, have no $$ for it, and bank gives a too low percent.
If I keep all I have now, I will need to pay 150$ each month but it could be a good investment for a few years than keep money in bank.
150$ by month is not too much for not to risk.
Of couse something like 778 777 877 or 868 666 868 is not consider as premium, but in a few years have to worth more than 30$ (3 years renewal).
Anyway I always can sell a few of my list and use the money for the renewal.
I am not a reseller, and understand that I cant buy in the future good 8N and 9N at $50+
Maybe I am wrong, time will tell.. But I decided to risk.. I dont think I will lose all I invested, there is no risk..
At least I always can get back all I paid for renewal selling my domains at the lowest price.
The trend will go away?
I dont think so, chinese live due thier numerology and feng shui during hundreds of years...
I checked all my mobile contact and all chinese have specific phone number, I coulnd find anyone with a standart phone numer..
I dont think 666-xxx-888 or 6xx-885-880 and so on were given them by accident...
I only need to wait...

Do you think I am wrong?

•••
For me part of the appeal is the look and the pattern, 108208308 is available and has a nice even pattern, also 558668778 is available, i like the progressive rise in the pattern. 008008008 creation date 2007

•••
Just Regged some good 8x88888x8.com they definitely deserve the 8$. Let's see...

•••
I own 998998999, I will see how high price can go :)

•••
I am not so sure about 9N, but there are yet great patterns out there

•••
I am not sure creative pattern works better than does simple and easy pattern

•••
Just be careful chasing abstract patterns in 9N. Remember there are 1,000,000,000 possible names. Expecting to register any ole pattern and have it end up worth something is definitely lottery-ish kind of thinking.

You've got to have something amazing ... you've got to try to be in that top .01% ... The best 100k 9N may be more than worth reg fee in the not too distant future. Only a handful of those will be worth a bundle.

And do consider that what will drive investors, collectors or even the occasional end user all the way out to 9N is their inability to find something "good" within their budget at all those shorter lengths... Which at 9N there are a lot of.

Good luck!

•••
I personally preffer a row of 8 and easy and memorable pattern.
This sure will work

•••
Interestingly enough, my 9Ns are the ones that get more attention and visitors on 4.cn..
so I went out and got some more!!!!
Sorry to bump your post at this stage, but I have to ask:
Are you able to post domains less than 75 days old on 4.cn?

•••
sure, you can list them there already on the day of registration as long as you change nameservers to theirs, afterwards you can change back to any other nameservers.. just make sure to clarify to early buyers that only a push will do unless they can wait..

•••
@fuzzy
75 days is for auction not for listing

•••
@fuzzy
75 days is for auction not for listing
Cheers mayazir!

Are you able to receive offers (and sell) domains on 4.cn without having to push them to auction?

Last edited:
•••
photonmymind said:
Interestingly enough, my 9Ns are the ones that get more attention and visitors on 4.cn..
so I went out and got some more!!!!

@photonmymind, could you show your gems to public :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back