IT.COM

Dynadot's HORRID new interface with no option to revert

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Jeff Weller

I buy traffic domains including typos & fail listsEstablished Member
Impact
If you thought the Dynadot login screen pictures of the old sneakers or the guy hiking were pixel wasting strangelings....well hold on to your hat.

Sometime in the last few minutes (at least for me) Dynadot (up until a few minutes ago one of my favorite registrars) just completely changed their interface. Instead of the clean, concise post login screen that showed pending domains, new domains and existing domains in order of closest to expiry - they've rolled out a confusing dumpster fire that forces you to click all over the place to see what you could once see simply by logging in.
According to customer service - there is no option to revert back to the old view.
So in a world where most companies attempt to make things easier for their customers - we have another Dynadot example of contrary thinking.

Dear Dynadot. You have your head stuck up somewhere so far I don't believe you will ever be able to extract it.
Pretty sure you skipped the focus group on this one.

If you are a Dynadot customer and agree - please complain loudly and maybe they will out of respect - at least offer an option to revert to the old view.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
liked the old interface more.

•••
Looks like only the "Summary" page has changed so far. It's is a massive change and imo Dynadot should have at least run a closed group user testing prior to a public roll out.

On a side note, I've had a bad experience with Dynadot recently. They backordered a domain name that I never ordered (It was a weird NNLL.NET, yes a .net domain when I never backordered a .NET domain). I only ordered .COM domains. And the same list was used on other BO services like DC, NJ, SN etc.

Of course, I have NO way to prove that there is/was an issue with their platform. They insisted that I ordered the domain when I'm certain I did not (I maintain a list of what I order daily). The CS was quite condescending and arrogant in tone and wasn't bothered to even investigate the issue but simply shut me down with a "There is no problem at our end. You must have made a mistake ordering the domain).

Suffice to say, have stopped using their BO service. Haven't left them entirely yet as I still have domains there but will move all domains out soon

•••
New Interface is pretty good .

•••
I liked the new interface (y) , what's wrong with updating their interface ? users should appreciate that !! I wish godaddy will do the same I never liked their website and their logo :xf.sick:

•••
When I click "Manage my domains" on the new dashboard, I am taken to the old familiar page.

One thing they recently changed and bothers me is the bulk search : when you add an item to the cart, all the other search results disappear ! Very annoying !!!

•••
Yes - that page is the same. But the post login screen where you could see open orders/new orders & existing domains in order of nearest to expiration is no longer there. The closest I can find is a link for "NEW DOMAINS" from the "MY DOMAINS" submenu and a page showing open orders & existing domains from a banner in the dashboard or another notifications link to expiring domains that also shows open orders and existing domains. But nowhere do I see all of my domain activity on one page as in the old interface.

•••
Magically - this morning the new dashboard is gone and the old view has returned....

•••
The site was better back in 2005. Fortunately the backend is more or less unchanged.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back