IT.COM

Dynadot visitors stats for domain backorders

NameSilo
Watch

pier0

Established Member
Impact
Are the visitors stats claimed by Dynadot for pending delete domains reliable?

I've spoken to their support and they claim to get those numbers from third party parking companies, but I don't see how parking companies have access to visitors stats for all expired domains that are about to drop.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Are the visitors stats claimed by Dynadot for pending delete domains reliable?

I've spoken to their support and they claim to get those numbers from third party parking companies, but I don't see how parking companies have access to visitors stats for all expired domains that are about to drop.

no they are not reliable in my experience. at least they weren't in the past when i used them.

also i doubt that these are parking stats as parking companies would not be allowed to publish private data from domain owners. also they would not have access to all domain stats.

i think they get their data from verisign and these are not visitors but dns lookups that fail.

so this includes bots.

as the majority of web traffic is from bots and almost any domain gets bot traffic nowadays, even domains that never existed the numbers are not very reliable and usually most of what you see is bot traffic and worthless.

so be careful when buying a domain with visitor stats. Even xxxxx can be 0 visitors.

Last edited:
•••
If all domains get bot traffic and you can work out a baseline, the rest should be real type in traffic and/or backlinks clicks. Or not?
Are there any services or tools that provide (reliable) traffic stats? I know that Dynadot has one for unregistered domains.

•••
If all domains get bot traffic and you can work out a baseline, the rest should be real type in traffic and/or backlinks clicks. Or not?
Are there any services or tools that provide (reliable) traffic stats? I know that Dynadot has one for unregistered domains.

no i think it's pretty hard because the baseline varies a lot.

you would have to do a lot of testing and see of there is a pattern that works.

my (limited) experience:almost all of the traffic shown was bots. that's why i don't buy domains based on these stats anymore.

try for yourself, buy a couple of domains with traffic stats and park them to see how they do.

Last edited:
•••
I never thought their traffic stats were very accurate. Same goes with GoDaddy and other places that display the so-called traffic. My recommendation would be to take what you see with a grain of salt. If it's traffic you're going after then take those names and do some back checking on them. There are other factors you can look at to see if the traffic is more than likely real or fake.

•••
I don't think the number of visitors is accurate AT ALL. I also called in the past and told them that this kinda traffic must be inaccurate. They said they got them, but comparison of specific domains with other registrars show that enormous differences. Or the so-called stats for enormous long names seem to have in the thousands of visitors.what's impossible.

HOWEVER : Their DDOT-Aftermarket-domaintraffic is probably genuine.
(Because that traffic is based on domains registered at Dynadot).

•••
why would it be impossible for a long name to have traffic?

HOWEVER : Their DDOT-Aftermarket-domaintraffic is probably genuine

yes it is more accurate but it shows the stats for the last month. Once a website is offline the traffic often goes down rapidly so you might get much less than the stats indicate. I heard in some cases people got far more traffic than the stats would show. Not sure how that would work.

It seems that traffic stats are never very reliable.

Last edited:
•••
is sedo is usefuul for selling domains i have a premium domains fezmo.com, cakefox.com, how to sell my domains

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back