Dynadot

Dynadot - Parking revenue figures - Accurate or nonsense

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Jonathan MacDermid

Socially CorporateEstablished Member
Impact
Hi All,

Although dynadot do not offer parking services to users, they do provide visitor stats and parking revenue earnings on their expired auction pages.

My question is, How accurate do you think they are?

Dynadot states that they provide the figures directly from the 3rd party parking provider they use, however the look off to me.

Example - wildernesurvival.net - 2 years old - 29 links - 8100 visitors and £94.42 in revenue.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Why do you think that domain could not have any parking earnings? I mean, it used to be a legit site about wilderness survival so there are chances that it had traffic too.

•••
They use Bodis as parking backend.

Last edited:
•••
Go look at the ads right now. Run the terms through the adense tool. You'll get your answer.

•••
Why do you think that domain could not have any parking earnings? I mean, it used to be a legit site about wilderness survival so there are chances that it had traffic too.

Thanks. Thats the sort of response I was hoping for. Had seen an expired misspelled .net with minimal links and was confused at the traffic. Did not consider the previous use of the site may have been successful even with minimal links. I've never revenue parked before so still trying to figure it out especially as I see plenty of sites with stats like this going for next to nothing at auction.

Last edited:
•••
Go look at the ads right now. Run the terms through the adense tool. You'll get your answer.
How would the adsense confirm the traffic to me? Serious question.

•••
•••
The traffic is from the few days it was parked by dynadot since it expires. Test this yourself .Go visit some domains that are at auction.

The AdWords suggestion was about calculating the (potential) click value.

•••
"Few days" are actually the 30+/- days post expiration. I've never seen the stated revenue change from the start of the 7 day auction window until it sells at auction or drops without selling. Post auction there is a 3 day redemption period (buyer gets the domain on the 4th day after the auction ends) for the losing registrant to redeem the domain totaling an approximate 10 day period where additional revenue earned by Dynadot is not reported so if anything the revenue is understated. Of course we don't know Dynadot's payment terms and therefore any revenue shown is subject to clawback. There is also a fairly common phenomena of domains being moved to a new parking service and suddenly having a spurt of revenue activity. Many parking investors will have seen this. As an example I just let AmericanPowerVac.com expire. It is up for auction at Dynadot where it's earned $3.46 in 30 days on 10 visitors - more than it made in the last 12 months parked somewhere other than Sedo - where it is parked today - 12/15/18. No insult intended towards Juergen Wolf's (brilliant guy) claim that Dynadot uses Bodis (they may change parking cos when the auction starts or manage it through some other internal method since I don't think they use Above or ParkLogic ). I've found Dynadot's stats to be trustworthy. YMMV as backlink driven domain traffic and therefore revenue is subject to substantial fluctuation as referring backlinks are lost over time.

•••
Not sure about the revenue stats, but I have always found visitor stats to be misleading. The visitor stats include spiders, bots and crawlers. Its not dynadot's fault, its just the reality of tracking visitors.

•••
Juergen Wolf's (brilliant guy) claim that Dynadot uses Bodis (they may change parking cos when the auction starts or manage it through some other internal method since I don't think they use Above or ParkLogic ).
Thanks.
Yes... previously it was Bodis 100%.
Nowadays, I just rechecked - ParkingCrew.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back