IT.COM

DynaDot Drop Catch forgot to pay, got the name through regular hand reg

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

xynames

XYNames.comTop Member
Impact
This was a name on my watch list from...about two years ago. Name came up, put in the $24.99 DynaDot drop catch order (back order), and got it.

Was traveling over the weekend and didn't have time to punch in the full credit card info for the payment (needed to input the CVV code), somewhat forgot about it and after two days it was cancelled. As soon as I received the cancellation email I phoned DD, offered to pay the $24.99, but they told me that the failure to pay/perform wouldn't be held against me as it was the first time I had done this, and that the domain was available for hand reg anyway.

I picked it up for just over $8. which is my special price with them since I have a lot of domains and have been with them for a very long time.

Which begs the question: is DD drop catch / back order any good? Or does it just get domains that no one else wants (no one else is trying to drop catch) anyway?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's one of the worst performing one, only slightly above Godaddy,and now, possibly pheenix. It catches the remnants of the bottom of the barrel after the bottom has been scraped ;)

•••
DynaDot just caught me another drop catched dot com; I went ahead and paid the 24.99 this time, as usual.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back