Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

discuss Dumb Buyers

SpaceshipSpaceship
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Watch

DnEbook

DataGlasses.ComTop Member
Impact
5,747
Last week it was "dumb sellers" This week it is dumb buyers, I get the "I need a name for the hobby blog" email sometimes (even if on a sales lander page) I reply that domains have a value and that to own mine will cost a certain amount. If I feel I need to reinforce the point I will put a link into DnJournal Sales Report. Do you have experiences with Dumb Buyers?
 
1
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
no not yet but wishes to you for the future
 
0
•••
Hhahahah I had dude contact me a few years back for a domain I had that was related to fishing. He told me he wanted the domain and gave me the usual Hobby "story" - thanks to FB and him not having the sense to lock down his profile. I was able to ascertain that the dude owned a few Deeps Sea Fishing boats... When I pointed that out to him... he was gone....lol never heard from him again... I don't recall his name or the domain in question
 
2
•••
One buyer thought that I was the one who sold him his present domain and was blaming me for no improvement in seo!
 
1
•••
a buyer once thought i was selling him own domain
 
0
•••
the buyer never paid
 
0
•••
Yeah, same with me. A buyer thought I was selling him his own domain name.
 
0
•••
I have had such an encounter before.
A buyer told me get lost as I was trying to sell his domain to him

Turns our he forgot to renew his domain and then i got it on dropcatch
 
0
•••
One got angry and abusive when I told him the name wasn't for sale! :unsure:
 
0
•••
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back