Dynadot

DropCatch.com Backorder System

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

CiLGiN

Established Member
Impact
Hello @Rebies I was interested about NameBright.com Backorder system But I didnt find any information about it.

What is your backorder price and how can I find some info.

Just for about simple today droped bogo.net domain name and when I was checked whois details your system NameBright cought on it.

Best Regards.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Someone tried to catch Beautiful-Women(.)com via DropCatch?
It is really interesting why this name doesn't go to public auction?

•••
Someone tried to catch Beautiful-Women(.)com via DropCatch?
It is really interesting why this name doesn't go to public auction?

I believe that domains only go to public auction if they have at least two backorders. If a domain only has one backorder at DropCatch, it is automatically assigned to that one backorder customer.

•••
Dropcatch.com is very good at sniping domains the only "catch" is HugeDomains.com being a "partner" and this means you have to backorder 10minutes before closing time or HugeDomains will cherry pick from the backorders. I am not accusing HugeDomains of doing it as a business model, its probably some rogue employee who is trying to capitalize on other peoples research, but if you order a few hours before closing time you will most likely end up with half the domains being at HugeDomains.

This is a shame because if half the domains go to HugeDomains then it is cheaper to back order at Goddaddy and have them catch more than half anyway.

We used to backorder at Dynadot but after 2 days of HugeDomains practically picking up every domain we back ordered, we had to change who we backordered with and we placed the backorders at the latest possible time and lo and behold 0 domains went to HugeDomains.

Dropcatch.com will be the go-to place for backorders if they can get rid of HugeDomains IMO

•••
I've used dropcatch hundreds of times and they typically beat most other drop catching services, I've been beat by netsol once and namejet once but if I really want a name I just backorder it at multiple places.

One thing I don't agree with is that HugeDomains actually competes with you when backordering a domain, seems like a conflict of interest.

•••
One thing I don't agree with is that HugeDomains actually competes with you when backordering a domain, seems like a conflict of interest.

Definitely is a conflict. Should not be allowed

•••
HugeDomains doesn't compete, not like that anyway; the way the teiring model works is that if you pay for a standard $59 backorder, you have priority over HugeDomains. Also, HugeDomains doesn't participate in auctions (from what I've seen; you'd know as soon as they won a domain, since it'd go onto their site, and then the cat would be out of the bag).

•••
HugeDomains doesn't compete, not like that anyway; the way the teiring model works is that if you pay for a standard $59 backorder, you have priority over HugeDomains.

Good to know.

•••
HugeDomains doesn't compete, not like that anyway; the way the teiring model works is that if you pay for a standard $59 backorder, you have priority over HugeDomains. Also, HugeDomains doesn't participate in auctions (from what I've seen; you'd know as soon as they won a domain, since it'd go onto their site, and then the cat would be out of the bag).

Yes, good to know as well. I haven't lost an auction to them yet but I have lost domains to them that I put in a discount backorder for

•••
That's the other thing about the teired model: discount backorders (less than $59) lose to them every time if they're on HugeDomains' chase list; I've spoken to some of their engineers (great guys), and while they're fairly hush-hush about the details of how they get their lists, it sounds like they make a pretty good point to avoid contamination between the discount list at DropCatch and the chase list at HugeDomains.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back