NameSilo

showcase Dot Online Showcase

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Winfluence

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
Not sure how, but PokerRoom.Online and PokerRooms.Online slipped through preregistrations and they're not even premium (amazingly), so I nabbed 'em!

Given that poker rooms are originally an "offline" concept and because most poker sites are essentially "rooms" and they call themselves that, I think I made out with a couple of nice ones.

What .Online domains did you get?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Picked up a few more.... Maybe this extension will fall flat on its face, but you don't make money if you don't gamble right?

Texts.online
Textmessage.online
Textmessaging.online
Etransfer.online
TradeFutures.online
BuyFutures.online
TradeStock.online
RaiseMoney.online
Boatinsurance.online
MovieRentals.online
CruiseFares.online
CruiseTickets.online

Thought and comments appreciated!
Still have time to grace delete... :)

•••
•••
So tomorrow the closed auctions on preordered names will end at Godaddy.
I'm curious - do you have any names on auction? Are you bidding? More importantly - do you WANT to win?

I have 4 names - 2 have bids by other people so at most I can win 2 (by default).
And to be honest - after some thinking - I wouldn't mind if I didn't win any (and got a refund to spend on something else - .com/net/org)
4 hours left:
3 down (have bids: $10, $10 and $26) 1 to go (no bids yet)

How are your auctions guys?

•••
Gambling != investing.
Lol
Yup. Gambling on an investment!

What are YOUR thoughts on this extension Kate?

•••
I own

WatchTelevision .online
DressUpGames .online

•••
What are YOUR thoughts on this extension Kate?
I have ZERO interest in new extensions, thus I haven't bought any. Good luck anyway.

•••
I already know when I'm online. ;)

•••
Gambling != investing.

Dont get too mad at me.
I know its semantics, but I think Gambling would be more akin to Speculating, as Investing implies some sort of known value and/or perceived direction with the intention/hope of seeing a return based on prior information.

These nTLDs are unknowns in nearly every form of the word. You are gambling your $$$ away on entities of an unknown quantification, with no track record and no substance in which to base any logical means of making a rational decision.

Just a thought with no real meaning behind it.

Cheers

•••
Of course this is a gray zone. Investing is making a calculated and educated risk, after doing proper research.
Wishful thinking is gambling. Like the lottery. Seldom works in domaining :)

•••
I already know when I'm online. ;)

Ya....but I don't think the extension is supposed to remind you that you are online....so that point of view is moot IMO.

I understand that most things searched for by people are not followed by "online" when input into a search engine.

Maybe I'm wrong....but I do see potential value with .online.

I could easily see a company snatching up buy.online or date.online and developing and marketing it the same as buy.com or date.com.

I feel .Online flows and adds more meaning than something like .top, .xyz or .ooo.

I think we have all seen names/sites with obscure extensions that have done well with good marketing and SEO...so anything is possible with any extension...but for me, .Online just makes way more sense on way more levels. ;)

•••
Of course this is a gray zone. Investing is making a calculated and educated risk, after doing proper research.
Wishful thinking is gambling. Like the lottery. Seldom works in domaining :)

I was just messing with you.
I fully agree with you. This is all wishful thinking regardless on what side you take.
There are ebbs and flows and all of this is subject to the natural gyrations of finances and peoples/businesses discretionary funds.

Anyway, I like your approach to domains. We should try to get you to speculate in some of the nTLDs however, *IF* they sell, they ROI is normally outstanding... Just food for thought.

Cheers and all the best.

•••
I have a meeting with about 12 other domainers including...
Kevin Ham
John Demco
Cybele Negris

At the Webnames.ca office in Vancouver next Tuesday evening.

I will see if I can run this extension by them and get their views...

I'll post anything interesting.

Last edited:
•••
4 hours left:

How are your auctions guys?
From the 3 .online domains at auction i've won 2 ($26 and $27 :))

The 3rd auction took 1hr and 15min. (what a drag... I Love sniping on eBay) and unfortunately I had to tap out at US$350..... I should have bought it last week Sunday :-,

•••
From the 3 .online domains at auction i've won 2 ($26 and $27 :))

The 3rd auction took 1hr and 15min. (what a drag... I Love sniping on eBay) and unfortunately I had to tap out at US$350..... I should have bought it last week Sunday :-,

Congrats (hopefully)
What did you "tap out" on?

•••
Congrats (hopefully)
What did you "tap out" on?
Thanx (I'm hopeful)
There are some future gtld's coming out where I would like to register this keyword in, so i'm keeping it to myself.

•••
"Texts.online
Textmessage.online
Textmessaging.online
Etransfer.online
TradeFutures.online
BuyFutures.online
TradeStock.online
RaiseMoney.online
Boatinsurance.online
MovieRentals.online
CruiseFares.online
CruiseTickets.online"

Some good picks. Let me know if you decided to get a refund as I would add one of those to my list.
Cheers,

•••
ifyoucantreadthis
BuyContacts .online

•••
4 hours left:
Didn't win any. Oh, well...
But it will suck if I ever see them at Namebio sold for $xxxx ;)

•••
Didn't win any. Oh, well...
But it will suck if I ever see them at Namebio sold for $xxxx ;)

What did they go for?

•••
What did they go for?
$10 (NNN) and ~$330 (keyword)
The other 2 I'm not sure - they already disappeared from the list.
One was at $25 3 hours before the end and I'm sure it went for more.
The last one didn't have any bids, hard to say with this one (probably assigned to the person that preregistered it before me)

•••
•••
•••
I wasn't a fan in the beginning but that's changed. I can see this one in the #1 or #2 spot within a year if it continues at it's current rate. O.o

New gTLD launch...

•••
I have no doubt that it will hit the number 1 spot within 2 years. probably way before that.
Radix has a target 1 million plus within two years. I think they will hit 100000 by the end of the month.

•••
Was in auction for two, packed my bags when they reached $xxx
Sometimes it makes no sense with the new g's and it's speculators alike.

Say a name goes for $250, renewals at $30, the liquid value is 0.
The .com cost $1000, renewals at $9, the liquid value is $500.

.online only had 2nd tier and worse names available.

It really don't add up. Again to much herd mentality.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back