IT.COM

.ca Dot CA Discussion, Sales, and Showcase

NameSilo
Watch

whitebark

Part-Time ZombieVIP Member
Impact
Domains For Next MyID .ca Auction

These are the upcoming domains and reserve range for the next/current myid.ca auction:

666.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Acrobats.ca ($251 - $500)
affordabletrips.ca ($251 - $500)
AirportRentals.ca ($1001 - $1750)
albertabyowner.ca ($251 - $500)
BridalOnline.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Broke.ca ($5001 - $7500)
CanadianDrugStores.ca ($501 - $750)
CanadianTennis.ca ($1001 - $1750)
CarStore.ca ($1001 - $1750)
CheaperFlights.ca ($101 - $250)
CraftSales.ca ($501 - $750)
DiscountTours.ca ($1001 - $1750)
DivorceTips.ca ($501 - $750)
DownloadFreeRingtone(s).ca ($2 - $100)
DUILawyers.ca ($1001 - $1750)
EasyIncome.ca ($751 - $1000)
EcoVoyage.ca ($251 - $500)
EngineeringCareer.ca ($751 - $1000)
Enlargement(s).ca ($751 - $1000)
ExoticHolidays.ca ($1001 - $1750)
FashionOnline.ca ($2501 - $3750)
Fertiliser.ca ($1001 - $1750)
FitnessJob.ca ($751 - $1000)
FlightSearch.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Freebies.ca ($7501 - $10000)
FreelancingJobs.ca ($2501 - $3750)
FurnitureLiquidation.ca ($751 - $1000)
GayBlog.ca ($251 - $500)
GayCanada.ca ($3751 - $5000)
HealthGuide.ca ($1001 - $1750)
HearingAids.ca ($7501 - $10000)
Hired.ca ($7501 - $10000)
HockeyGame.ca ($1001 - $1750)
homegardens.ca ($251 - $500)
HowToDance.ca ($501 - $750)
iBlogs.ca ($751 - $1000)
InternetHelp.ca ($251 - $500)
InternetPhones.ca ($1751 - $2500)
JFK.ca ($1001 - $1750)
JointVenture.ca ($2501 - $3750)
KitchenWare.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Lake-Ontario.ca ($1001 - $1750)
LogosOnline.ca ($501 - $750)
Mask.ca ($3751 - $5000)
MontrealLaser.ca ($251 - $500)
MontrealTravel.ca ($1001 - $1750)
MusicJob.ca ($751 - $1000)
NutritionJob.ca ($751 - $1000)
OakvilleFlowers.ca ($501 - $750)
OnlineCoupons.ca ($1001 - $1750)
OnlineDates.ca ($2501 - $3750)
OnlineGaming.ca ($2501 - $3750)
OnlineStock.ca ($751 - $1000)
OnlineStocks.ca ($751 - $1000)
OrganicStore.ca ($1751 - $2500)
PharmaceuticalCareer.ca ($751 - $1000)
PizzaRestaurant(s).ca ($101 - $250)
PrivatePilots.ca ($501 - $750)
ProFootball.ca ($251 - $500)
QuebecHoneymoons.ca ($1001 - $1750)
RollerBlading.ca ($5001 - $7500)
SaskatoonRealtors.ca ($101 - $250)
SelfImprovement.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Sensual.ca ($10001 - $15000)
Shareware.ca ($15001 - $25000)
SingleChristian.ca ($251 - $500)
SmallJob.ca ($1001 - $1750)
SNN.ca ($251 - $500)
Snores.ca ($1751 - $2500)
SportsStore.ca ($501 - $750)
TechJobs.ca ($2501 - $3750)
TeddyBear.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Theme.ca ($2501 - $3750)
TNN.ca ($251 - $500)
TorontoComputer.ca ($251 - $500)
TorontoComputers.ca ($251 - $500)
TorontoDentists.ca ($2501 - $3750)
TravelAuction.ca ($2501 - $3750)
UniqueGifts.ca ($2501 - $3750)
UsedHouses.ca ($251 - $500)
UsedLaptops.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Valuable.ca ($501 - $750)
VancouverHomeForSale.ca ($101 - $250)
War.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Women.ca ($50000)

I can see a number of these getting picked up - there a few others I'm surprised they accepted the high reserve and can't see selling because of it. What do you think?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Has anyone tried to change the organization field for all contacts lately?

I used to put MapleDots.ca as the organization on all my domains but I tried doing that on a couple the other day and it wont update unless I add Inc. Ltd, LLC etc and it will not allow a .ca as part of the organization field.

What if the organization is a sole proprietor?

I don't think cira has thought out this new rules that it has to be government , hospital or a professional service compared to a published list they have. I don't want to put MapleDots Inc. I want to put MapleDots.ca!!

•••
•••
[QUOTE="I don't think cira has thought out this new rules that it has to be government , hospital or a professional service compared to a published list they have. I don't want to put MapleDots Inc. I want to put MapleDots.ca!![/QUOTE]

It may not be CIRA - it may just be that your registrar is trying to validate fields looking for mistakes or data put in the wrong field, etc... I'd put a support request in and find out from them. If it is indeed CIRA's rules, they'll probably be able to tell you that.

•••
[QUOTE="I don't think cira has thought out this new rules that it has to be government , hospital or a professional service compared to a published list they have. I don't want to put MapleDots Inc. I want to put MapleDots.ca!!

It may not be CIRA - it may just be that your registrar is trying to validate fields looking for mistakes or data put in the wrong field, etc... I'd put a support request in and find out from them. If it is indeed CIRA's rules, they'll probably be able to tell you that.[/QUOTE]

No it's for sure a Cira thing

I struggled with it the other day and kept getting a Cira error telling me it has to be a proper business name ending in LTD or similar. I have to keep all my domains as they are because I have the web address in the Organization field right now and if I change it I get the error.

•••
Have you changed your profile to a Non-Individual/Corporation entity type?

If not, I cannot see any restriction on company suffix when using Individual + Non-Corporate Company.

•••
Picture0023.png

See pic above

That is the error if I change the organization name on any of my domains if I put in a web address.

It allows...

MapleDots Inc
MapleDots Ltd
MapleDots LLC

It does not allow
MapleDots
MapleDots.ca
MapleDots.ca Inc.

They have changed the rules once again.
If I leave the names on my previous domains there is no issue but if I change a name it must conform to the new rules.

•••
•••
•••
Not sure if this is your situation but does this help? @MapleDots From a SEDO email"

On May 25, 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation will take effect. This means the WHOIS will “disappear”. In the new public record system, personal data will no longer be visible either to individuals or Sedo. So far we were able to verify from the WHOIS records that you are the legitimate owner of the domains you listed for sale. This means it will be much harder for us to match your account data with the WHOIS information in order to clear your domains for sale on our site."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Data_Protection_Regulation

I been getting a lot of "Changing our Policy" emails from every site that I belong too..

Last edited:
•••
https://www.namesilo.com/Support/Expiration-Process
TLD
.CA
EXPIRED (GRACE PERIOD) 1-62
EXPIRED (RESTORE PERIOD) N/A
EXPIRED (PENDING DELETE PERIOD)
DAY 63
DELETED Within 64-70

@namesilo does this mean we have 62 days to renew a .ca domain?

https://cira.ca/domain-name-life-cycle

Redemption Grace Period ( days 46-75)?
If you didn't renew with your Registrar during the Auto-Renew Grace Period, your domain is now deleted, and the .CA enters a 30-day redemption grace period. During this period, the domain is no longer active - any websites or email addresses associated with the domain name will cease to function.

During this period, you may request that your Registrar redeem and renew the deleted .CA for one year, or you may transfer it to an alternative Registrar. This is your final opportunity to renew the domain.

•••
https://www.namesilo.com/Support/Expiration-Process
TLD
.CA
EXPIRED (GRACE PERIOD) 1-62
EXPIRED (RESTORE PERIOD) N/A
EXPIRED (PENDING DELETE PERIOD)
DAY 63
DELETED Within 64-70

@namesilo does this mean we have 62 days to renew a .ca domain?

https://cira.ca/domain-name-life-cycle

Redemption Grace Period ( days 46-75)?
If you didn't renew with your Registrar during the Auto-Renew Grace Period, your domain is now deleted, and the .CA enters a 30-day redemption grace period. During this period, the domain is no longer active - any websites or email addresses associated with the domain name will cease to function.

During this period, you may request that your Registrar redeem and renew the deleted .CA for one year, or you may transfer it to an alternative Registrar. This is your final opportunity to renew the domain.

Yes, that is correct

•••
OK - I give up on the "opening the registration up" thing (for now).

But, I have decided that .ca needs a brandable marketplace. Brandbucket,brandroot,brandpa,plentyofbrands,namerific don't accept .ca's. I'm sure there are others that don't as well.

Am I correct that most of you would like to get your brandable .ca's in front of CMO's and CEO's of Canadian companies an on ongoing basis? Would you pay a nominal fee, $10-$25 per name(first submission free, maybe a free sunrise period to stock up) for a service that would be similar to the brandable websites listed above? ie your name would get a logo, and a description. There would be paid advertising for the main site to attract appropriate traffic, perhaps guest blog spots from marketing "experts" in exchange for links and return traffic. I believe strongly in press releases and would be issuing them for significant sales and significant submissions to the site, really anything of significance for the site.

I prepared the first edition of a quarterly newsletter and have a list of 300+ CMO/CEO types for my DomainPortfolio.ca but decided not to send it because my names just aren't quality enough for the people on the mailing list.

I would like to get your feedback on this marketplace idea. Please indicate if you would be willing to participate in this venture.

I think I will go with DomainCafe.ca - I think it's reminiscent of Stuart McLeans "Vinyl Cafe", it's a warm and friendly name at any rate.

I am willing to look at an alternative brand, if you have one for a reasonable price. PM for that.

•••
I like the idea. I would be in.

•••
OK - I give up on the "opening the registration up" thing (for now).

But, I have decided that .ca needs a brandable marketplace. Brandbucket,brandroot,brandpa,plentyofbrands,namerific don't accept .ca's. I'm sure there are others that don't as well.

Am I correct that most of you would like to get your brandable .ca's in front of CMO's and CEO's of Canadian companies an on ongoing basis? Would you pay a nominal fee, $10-$25 per name(first submission free, maybe a free sunrise period to stock up) for a service that would be similar to the brandable websites listed above? ie your name would get a logo, and a description. There would be paid advertising for the main site to attract appropriate traffic, perhaps guest blog spots from marketing "experts" in exchange for links and return traffic. I believe strongly in press releases and would be issuing them for significant sales and significant submissions to the site, really anything of significance for the site.

I prepared the first edition of a quarterly newsletter and have a list of 300+ CMO/CEO types for my DomainPortfolio.ca but decided not to send it because my names just aren't quality enough for the people on the mailing list.

I would like to get your feedback on this marketplace idea. Please indicate if you would be willing to participate in this venture.

I think I will go with DomainCafe.ca - I think it's reminiscent of Stuart McLeans "Vinyl Cafe", it's a warm and friendly name at any rate.

I am willing to look at an alternative brand, if you have one for a reasonable price. PM for that.

I started a showcase thread here:
If I can get 300-500 quality brandables showing I will start moving forward.

•••
•••
this is probably one of my best and/or favorite .ca domains

just got 1k offer (thats buyer first offer = 1k)
... u think I should take it or counter?

booklet....................ca

p.s.
also own.. booklets....ca

this is a great name for any site with information about canada.. or other things/places.. not to mention good name for say a business printing/selling booklets about anything...

I suppose booklet can have a few usages.

Last edited:
•••
That is really up to you, as I recently had a bad experience with a negotiation.

Got an offer and went back and forth on a domain, then when the two prices got very close and my last counter came in, the buyer disappeared and the domain needed to sit there for 7 days for it to expire.. and yes, you got it, I had some interest from another source but I still have 2 days left until it officially expires.

So if the offer is offline and private, no biggie, but it's it on Afternic, Sedo, GD, etc. be very careful.

Last edited:
•••

p.s.

this is a great name for any site with information about canada.. or other things/places.. not to mention good name for say a business printing/selling booklets about anything...

I countered a $1000 offer with $12000 and spooked my fish.
Maybe counter at 6500 and at least you're talking. If you don't need to sell it counter with 10000.
Good luck!

•••
•••

p.s.

One of your favorite/favourite, best domains..and it is a "evergreen" name..

Personally, if this was my domain (and I was in no financial stre$$), I would counter off with something like 10X his offer and negotiate to 5X's .

And if I was in financial stress...counter with 2.5X and settle for 1.5X's

Bear in my mind, that my favs/"evergreen" (as opposed to seasonal like Christmas Gifts) are locked away in my "long term portfolio" ..hoping that privacy/long term registration would get me a fanastic R.O.I.

Just my thoughts...

•••
Any good, .ca domain transfer rebates/discounts out there?

and anyone else going to the Hexonet Domain Cruise in Vancouver Aug 23/18?

Last one was great.

•••
•••
above.co market sales
not mine
not on namebio

lh.ca $7,000
playground.ca $5,000

•••
these names are ready to drop anyone interested it's $20 plus Renewals ( @$13 CAD )so i can transfer them or they will be gone in a cpl days bound for the TBR

sorry for post here but in sales thread you need to post a ton of details for each domain.

AircraftFinance.ca
AircraftMaintenance.ca
AlbertaOptometrists.ca
Alchemists.ca
AllInclusiveTrips.ca
Amend.ca
AntiqueAutos.ca
AnxietyRelief.ca
ApartmentFinders.ca
AppleRepair.ca
AppleReview.ca
ApplianceService.ca
Astrocytoma.ca
BambooPillow.ca
BikeTrails.ca
Biogreen.ca
BlindDates.ca
BMIcalculator.ca
BoatTops.ca
BudgetPlanner.ca
Camisoles.ca
CanadianWriters.ca
CannabisConnection.ca
CloudTPU.ca
CoconutMilk.ca
CommercialRealtor.ca
DropshipSecrets.ca
drys.ca
ElectricCigarette.ca
Freedns.ca
FreshApparal.ca
GalaxyCinema.ca
GetFinancing.ca
GoogleAssist.ca
HealingCrystals.ca
HealthyPregnancy.ca
HighCholesterol.ca
Iband.ca
Iceauger.ca
iceaugers.ca
Laptopbags.ca
macreview.ca
massagepro.ca
massagestudio.ca
maxaction.ca
mexicoretreats.ca
minecrafthost.ca
minecraftmods.ca
moshimonsters.ca
needcredit.ca
oceanpointe.ca
OrganicSupplement.ca
pence.ca
peptides.ca
phonecase.ca
pokerhands.ca
primaryschool.ca
realestateflipping.ca
samana.ca
secheltoptometrist.ca
singlesdating.ca
singlesevents.ca
skiingbc.ca
skinrepair.ca
thermogenic.ca
thewalkingdead.ca
timecrystals.ca
traveloutlet.ca
vancitybridal.ca
vancouverbride.ca
vhost.ca
virtualdesktop.ca
waterfrontcondominiums.ca
wholesalesupplements.ca
wireshark.ca
yogamaster.ca
yogatrainer.ca

time is running out...

pm sold for any names you want.

Dan

•••
Not sure if this was a smart or "not-so-smart" registration on my part!

Pretty sure, this short character/typo" name is not going to get much "search bar" traffic because I used a zero instead of "o"
But considering the "industry...just regged " p0rn.ca " might sell.

Got the idea, because I type it in on FB/forums/etc that way (censor/etc) friendly..

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back