Dynadot

Don't Understand GoDaddy With .co.uk

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I have found (apart from here ;) ) godaddy to be the best :kickass:

but dont like the idea of "HAVING" to take out .co.uk for a min 2 years???? when with other reg sites I dont have to :|

I like the way godaddy is set up, run, and easy to navigate but feel I have to purchase .co.uk's elsewhere :sick:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
ok have read and sorta understand :]

I have found the name at registerfly.com for $13.98 alot cheaper than godaddy but have not dealt with them before. Anyone??? :tri:

•••
Just my 2¢ on registerfly:
It's OK to register gTLDs like .com .net .org etc with them but for .UK I would use another registrar.

What seems cool at first glance is that they offer many ccTLDs like .de .co.uk .it .at etc - I was glad about it since I am active in European names too - but I have noticed from my experience that ccTLD registrations with registerfly often fail or get stuck and I need to submit a ticket to complete the registration.
BTW it looks like they actually are a reseller for Tucows for certain ccTLDs.

So I would not advise using them for your purpose. .CO.UK names are actually cheap with many other registrars.
I have found good UK-based registrars which offer very competitive pricing for .co.uk names, even with rates in £.

•••
Cheers will take a look around although I would rather had stayed with godaddy should they have been alittle cheaper :tu: Oh well

•••
.co.uk domains have to be reg'd for 2 years.

•••
Well in the end I did use godaddy to reg it along with a 10% off voucher code so not sooooo bad :|

•••
in all honesty some sites show you how much a .co.uk is for a year but when you go to register it, it will only allow a minimum of 2 years (they halve their reg cost to show you how much it costs average a year)

•••
indeed filth that is true, all .uk are 2 years min

•••
I use 123-reg.co.uk for all my .co.uk for business's and personal reason being superb bunch and extremely easy panel to use and transfer system.

•••
tipsfromthetop said:
I use 123-reg.co.uk for all my .co.uk for business's and personal reason being superb bunch and extremely easy panel to use and transfer system.

Yes :blink: someone else has pointed me in this direction too

Thanks

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back