Dynadot

domains Don’t just register any Meta related name – A look at the 645 registered yesterday

NameSilo
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
Over the past couple months there have been some incredible meta/metaverse domain name sales. Some of these have been in domain extensions that don’t get much action. This can lead to people thinking that any old name can work. You have to be careful of getting intoxicated by outliers. Not any old word is going […]

Continue Reading

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes domaining world is emotionally crazy. While any new things come out, countless new crap domains registered simultaneously.

Anyone researched annually how much $$$$$$$ wasted in registering useless and unsaleable domains ?

•••
There were some domains with hyphen that were sold for a good amount. Can't remember the names tho.

•••
Over the past couple months there have been some incredible meta/metaverse domain name sales. Some of these have been in domain extensions that don’t get much action. This can lead to people thinking that any old name can work. You have to be careful of getting intoxicated by outliers. Not any old word is going […]

Continue Reading

Well...to be on trend :xf.laugh: i reg.
Very nice IDN where .コム ( japanese ) is .com ( english ) & manage by Verisign

Meta.コム
Metaverse.コム

•••
Domain name market is too variable

•••
Until another obscure meta/metaverse domain gets sold for 5 or 6 figures :laugh:
No one knows exactly which domain the end user/s would pick, so many Domainers register multiple meta/metaverse domains to spread the investment.

•••
People are registering utter garbage at this point.

•••
What if out of these domains one sells in five figure??? Would really shock us... Isn't?

•••
What if out of these domains one sells in five figure??? Would really shock us... Isn't?

I think some can sell Bobby, but people need to watch the hyphenated names that don't make much sense, I mean some are hyphen combined with a typo. That's just a waste of money in my opinion.

•••
•••
Normally i would agree, but 'meta' sales seem to be going against the norm, extensions where i've only seen few sales before are selling for huge amounts, i don't know what to think of it all to be honest.

Last edited:
•••
99% of those are garbage and will never sell. My only Meta domain is probably debatable but at least UTA if you don't like it as a Japanese language play has an argument as a Utah regional play.

•••
I have checked all my domains.
I own only 2 domains related to meta.
Metaverse.top
MetaData.xyz

•••
645 meta-related domains... in 1 day? :wideyed: Crazy!

•••
Somebody actually registered metasalmon (king) yesterday.

Crazy train, wooh wooh!!

•••
Somebody actually registered metasalmon (king) yesterday.

Crazy train, wooh wooh!!
Must be because this jpeg from 1994 fetched $25M in the recent Sothebys Metaverse auction:

Salmo_salar.jpg

•••
Must be because this jpeg from 1994 fetched $25M in the recent Sothebys Metaverse auction:

Salmo_salar.jpg

I'll take what is money laundering for 500 Alex

•••
People are registering utter garbage at this point.

Agreed, however, I fully expect Metafish.horse to make it onto the 6-fig sales at some point.

•••
Tbh the meta sales I've seen goes against what I was tot. So I feel spread out reg. isn't out of place but strategy. If it falls in, you win and if it doesn't you lose. Business

I reg MetaBroadband.com and FirstMetaBank.com

The only 2 I have :xf.grin::xf.grin::xf.grin:

•••
good luck

u will need it

•••
Tbh the meta sales I've seen goes against what I was tot. So I feel spread out reg. isn't out of place but strategy. If it falls in, you win and if it doesn't you lose. Business

I reg MetaBroadband.com and FirstMetaBank.com

The only 2 I have :xf.grin::xf.grin::xf.grin:
MetaBank is a TM. Just saying

•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
Back