IT.COM

DomainSponsor parking domains Avast alert

NameSilo
Watch

maya-zir

Top Member
Impact
Hi,
I had parked some domains at @DomainSponsor and had any problrm before.
Today I tried to enter one of my domains and Avast alerted and blocked the url.
The same problem with all parked there domains.
What is that?

I remember a few weeks ago I enter cancunpizza.com and had no any alert.
Now Avast alerted me all the time when I try to enter this url.
The same with some recently added there domains:
originalbrandy.com
brandwhiskey.com
homecaravans.com and more..

Any ideas?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You have to let DS know.

Probably, one of their ad-feed providers has issues with Avast. I checked a couple of the domains you showed and got no issues so it must be when DS tries to monetise the domains with an alternate ad provider

•••
So, what should I do?
What do you recommend me to do?
Report this to DomainSponsor?
Transfer my domain to another place?
I have there some money and added more domain trying to reach the sum I could transfer.

•••
i reported to DS the issue, thanks for your answer and advice

•••
I have the same issue with a couple of my domains parked on my own landing pages. Reported the issue to Avast 2 months ago but no response and no "fix". Ads are from Google Adsense

•••
Afaik, there are two ways for those alerts to pop-up:

a. The domain is getting redirected to flagged ads (as I believe is the case with mayazir).
Best thing to do in this case is to let your parking service know about this so they can contact their ad-provider and sort the issue out. The parking service can always block the ad-provider's ads temporarily until they sort the case out.

b. The domain exists in the AV's database as a malware site (as in WeSell-Domains case I believe). The only thing to do in that case is contact the AV support and explain them the situation.
Avast in my experience has one of the most difficult support to work things out but, if one gets persistent, they will do the unflag in the end.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back