Dynadot

showcase Domains You Won at Auction or Closeout

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ategy

Arif M, NameCult.com TheDomainSocial.comTop Member
Impact

This thread is to share domains you've Won at Auction or Bought at Closeout

Closeout = After auction but before completely dropping from registrar and before going into redemption.

I *HIGHLY* suggest to post only after the domain is transferred *INTO* your account!

Go here if it's a domain you bought that was available at anytime for "hand registration": Your Reg of the Day
Go here if it's a domain you snapped / "drop-catched" after "Pending Delete": Your Snap of the Day

Feel free to disguise the domain like Slash // dot // com or any o|t|h|e|r w a y you want.
IMPORTANT: *If* someone does disguise their name, please respect them by quoting them directly, or copy/paste them directly.

Things to optionally include (or just simply post the domain name):

1. What you paid for the domain(s), or the price range, or no price info at all.
  2. Any information, reasons or hard data (traffic, CPC, etc) that lead you to buy the domain(s).
  3. Where (or who) you acquired the domain from.
  4. How many other bidders there were.
  5. Whether the domain was "expired" or not.
  6. Whether the domain was at "closeout" or not.
  7. The history of the domain.
  8. What you see the domain being used for.
  9. Who a potential buyer could be.
  10. Anything else you want to share .. these are just possible ideas not "rules" ;)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
WalletCorp // dot // com
- Anything crypto is hot these days .. thought this could be a cool brand

GelPillow // dot // com
- Seems to be the latest trend in pillows and bedding.

AdvancedPilates // dot // com
- Not sure how many people do Pilates .. but it has to be in the millions.

@DomainGist and @NamesNewbie ... I'm still relatively new to actively domaining (although I've owned domains for many years with development intent). I definitely started this thread for everyone to use and share their buys. Check out the Domain Sales section of NamePros to see lots of domains being sold. If you want to look at some of my own I've linked a few of them here:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/anniversary-and-vip.1050371/

Show attachment 76562
(above is a jpeg, please do not write the domain in any replies).
I'll mostly be buying kings but I think it really works in the .org (google the keyword phrase if you want)

At first you'd think that it's not a good domain .. but reality is that lotto group playing is actually pretty big .. obviously the .com would be monster .. but it isn't at all bad in org! :)

My first closeout name Us/1/auto in king
Wanna try outbound to see if I can get a quick flip

Hmmmn .. I don't see the obvious end user .. but based on the enthusiasm shared with @Uppercredit I'm obviously missing something .. lol .. curious how you see it used and/or who you see as a potential buyer?
Getting names we like at $5 closeout is always a great feeling! :)

•••
Closeout...

aaaa.PNG

(jpeg, don't write actual domain please).

Going to be far from the flashiest domain in my portfolio, but I liked it enough to take a punt for $5.

•••
S4ve // dot // com
- Tihs is one of those domains that makes me feel like a hypocrite .. lol .. as I usually hate domains where numbers are used 2 r3pl4c3 l3tt3r5. However .. this is 4 characters and the word is SAVE! If you're going to speculate on this kind of domain .. then I don't think you can get any stronger than this. Particularly since once you get into 3 character domains you will start to pay a liquidity premium at the wholesale level.

MiracleGlasses // dot // com
- Like this both for Google Glass type technology .. but also for recent developments of glasses helping people who are colourblind to see in colour. Not sure if those youtube videos are fake .. but seems like it's a thing! lol

QuitStarving // dot // com
- I love this as a dieting marketing name. So many diet programs want to give the impression that you can diet without starving .. figured this to be a no brainer! :)

•••
ManClean // dot // com
- I really like this as a marketing brand for some kind of body wash

HeadlineHawk // dot // com
- Perfect name for news amalgamation service

VeganLasagna // dot // com
- I'll just stand back and let @Domain Shane and @Michael Cyger discuss the merits of this one! lol

TorontoStaging // dot // com
- Toronto is one of the hottest real estate markets in the world. Tons of luxury condos going up every day. Home staging is pretty big to maximise sales. I don't Geo much .. but couldn't resist this one.

•••
Booking // Rush
Lion // Housing

Both in .com landed in my account less than a week back.

•••
Lately I got:

SAN // TUREL // dot // com
CAMO // FIT // dot // com
CREAT // AGE // dot // com - which I love for some reason
COMPU // STREET // dot // com
IASI // ON // dot // com
AUTO // MACS // dot // com

•••
Sasov // dot // com
Iroxy // dot // com
Shwio // dot // com
Snavo // dot // com
Ubexo // dot // com
Zymma // dot // com

A handful of pronounceable 5L I've grabbed in December. Sasov is also a last name.

•••
Hmmmn .. I don't see the obvious end user .. but based on the enthusiasm shared with @Uppercredit I'm obviously missing something .. lol .. curious how you see it used and/or who you see as a potential buyer?
Getting names we like at $5 closeout is always a great feeling!
just sold the domain for $579:xf.grin::xf.grin::xf.grin::xf.grin::xf.grin:

•••
•••
•••
BoldGiant // dot // com
- A really strong brand for just about anything! :)

OptimizedLearning // dot // com
- Online education and training is huge industry. Really like this word combo together.

AnimalJunction // dot // com
- Nice open name for anything animal or pet related.

just sold the domain for $579:xf.grin::xf.grin::xf.grin::xf.grin::xf.grin:

Did you sell it through outbound or did they come to you?

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Emcee // dot // org
Radii // dot // net

Couple of great short real word non-com's. I'm not huge on .net .. UNLESS it's for tech type words .. and in that sense Radii is an amazing name (plural of Radius) .. particularly with all the trend to double up letters like "i" .. in this case it's the real spelling! :)

•••
gXAI.org

XAI is crypto domain for aicoin
XAI is explainable artificial intelligence
XAI is first name

•••
FlyingBasset // dot // com
- Just a great and fun sounding generic brand for just about anything.

RoseDiva // dot // com
- Amazing brand for anything feminine or female related.

TractorHut // dot // com
- No matter how much technology advances .. fields still need to be farmed and tractors are still going to be sold for a long time to come.

LEDCurtains // dot // com
Seeing these more and more as the price of LED lighting drops.

•••
•••
PlatinumIRA // dot // com
- In the USA, IRA stands for an actual financial term "Individual Retirement Account". So I obviously really like this one.

PennyClover // dot // com
- Two lucky things together. The two words also sound good together. I like this a lot as a gambling brand.

DesiredDwellings // dot // com
- At first I wasn't too sure on this. It's aged 10 years. What really sold me is the growth of AirBNB type businesses and more importantly that more and more jurisdictions are passing laws to let them operate legally. The DD alliteration was the extra big bonus on this one.

•••
PlatinumIRA sounds good, very thoughtful. Hopefully a nice end user sale one day :)
PennyClover is creative. It's the kind of domain which deep meaning you ponder for a long time.

•••
Hyves // net

Hyves used to be a dutch social network that tried to compete with facebook and myspace.

Estibot value $70k

Has traffic and backlinks

Plenty of end users i could market to on google

5.1 million google results for the search term "hyves"

Keyword taken in around 18 other extensions

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back