IT.COM

showcase Domains You Won at Auction or Closeout

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ategy

Arif M, NameCult.com TheDomainSocial.comTop Member
Impact

This thread is to share domains you've Won at Auction or Bought at Closeout

Closeout = After auction but before completely dropping from registrar and before going into redemption.

I *HIGHLY* suggest to post only after the domain is transferred *INTO* your account!

Go here if it's a domain you bought that was available at anytime for "hand registration": Your Reg of the Day
Go here if it's a domain you snapped / "drop-catched" after "Pending Delete": Your Snap of the Day

Feel free to disguise the domain like Slash // dot // com or any o|t|h|e|r w a y you want.
IMPORTANT: *If* someone does disguise their name, please respect them by quoting them directly, or copy/paste them directly.

Things to optionally include (or just simply post the domain name):

1. What you paid for the domain(s), or the price range, or no price info at all.
  2. Any information, reasons or hard data (traffic, CPC, etc) that lead you to buy the domain(s).
  3. Where (or who) you acquired the domain from.
  4. How many other bidders there were.
  5. Whether the domain was "expired" or not.
  6. Whether the domain was at "closeout" or not.
  7. The history of the domain.
  8. What you see the domain being used for.
  9. Who a potential buyer could be.
  10. Anything else you want to share .. these are just possible ideas not "rules" ;)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I usually stick to .coms .. particularly at auction .. but every now and they I stray if they are great keywords or keyterms and the TLD makes sense (usually org) ... :)

PhoneReviews // dot // org
Really like this one .. sooo many smartphone review sites out there .. this is pretty much THE keyterm .. and being org it commands authority and trust. Love it! :)

CareerSmart // dot // org
I rarely get brandable type domains in non-com .. but this one make as ton of sense for org. Could be almost anything to do with recruitment or resume writing or even online lessons for improving job skills. Or perfect name for a lead gen site on all those things.

Paver // dot // org
A heck a lot of pavers out there in the world .. figure there has to be quite a few groups and associations out there wanting a domain like this! :)

•••
BoneOfTheMonth // dot // com
Get you minds out of the gutter people .. obviously this could be an adult domain .. but I was thinking more in terms of a dog treat service. Because us dog people love out little furry friends and pay stupid amounts to treat them and keep them happy ... http://www.SteamieTheHotDog.com

GeneTherapyInstitute // dot // com
Really great name in health/pharma .. I have no issues on a name like this being 3 words when they are so powerfully on target for large potential institutions! :)

ForeignCurrencyOnline // dot // com
Pretty much same as above .. except in financial services. For some reason as @Domain Shane always reminds us on @DomainSherpa .. "online" sells well in domains .. even if the word is beyond redundant in a domain that could only take you somewhere online! lol

•••
•••
hdhw.net

i got this because to me it could mean hi def hardware, 4 letters, no vowels or a v and repeating H

yes its a .net but was cheap and there has been some good sales ive seen on namebio recently for these names

•••
WiredWardrobe // dot // com
Really like this one as a brand for wearables. Pretty much the future of clothing. Love the alliteration.

KindlyYours // dot // com
I like this one as it's a pretty common way to close an email. So it could be for anything email related .. or a writing service.

Ambison // dot // com
I usually don't get brandables this long .. but I really liked the ring to it. Sounded like some kind of tech company .. or even some kind of pharma product.

Holocade //com//

Nice ones guys! :)

•••
BlueCrockery.Com

The color blue stands for royalty. So Blue crockery could be some shop or brand that could be selling royal or antique crockeries meant for the rich and elite people.

•••
Arbitration // Services // .Com
Noise // Sensors // .Com
Fuel // Carts // .Com
Stacker // Cranes // .Com
CIO // Training // .Com
Custom // Boat // Cushions // .Com
EMF // Co.uk
EMF // .Uk

•••
RushmoreCapital // dot // com
Apparently capital domains sell quite well. I like tihs one as not only does it refer to a big American monument .. but it's a monument of dead presidents .. and where else can we find dead presidents? You got it .. on MONEY! ;)

HighEndProductions // dot // com
No brainer on this one. Perfect name for a production company that wants to appear "High End"

DoubleUpMedia // dot // com
Another solid media name for my portfolio! :)

Noise // Sensors // .Com

I actually quite like your chances on this one. I see it working into the growth of smart city technology. Don't let this go too cheap too quickly! ;)

EMF // Co.uk
EMF // .Uk

You're .. ... .... ..... (wait for it) ..... .... ... .. UNBELIEVABLE !!!

•••
GetOnThe // dot // NET
I ended up being on the fence about getting this one myself so put it on my main list of daily domains action that I share here at NamePros ... Most of my names are aged .. although it's not something I really check when I make my final decision. Except that Get On The //dot// Net is 23 years old. Back when it was cool to say "The Net" .. lol. Anyhow .. not sure if it was someone who reads my lists .. but this one ended having a small number of bids .. and now I'll always be curious if it's my fault I drove up the price (on myself .. lol).

NovaCondos // dot // com
Really really don't think you can go wrong with good strong Condo names. Sooooo many new condos being build here in Canada .. there's eventually going to be a Nova Condos in just about every city! :)

Arojo // dot // com
Two O's with a J in the middle can have a logo to be made to look like two eyes and a nose (then you can add a smiling mouth underneath in the logo. Yet another nice strong 5L for my portfolio! Might start selling some of these wholesale .. I'm starting to have a lot of good ones! :)

•••
Tinted // .co.uk
LosingWeight // .co.uk

•••
VoipCast // dot // com
Like this one as more and more phone systems go voip! :)

PayDayLoansAustralia // dot // com
Longer Keywords are still alive if you get really really good ones for bargain basement prices. I like my odds with PDL+Country! :)

Purposefulness // dot // com
Not all one words are great .. in fact .. most real one word domains are actually garbage ... this one isn't fantastic .. but I got this particular one cheap at closeout .. which makes all the difference as it's good enough to flip wholesale at small profit! :)

@DavidH .. how do you do with your .co.uk names? I have an aunt in the UK whose address I guess I could technically use for getting some .. but to be quite honest .. I barely have any .ca names for here in Canada .. so never really considered .uk .. lol

•••
@DavidH .. how do you do with your .co.uk names? I have an aunt in the UK whose address I guess I could technically use for getting some .. but to be quite honest .. I barely have any .ca names for here in Canada .. so never really considered .uk .. lol

Only about 15% of my domain names are .co.uk or .uk names - I tend to go for very short (eg LLL) or specific market names (eg I have CarAlarms) that I am prepared to hold for some time until the right end user buyer comes along. So I don't sell a lot of them but I get a nice profit on each one when I do!

•••
Got some nice ones:

PURE // PHONE // dot // com
BRAVE // LOG // dot // com
JOAN // RECORDS // dot // com

•••
AllVolt // dot // com
Love this with the upcoming explosive growth of electric vehicles

HideTheBody // dot // com
I see this as a site for organising bachelor parties .. or any kind of party! :)

Uludu // dot // com
Nice repeating 5L .. clean and easy to say! :)

•••
•••
•••
This weeks snags:

4GCamera.com (Can you believe that?!)

WinLTC.com

Tuul.net

I had also set an alarm a few weeks back to claim 0000.info and missed it!!!! Still mad!

•••
TutorMedia // dot // com
I like this one because ...
1- It's a media name
2- Tutoring is really big
3- Tutor is also a last name

BlubberButt // dot // com
I have actually no idea why I bought this one? lol .. Just a funny and common saying .. maybe not the best one .. but I like this type of domain usually! :)

Holocade //com//

Nice Holo name there! :)

BlueCrockery.Com

Sigh .. my mom has at least a million blue and white plates and other related things. I seriously I hope I die before her cause I definitely don't want to deal with them all! lol

This weeks snags:
4GCamera.com (Can you believe that?!)

I know I've seen this one before .. seems it was discussed somewhere (DomainSherpa? Here at NP?) .. where did you get it?

Last edited:
•••
I know I've seen this one before .. seems it was discussed somewhere (DomainSherpa? Here at NP?) .. where did you get it?
Got if from Godaddy closeouts one late night when I was looking for exact match products. Not so sure, thats be great if people were talking about my domain :) I’m just using it as an affiliate site while I do some outbound marketing with it, lots of end users with it.

•••
Nice Holo name there! :)

Thank You ! I'm pretty happy about it , I feel I got very lucky .

It's will be between mine and (holo//ARcade) which one comes out dominate . Imo mine is shorter , more Brandable , and Futureistcly fashionable ! Arcades are cool I grew up on them ...but when the holo comes out the "ar" part of Cade will be more of an 80s retro sounding term .

Holo//Cade. However short simple and to the. Point 100% what it means :) which one sounds better spoken , and rolls of your tounge more easily ?😉

Thanks

Last edited:
•••
Another round:

ARROW // PACK // dot // com
CYBER // TACOS // dot // com
SAS // HAH // dot // com

•••
Few more:

7HE // ARTS // dot // com
CITY // DRINKS // dot // com
PATH // LOG // dot // com
WHEEL // SCAPE // dot // com

•••
•••
HowtoLookCool // dot // com
Because there's tons of money in fashion and makeup!

Webilon // dot // com
Hybrid of Web and Babylon? I don't buy too many made up words like this .. but I liked this one for some reason!

DogBiteExpert // dot // com
Big stats on this one .. plus in the USA people love to sue each other .. quite a few websites for people claiming to be experts trying to make money as expert consultants/witnesses.

It's will be between mine and (holo//ARcade) which one comes out dominate . Imo mine is shorter , more Brandable , and Futureistcly fashionable ! Arcades are cool I grew up on them ...but when the holo comes out the "ar" part of Cade will be more of an 80s retro sounding term .
Holo//Cade. However short simple and to the. Point 100% what it means :) which one sounds better spoken , and rolls of your tounge more easily ?😉

Honestly .. I like them both .. and whenever Holo technology does take off .. there will be more than enough room for both names to make big $$$ :)

CYBER // TACOS // dot // com

Yummy .. love this for online food block or anything online food related! :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back