Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Michael Ehrhardt

Top Member
Impact
From my Expirience

I started the Campaign - Wir für Deutschland in 2010 ( we for Germany ) 🇩🇪
It is a nice Slogan for Politic and Sport

So I registered all 4 versions from Wir für Deutschland.com ( and .de ) net and org

And let me tell you

Bing Google Yahoo ranked all my LandingPages on first page

So domains with hyphens ( - ) rank very well

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
My first sale was Deutsche-Autos.com

🤣

•••
My first sale was Deutsche-Autos.com

🤣
Yes because your country 'Deutsche' has a different view that does not transcend as much to other cultures. I'll end it here because it is wasted effort to discuss from now on

•••
Yes because your country 'Deutsche' has a different view that does not transcend as much to other cultures. I'll end it here because it is wasted effort to discuss from now on
There is money
Go for it

•••
Listening radio today (on the commercial block) I heard at least two websites with hyphens in Czech. All .cz of course.

•••
Listening radio today (on the commercial block) I heard at least two websites with hyphens in Czech. All .cz of course.
Keep listening 😉

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
344469B4-EFE8-453E-8035-2DCE7559DAAC.jpeg

2 words

•••
•••
as far as I know(from SEO POV) if we buy domain with hypen, actually its like we own 2 keywords in 1 domain, but without hypen, we only own the long tail! for example our domain, Buy-House dot com, by owning this kind of domain, we can easily optimize our website for House Niches, e.g house, cheap house rent house, buy house and etc good news is we can also optimize for BUY related keywords, e.g buy house, buy car, buy gold, buy forex and etc

But if our domain Buyhousedotcom, we can't optimize for plural keywords, such as House, rent house,Cheap house,, buy car, buy gold and etc.( you'll know , no matter what! your adwords score will not reach 10)

does it make different with hypen domain and non hypen domain ? well :xf.grin: if you spam the hell out hypen domain,with Spam tools, it can works very well! :xf.laugh: I think the different only for SEO matter, or backlink! i.e Optimization. but not that much for Branding stuff or whatsoever! if you don't believe me you can test, 2 domain, buy-housedotcom with buyhousedot.com, and see which domain that will get decent rangking after link building!(spam jobs) using same tools, and same method! :xf.grin:

what if we buy with 3 hypen, house-car-insurance.com,? well that's nice Idea:xf.grin: in fact smart idea. but G bot will take Notice, if your backlink to fast , this kind of domain will easily dissapear!:xf.grin:(maybe not good idea) but personally I don't like domain with Hypen because it looks cheaps:xf.grin:(buy 1 get 2) lol.

•••
as far as I know(from SEO POV) if we buy domain with hypen, actually its like we own 2 keywords in 1 domain, but without hypen, we only own the long tail! for example our domain, Buy-House dot com, by owning this kind of domain, we can easily optimize our website for House Niches, e.g house, cheap house rent house, buy house and etc good news is we can also optimize for BUY related keywords, e.g buy house, buy car, buy gold, buy forex and etc

But if our domain Buyhousedotcom, we can't optimize for plural keywords, such as House, rent house,Cheap house,, buy car, buy gold and etc.( you'll know , no matter what! your adwords score will not reach 10)

does it make different with hypen domain and non hypen domain ? well :xf.grin: if you spam the hell out hypen domain,with Spam tools, it can works very well! :xf.laugh: I think the different only for SEO matter, or backlink! i.e Optimization. but not that much for Branding stuff or whatsoever! if you don't believe me you can test, 2 domain, buy-housedotcom with buyhousedot.com, and see which domain that will get decent rangking after link building!(spam jobs) using same tools, and same method! :xf.grin:

what if we buy with 3 hypen, house-car-insurance.com,? well that's nice Idea:xf.grin: in fact smart idea. but G bot will take Notice, if your backlink to fast , this kind of domain will easily dissapear!:xf.grin:(maybe not good idea) but personally I don't like domain with Hypen because it looks cheaps:xf.grin:(buy 1 get 2) lol.
And they rank very well 😉

•••
yes, the benefit withhypen domain , actually you can rank very well, because its domain can absorb a lot of backlink, since the domain name itself from high tier or main keywords.:xf.grin:

•••
This one caught my attention the other day: https://namebio.com/park-sleep-fly.de

Not a big fan of dashes myself but if it sells I'm not complaining. I visit Germany a lot as I love the country and from my experience they sometimes seem to prefer dashes.

•••
I honestly don't think hyphens have any effect on the Google algorithm for ranking sites.

•••
•••
I honestly don't think hyphens have any effect on the Google algorithm for ranking sites.
In positive and in negative meaning

Domains with hyphens rank very well

People don’t like hyphens but they sell

•••
I guess the issue from an investor vantage point is as follows - the market value of a hyphenated domain is considerably lower (non-German markets) than that of its hyphenated equivalent. It is likely as well that the sales turnover for premium-priced hyphenated domains is lower than that of non-hyphenated domains. However, it is also likely that the acquisition cost of hyphenated domains is much lower as many domainers avoid them. So if you can acquire a solid keyword combination for a backorder cost or reg fee, what are the odds of a favorable ROI? Personally I still don't think that hyphenated domains are worthwhile as even unhyphenated .Com domains are challenging to sell at premium prices.

•••
I guess the issue from an investor vantage point is as follows - the market value of a hyphenated domain is considerably lower (non-German markets) than that of its hyphenated equivalent. It is likely as well that the sales turnover for premium-priced hyphenated domains is lower than that of non-hyphenated domains. However, it is also likely that the acquisition cost of hyphenated domains is much lower as many domainers avoid them. So if you can acquire a solid keyword combination for a backorder cost or reg fee, what are the odds of a favorable ROI? Personally I still don't think that hyphenated domains are worthwhile as even unhyphenated .Com domains are challenging to sell at premium prices.
E-x-a-c-t-l-y

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back