IT.COM

advice Domains stolen through phishing attack today

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Amit V

Established Member
Impact
The following domains + 1 NFT have been stolen from my account today through a phishing attack . I had posted a request for assistance on https://discuss.ens.domains. I received instructions from Sandeep_dev ( https://discuss.ens.domains/t/uncla...my-wallet-owns-0-names-to-claim-deposit/657/7 ) to go to the site http://wwwsupportsopensea.io .

I was requested to give in my seed phase and which I did and nothing worked. I then realized that this may be a trap and checked my wallet. The 5 domains and 1 NFT were gone.
My address is 0x691118Bc6EBda4C746932e2a94D018382318136a
the wallet that stole the domains is
0x5B27D531772353E161Ede3a266c0CdC8E8ee4383
. The stolen domains are :
GreenHydrogen.eth
DigitalTwin.eth
DigitalTwins.eth
renewables.eth
QuantumAI.eth
My address is still listed as the controller but not the owner
Any advive will be welcom which helps me recover recover the domains. Thx in advance

Have written to the fraudster on ethscan.io ( under comments) and contacted ens.domains on discord and twitter. No reply.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@Amit V really sorry to hear that mate.

Report the theft to the Police. Then it’s a waiting game.

If the domains are sold on and they get used for a legitimate purpose then there’s a good chance you will recover them.

If the thief doesn’t sell them then the chances are they are lost until they need renewing. I suspect they won’t pay the renewal costs. How long did you register the domains for?

I would speak to @Brantlymillegan on Twitter and see if there’s anything they can do to flag the domains. He’s really helpful and this is an interesting point to bring up.

Last edited:
•••
The thief still thought worth stealing.

•••
•••
I feel for it because the guy Sandeep_dev was very active there helping people there with advice since I joined their forum ( discuss.ens.domains ) . I got emails from him . His email ad was nick
@ens.domains
. How does one get this email address if you dont work there?
I could send an email to say i am president to look like any address.
I however have ethics.

Last edited:
•••
@jhm @Tomasso90 Thank you. He's selling them pretty cheap. Around 4Eth in total. Have handed everything over to the police. I was told it will go to cybercrime and I will be contacted. I have to keep them informed if something comes up. I am just writing everyday to ens.domains (no answer), opensea (no answer) rarible today. I am just documenting everything.
Have written everywhere on etherscan on his address that the domains and Nfts have been stolen. Have also informed etherscan that its an address associated with theft. Lets see.

•••
yea..u sound like someone with no sense humor..it best u pee off indeed
You get in more verbal altercations than a politician.........

•••
Sorry for your loss, mate! I think the situation is pretty bad with all the scams around. I myself lost 500 USDT to one such scam. Pretty bad out there.

•••
Sorry to hear this man. I actually had someone email my company with a phishing attempt they even posed as an intuit employee with a cloaked email. I guess that stuff must work often than I realize.

•••
Oh man , I contacted ens.domains on twitter and somebody contacted me saying they were from them. They could reverse the process . The fees would be €300. I send € 320 to cover the gas fees.Then he wanted €800.
So, I fell for two different frauds on the same day. R

At a certain point you need to calm down and just give up.

Thieves are absolutely everywhere and I really hate how this "new technology" maximizes the ease at which black-hearted criminals can steal and get away with it.

•••
At a certain point you need to calm down and just give up.

Thieves are absolutely everywhere and I really hate how this "new technology" maximizes the ease at which black-hearted criminals can steal and get away with it.
Yep, "decentralization" is not all positives.

This is not like someone stealing your credit card and you getting reimbursed.

I think for the average person the complexity and risk factors far outweigh the benefits.

Brad

•••
Look up tracking crypto using 1c deposits as cryptocurrencies are traceable to a point as use blockchain. Every single transaction is recorded and kept on a ledger which is accessible. It may get you thinking right path if find them for sale.

Last edited:
•••
GreenHydrogen
DigitalTwin
DigitalTwins
renewables
QuantumAI
Green Hydrogen
Digital Twin
Digital Twins
Quantum AI
May as well come up in a search here first.

•••
Keep the conversation going and ideas flowing keep post relevant make it all too hard.

•••
Aww man that is a lot of money to even to chase the extension i am going to tell you to cut loses don't give up money to chase this now. Each day write some content about domain here and make it difficult to sell as this thread will come up if keep making content just slow down spread it out an update every other day on progress or lack of etc.

•••
Oh man , I contacted ens.domains on twitter and somebody contacted me saying they were from them. They could reverse the process . The fees would be €300. I send € 320 to cover the gas fees.Then he wanted €800.
So, I fell for two different frauds on the same day. Rrobably I fell for the secound because I was in shock.The damm domains were being transferred before my eyes.
Before it became a comedy show I went to the police.
I had written to ens.domains on twitter but they like opensea have just ignored my messages.

Stolen domains and nfts now being sold under a different name.
https://opensea.io/francis4997

ENS are powerless to do anything because the technology does not permit them to intervene in such matters. Maybe the offending address could be added to a list of bad actors. Maybe one day they will make a mistake and they get their comeuppance, Karma always goes full circle.

The ethical thing would be for Opensea to remove them from sale, but I suspect they won’t.

However from a selfish point of view if they do sell this may work in your favour if you are able to open a dialogue with the buyer. Maybe you could work something out with them. Unfortunately for them they would of received stolen property and would lose their investment as well which would be a bit crap.

•••
Lock, thanks. The money hurts but ok. Forgotten. NFT's forgotten. Lost domains - heart attack
I have lost loads of domains i mean loads with icann closing registrars so feel for you mate.

•••
The guys at the police station were grinning all the time. They thought it was the money. I said forget the money its my domains I want back. Thats something nobody except a domainer understands.

•••
Read instructions on how to use google i have had search engines and know how to look up stuff
eg "" + - use words like or allintitle: allinurl: if you learn what all this means you can find out dogs name.
I have my own lil engine on my site. searchrz

Last edited:
•••
How about someone try to buy it back? Would that give away a bit more info from this cockroach

That's a decent idea

@Amit V If you claimed to be a serious buyer looking to spend $$$$, mentioning a made up business of yours and how much of a perfect fit it is, spin a bit of a story. Get him to contact you through Telegram / WhatsApp (ideally WhatsApp) to negotiate. Find out a bit about him, what other things he has. Build trust, play the long game ...maybe he bites

Last edited:
•••
Just make sure you alternate the domain names in this topic so google won't catch it and he won't get suspicious!

•••
Well, he will lean .Never fu** with a domainer. I am keeping track of his addresses and he will make a mistake. Luckily Europol and our police are taking this very seriously. Today I sent the police complaint to opensea.io . Lets see what they do.

p.s. do u make like Guinness book cause yer first guy in history to have crypto domains theft or there were others? and where these fackers supposed to be bullet and theft proof anyway?

•••
Aww man that is a lot of money to even to chase the extension i am going to tell you to cut loses don't give up money to chase this now. Each day write some content about domain here and make it difficult to sell as this thread will come up if keep making content just slow down spread it out an update every other day on progress or lack of etc.
Lock, thanks. The money hurts but ok. Forgotten. NFT's forgotten. Lost domains - heart attack

•••
I am still out to make it hard to sell a stolen name so will return for a bump and try add something to conversation.

•••
Well, he will lean .Never fu** with a domainer. I am keeping track of his addresses and he will make a mistake. Luckily Europol and our police are taking this very seriously. Today I sent the police complaint to opensea.io . Lets see what they do.

•••
The guys at the police station were grinning all the time. They thought it was the money. I said forget the money its my domains I want back. Thats something nobody except a domainer understands.

Please take 24 hours to review and ask around for advice before making any further transactions in my opinion. Anything.
You are too trusting and believing. Make this 24 hour rule before processing any interaction that involves money or an asset.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back