Dynadot

advice Domains stolen through phishing attack today

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Amit V

Established Member
Impact
The following domains + 1 NFT have been stolen from my account today through a phishing attack . I had posted a request for assistance on https://discuss.ens.domains. I received instructions from Sandeep_dev ( https://discuss.ens.domains/t/uncla...my-wallet-owns-0-names-to-claim-deposit/657/7 ) to go to the site http://wwwsupportsopensea.io .

I was requested to give in my seed phase and which I did and nothing worked. I then realized that this may be a trap and checked my wallet. The 5 domains and 1 NFT were gone.
My address is 0x691118Bc6EBda4C746932e2a94D018382318136a
the wallet that stole the domains is
0x5B27D531772353E161Ede3a266c0CdC8E8ee4383
. The stolen domains are :
GreenHydrogen.eth
DigitalTwin.eth
DigitalTwins.eth
renewables.eth
QuantumAI.eth
My address is still listed as the controller but not the owner
Any advive will be welcom which helps me recover recover the domains. Thx in advance

Have written to the fraudster on ethscan.io ( under comments) and contacted ens.domains on discord and twitter. No reply.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Really sorry to hear this @Amit V

Never, ever, ever ...ever tell anyone your seed phrase. Not even legitimate support would ask for this. Crypto stuff, consider it a loss. Tough situation

Last edited:
•••
@jhm thanks. Fell for it as it was from their official website. Even his email was official ( [email protected] ). managed to save two domains but the rest were vanishing before my eyes. Man. I dont wish this to anyone.

Last edited:
•••
Sneaky creatures, again so sorry

Try negotiating, if this scammer responds. However, that's just me being positive ...I'd be surprised if he did

Last edited:
•••
Nope. have written to ens support . They cant help. Have written on his comments on ethscan. My steps will be to file a police record and sue ens.domains because this guy has been active there since weeks and they are sleeping. The police report should get some things moving as they have his address. Also have informed Rarible and Opensea that the domains are stolen. If they list them , will sue them too.

•••
I'm on reddits r/cryptocurrency and sadly this is common. So many "dev" help people asking for seed phrases and once the hacker gets them , you're fncked.

•••
•••
•••
Look up tracking crypto using 1c deposits as cryptocurrencies are traceable to a point as use blockchain. Every single transaction is recorded and kept on a ledger which is accessible. It may get you thinking right path if find them for sale.

Last edited:
•••
•••
GreenHydrogen
DigitalTwin
DigitalTwins
renewables
QuantumAI
Green Hydrogen
Digital Twin
Digital Twins
Quantum AI
May as well come up in a search here first.

•••
Sorry for your loss @Amit V . Had a crypto scam happen to me and the mouldy feeling isn't pretty. I really think OpenSea should take down the listings. Feels like for every great person on the internet there is also a prick. Let's hope you get some of your property back, best of luck with that!

•••
Keep the conversation going and ideas flowing keep post relevant make it all too hard.

•••
Thank you everyboday for your support. I have filed a formal complaint at the cybercrime department here and Europol has too been informed. So lets see. Have written to a lawyer today regarding Opensea.io and ens.domains as they are just ignoring my messages.
This is a great community!

Last edited:
•••
@Amit V really sorry to hear that mate.

Report the theft to the Police. Then it’s a waiting game.

If the domains are sold on and they get used for a legitimate purpose then there’s a good chance you will recover them.

If the thief doesn’t sell them then the chances are they are lost until they need renewing. I suspect they won’t pay the renewal costs. How long did you register the domains for?

I would speak to @Brantlymillegan on Twitter and see if there’s anything they can do to flag the domains. He’s really helpful and this is an interesting point to bring up.

Last edited:
•••
@Amit V really sorry to hear that mate.

Report the theft to the Police. Then it’s a waiting game.

If the domains are sold on and they get used for a legitimate purpose then there’s a good chance you will recover them.

If the thief doesn’t sell them then the chances are they are lost until they need renewing. I suspect they won’t pay the renewal costs

I would speak to @Brantlymillegan on Twitter and see if there’s anything they can do to flag the domains. He’s really helpful and this is an interesting point to bring up.
Oh man , I contacted ens.domains on twitter and somebody contacted me saying they were from them. They could reverse the process . The fees would be €300. I send € 320 to cover the gas fees.Then he wanted €800.
So, I fell for two different frauds on the same day. Rrobably I fell for the secound because I was in shock.The damm domains were being transferred before my eyes.
Before it became a comedy show I went to the police.
I had written to ens.domains on twitter but they like opensea have just ignored my messages.

Stolen domains and nfts now being sold under a different name.
https://opensea.io/francis4997

Last edited:
•••
Aww man that is a lot of money to even to chase the extension i am going to tell you to cut loses don't give up money to chase this now. Each day write some content about domain here and make it difficult to sell as this thread will come up if keep making content just slow down spread it out an update every other day on progress or lack of etc.

•••
Aww man that is a lot of money to even to chase the extension i am going to tell you to cut loses don't give up money to chase this now. Each day write some content about domain here and make it difficult to sell as this thread will come up if keep making content just slow down spread it out an update every other day on progress or lack of etc.
Lock, thanks. The money hurts but ok. Forgotten. NFT's forgotten. Lost domains - heart attack

•••
Oh man , I contacted ens.domains on twitter and somebody contacted me saying they were from them. They could reverse the process . The fees would be €300. I send € 320 to cover the gas fees.Then he wanted €800.
So, I fell for two different frauds on the same day. Rrobably I fell for the secound because I was in shock.The damm domains were being transferred before my eyes.
Before it became a comedy show I went to the police.
I had written to ens.domains on twitter but they like opensea have just ignored my messages.

Stolen domains and nfts now being sold under a different name.
https://opensea.io/francis4997

ENS are powerless to do anything because the technology does not permit them to intervene in such matters. Maybe the offending address could be added to a list of bad actors. Maybe one day they will make a mistake and they get their comeuppance, Karma always goes full circle.

The ethical thing would be for Opensea to remove them from sale, but I suspect they won’t.

However from a selfish point of view if they do sell this may work in your favour if you are able to open a dialogue with the buyer. Maybe you could work something out with them. Unfortunately for them they would of received stolen property and would lose their investment as well which would be a bit crap.

•••
Lock, thanks. The money hurts but ok. Forgotten. NFT's forgotten. Lost domains - heart attack
I have lost loads of domains i mean loads with icann closing registrars so feel for you mate.

•••
The guys at the police station were grinning all the time. They thought it was the money. I said forget the money its my domains I want back. Thats something nobody except a domainer understands.

•••
How much digital.eth, quantum.eth are worth. nothing. so don't worry, you got rid of some junk.

•••
How much digital.eth, quantum.eth are worth. nothing. so don't worry, you got rid of some junk.
They are worth millions in my heart my friend. Thats the problem with domains . For somebody nothing but for the owner everything.

•••
I completely agree but same time still taken I don''t suggest brands only generic with odd extensions.
I was in shock to hear of the second fail.

•••
The thief still thought worth stealing.

•••
Back