IT.COM

discuss Domains NOT taken in any extensions?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Just wanted to discuss or get some advice about registering a domain name that is NOT taken in any other extension?

I think the general consesnus is not to do this, but isn't sometimes being the first one to register the .com beneficial?

For example, when some regged: BitcoinWallet dot com I assume it wasn't taken in other extenaions.

Typically, anytime a domain name is available in .com I presume it is not taken in other extensiona yet.

Your thoughts?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That is an excellent presumption, yes.

Outliers in anything of course, perhaps a name on a ccTLD where the com mightn't be necessary. Another example could be a restriction, such as emoji domains or certain names such as "example", but allowed under other extensions.

•••
get some advice about registering a domain name that is NOT taken in any other extension?

I think the general consesnus is not to do this, but isn't sometimes being the first one to register the .com beneficial?

if...
you follow the "consesnus" or even the consensus, either way, you're following what that crowd thinks.

when i decide to reg a domain,
i don't give a :poop: if same name in any other extension is registered.

just regged one yesterday, and only cared that the .com was available.

imo...

•••
Thank you HotKey and Biggie,

I agree with your comments, Biggie that I don't care whether the name is taken in any other extension if the .com is available.

I may, on occasion, opt for a .org or .net when a good keyword domain is regged in .com, .net or .org (one being available) and possibly .io, .co.

But if I evaluate the term and think it has merit I WILL register the .com even if it's not regged in other extensions.

I appreciate the replies 😁

•••
I hand register everything if it isn't taken and i want it i will have it. I bailed out of things in past thinking along these lines only to have my drops snapped up. Being first is just that being first even if it is 2021.

Last edited:
•••
I did register many such domains available only with .com, we are pioneers in our own direction.

•••
When a new term gets made up and it trends everyone rushes to register it.

The lucky one will be the person that registers the .com first.

There are a number of new words and terms coming into our vocabulary every year, stay on top of those trends and you could do phenomenally well with domains that have no registration in any extension.

•••
Majority of my sales are such . Never existed till I registered. And only .com.

I should add. Of course I have tons I drop in midst of this strategy. Often the value doesn't come to premonition till months later when evaluation before drop or renew.

Last edited:
•••
The general consensus is that all good dot com domains are taken. But, there will be always some exceptions. https://www.DomainState/dns-changes.html lists domains registered everyday. And, dot com tops it all everyday. The data shows that people still find their dot com. (Quality being irrelevant).

•••
I have several domains - unique
They only have a .com extension or I own other extensions as well.
What's going on with them? Should time pass, to be seen in searches?
Could they have their real value?
For end users, for those who think they have their value in the future?
I can list names if anyone is interested!
Hello

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back