IT.COM

question-answered Domains listed for sale on DAN not showing up in search

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
So how exactly does DAN works?

I have a few domains listed for sale on DAN. I opened https://dan.com/search to see if my domains are coming up in search. Yes they are but they are being shown as "available for rent" rather than BIN even though I have setup BIN.

I went into my DAN control panel to remove rent option and now when I go back to search, my domain is not coming up. It just shows no result. Now even if I change it back to "available for rent" then it still doesn't show up.

I tried with 3 domains and they all have this issue. In short:

1. Search for domain and it shows up as available for rent
2. Disable for rent setting in control panel
3. Go back to search and now name doesn't show up
4. Change back to available for rent and name still doesn't show up

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you change any settings of a domain, it disappears from search and portfolio pages. Usually it shows up again after a few minutes.

•••
2.0 is a still beta version, there are many tiny bugs i hope they are aware of it and are working to solve them.

•••
I checked back after some time and now all domains are showing up in search.

•••
2.0 is a still beta version, there are many tiny bugs i hope they are aware of it and are working to solve them.

I agree that there are many tiny bugs. But domains disappearing for a few minutes after setting changes has been the case with the old DAN too, not sure if they will improve it.

•••
Note, most Dan sold domains are sold via landers. Search might overall have little impact.

•••
Back