Dynadot

Domaining is a trade or service activity

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Milaim

Established Member
Impact
Hi guys,

I just want to know it, if I want to open a company for llegalizing my "business" with domain names how should I need to register that company, as service or trade company???

TIA

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I hope you understand that there are more than one country in the world. Different countries, different rules, and you didn't even mention where you live.

•••
•••
service, kind of retail. Shopping.

•••
I think is trade, a domainer buy and sell domains which is what should be a trade company...

•••
Should be "ecommerce activities" or a similar class. I guess every country should have something similar...

•••
Even Europe has more than one country. I'm from Poland and never heard about a need to decide whether a company is a "trade" or "service".

•••
Yes of course you don't register that companie as service or trade, but my point is when you declare revenue from domaining from which activity you declare as service or trade. asking because here there are two type of taxing the income as trade 3% and service 9%

•••
Yes of course you don't register that companie as service or trade, but my point is when you declare revenue from domaining from which activity you declare as service or trade. asking because here there are two type of taxing the income as trade 3% and service 9%

This is a tricky one ... domains can be both I think. You can classify domains as goods since you buy them low and sell them high and this goes as "trade". You can also classify them as "service" since they aren't tangible goods and most of the time they are used in conjunction with website design/development which is also a service.

Last edited:
•••
I feel pure Domaining is a Trade where you buy and sell a name which can be termed as Goods or Digital Products. The tax levied when buying a Domain is Sales Tax. So definitely it should come under Trading category.

•••
Domaining is like real estates.. so if you are selling domains then it is trade and If you leasing domains then it is service.

•••
I am not sure where you live, or what specific classification you are referring to.

When it comes to NAICS classification, that you might use for instance when opening a bank account I use the following -

https://classcodes.com/lookup/naics-code-454111/

Brad

Last edited:
•••
It is true that different regions have different rules or understandings.
I am from China
We need to get the right qualifications to do business here:xf.smile:

hope it helps,best wishes

•••
Hi guys,

I just want to know it, if I want to open a company for llegalizing my "business" with domain names how should I need to register that company, as service or trade company???

TIA

Try Delaware company if your ARR is above few millions.

•••
It is a sales role and doesn't quite fit your categorisation.

•••
Back