IT.COM

Domaining.com no longer free

NameSilo
Watch
Got my usual daily email, clicked a link and got the domaining sign-in page rather than the story I expected. No problem, I logged in only to find the following:

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

Unfortunately the Domaining.com membership is no longer free. We started to charge a low annual fee to help us pay our bills: hosting, data transfer, ... For this reason free accounts have been closed. If you are serious about domaining then we invite you to SIGN UP AGAIN HERE.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I just found that I can't view headlines without paying for an account.

I was under the impression that you could still browse the headlines for free...

•••
Jake said:

I was under the impression that you could still browse the headlines for free...

FWIW, I have set up a free feed site. See my signature. :red:

•••
"Membership is only $15 per year"
Wasn't it $25 last week.
If I join, will I get a bill or a refund next week when it changes.

Whatever, I joined....or am trying but am not receiving verification email.

•••
Does anyone know for sure how Domaining.com works now?? I also thought it was free to read the post feeds without registering, but that does not appear to be the case. I was hoping it was a cookie problem or something similar, but it will not let me read the posts. Will monitor here for updates as I cannot seem to get a straight forward answer that matches the functionality...
Thanks
Joey

•••

When I was away from my regular IP (on vacation), I was able to read the posts, but when I got home, it was blocked for me.

•••
It changed sometime today... last night I was not logged on on my laptop and was able to view headlines, etc. Today I couldn't when logged off.

•••
Fka200 said:
It changed sometime today... last night I was not logged on on my laptop and was able to view headlines, etc. Today I couldn't when logged off.

I think so too.

I was able to view the headlines just fine this morning, but now I am unable to.

•••
What's all these fuss about?
Pay up what ever it may be(35, 25, 15?) or move on.
You like their site even with fee, pay.
You don't think it's worth $, don't pay, but, why all these complain?
There are other places who aggregate RSS, use Google, or download
free program called "Blog Talk Monitor".

•••
Jake said:

Yea, you need to have an account to view the news feed.

•••
copper said:

If you had took the time to read the whole thread you would know that the "fuss" is not just about money !

•••
copper said:

The "fuss" has nothing to do with the price (or very little)

But the pricing is changing often, and so are many of the sites features. Myself as well as others are confused about all of it, and are expressing that in this thread.

•••
gazzip and Jake, got the point ;)

•••
There are more everyday, on-the-fly, rules and gameplan changes with that site lately, that I wouldn't doubt it if in another few weeks it's $10, then $5, then free again!! The way it should be for just connecting to rss feeds!!! (Site features are another subject!)

The only thing we can be sure of at Domaining.com is, like Texas weather.., "if you don't like it, wait an hour.., it'll change!!"

•••
hawkeye said:
The only thing we can be sure of at Domaining.com is, like Texas weather.., "if you don't like it, wait an hour.., it'll change!!"
Sure seems like that lately.

Free one day to read, then it's not... $35 fee for the year one day, $25 another, $15 another OMG!

Really, I feel bad for the people that paid currently! The ones that paid $35 and now have some kind of credit.

I emailed Francois today to get a clear answer and I didn't get one, so I emailed back and am waiting for that.

•••
Yofie said:
Sure seems like that lately.

Free one day to read, then it's not... $35 fee for the year one day, $25 another, $15 another OMG!

Really, I feel bad for the people that paid currently! The ones that paid $35 and now have some kind of credit.

I emailed Francois today to get a clear answer and I didn't get one, so I emailed back and am waiting for that.
No worries Yofie.
I download/installed free program on my desktop and checking your blog
along with other notable blogs every 3 hours :D

•••
hawkeye said:

So true.

And on the topic of Texas weather... It's terrible. lol

Yesterday - 65
Today - 45
Tomorrow - 25
Saturday - 55 ...? :lol:

</off topic>

•••
Jake said:
So true.

And on the topic of Texas weather... It's terrible. lol

Yesterday - 65
Today - 45
Tomorrow - 25
Saturday - 55 ...? :lol:

</off topic>

Snort.

IMHO, you're in paradise.

:|

•••
Ms Domainer said:

Snort.

IMHO, you're in paradise.

:|

well, it's 80 degrees here today :wave:-, so perhaps this is .... heaven?? :hehe:

•••
Yofie said:

I've emailed him before as well. Never got a reply, well I ignored sending it again. People are really busy, they haven't time to respond to a genuine email :(

•••
hawkeye said:
...The only thing we can be sure of at Domaining.com is, like Texas weather.., "if you don't like it, wait an hour.., it'll change!!"
See what happens when you wait an hour or so, you now can view blogs again from Domaining.com without a membership fee!!!

Wonder what tomorrow will bring there.., free coffee and donuts to read with?? Of course that will beg the question of - 'how long will they be free?'

**edit**
Epppp!!, posted too soon. Must have saw my post and tracked my IP. Now I can't view 'em.

Off to get my own coffee and donuts! 'Back in an hour!!'

Last edited:
•••
hawkeye said:
See what happens when you wait an hour or so, you now can view blogs again from Domaining.com without a membership fee!!!

Wonder what tomorrow will bring there.., free coffee and donuts to read with?? Of course that will beg the question of - 'how long will they be free?'

**edit**
Epppp!!, posted too soon. Must have saw my post and tracked my IP. Now I can't view 'em.

Off to get my own coffee and donuts! 'Back in an hour!!'

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not so sure :guilty:

•••
Anyone even able to view Domaining.com at all now? All I get now when I visit is;

Latest Domaining News

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e14'

Line 1: Incorrect syntax near '='.

/Default.asp, line 206

•••
joeyhavlock said:
Anyone even able to view Domaining.com at all now? All I get now when I visit is;

Latest Domaining News

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e14'

Line 1: Incorrect syntax near '='.

/Default.asp, line 206

It's been down for a while :(.

•••
•••
You just have to log in....

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back