Dynadot

debate Domainers Stealing Domains from Domainers

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Is it Ok to Legally Steal Domains Through Auction?

• 1st

Yes, 100% Okay

votes
    59.2%
  • 2nd

No, 100% Wrong

votes
    19.7%
  • 3rd

Yes, And I Don't Give a Fvck

votes
    16.9%
  • 4th

No, But I'll Do it Anyways

votes
    4.2%

• 71 votes
  • Ended 4 years ago
  • Final results

dande

Premium DomainsTop Member
Impact
Hey Folks,

This issue has been bothering me for a while now and I just needed to get it out for us to have a debate on it.

Why are Domainers so willing to steal domains from other Domainers?

I don't mean outright conventional stealing, I mean stealing through the auctions. We all have lost good domains to this scenario, and it keeps happening every day at Sedo, Namejet, and here at Namepros.

When someone set their auctions at $1 starting bid, they so to encourage bids, not to sell at $1. If we placed a $1 bid and the auction ended with no further bids, I think we are under moral obligation to confirm with the seller whether they are truly willing to sell at that price.

I mean, why would someone pay €59 to auction a name at Sedo and another Domainers takes the domain at $20 because the auction was set at a $20 starting bid? To me, it is morally unacceptable and should be discouraged. And I see this happening every day.

While we do not have control nor a say about what happens at Sedo and other private platforms, I think we should do something about Namepros. Won't it be nice if we confirm from a seller whether they are willing to sell at bottom price. Isn't it wicked and inconsiderate to aggressively enforce what seems to be your right in this case?

Anytime you sneak a domain at a low starting bid, lower below capital, you help push another Domainers out of business.

Note: I am not judging anyone nor accusing anyone of anything wrong. Just stating what I assume should be a standard in this industry.

So, let's have your own line of debate about what you believe and why. I also added a poll to help better understand what's the majority believes should be the case.

Happy Weekend!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I will buy that self-washing-socks.com domain for a dollar

•••
•••
Sorry you're going to have to pay reg price on that. Its available. 😉

heh heh heh....LOL I checked right after I posted that. Seems like we have a good business opportunity here with these socks. Who is in on the self-washing-socks business??

If it doesn't work out I can dump some "mineralfuels.com" on it because I just bought that for $1!

•••
You have stolen my vote with a trick question.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back