IT.COM

discuss [Resolved] Domainer Loses $26k On A Stolen Domain!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
Darn! Another scam and this time it is an experienced domainer James Booth.

James must have thought he was making a sound acquisition as he transferred approximately 26k to escrow for CQD.com. Instead, after completing the escrow, the domain was taken from his account by the registrar without notification and returned to the "true" owner.

Turns out the person that sold him the domain CQD.com, may not have been the true owner.

Apparently this incident involves several parties including the registrar and the escrow.

Thanks to Theo over at DomainGang for the tip on this.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
After reading the two fake emails it's quite obvious English is not the thief's native tongue. @spoiltrider

•••
Mr. Han bought your domain from the hacker for 19K but cancelled the sale a few days later when he realized something wasn't right. Luckily the 19K had not been released yet by Escrow.com so he was able to get that money back. I think that is the invoice that you have posted here, that you mistakenly think was from James Booth. Your domain was sold twice, once to Mr. Han for 19K and once to James Booth for 25K. How do you not yet know this? Where does this case stand from your perspective? What steps have you taken to get your domain back? @spoiltrider
i don't know it because my domain was paid in full for 2018/2019 and i am new to all this BS domain theft. i thought network solutions would have protected me better. i had purchased registration privacy. i also purchased site lock. a lot of good that did me.i am busy doing 4 other businesses. i know my domain is valuable, hence the sale price of 150k (and don't call me crazy, i can ask anything i want) at afternic for ±2 years. how could i not know? i did not see it until Nov 26th when i was managing the account. i had been moving a 10 year 10 horse farm from may to aug 2017 to raw land, and building fences and barns. IRMA blew through FL in Sept (hurricane) and i changed internet providers which was another fiasco. i have not had a break from all the shit i have had to deal with. how could i have not known? how can i not be a frickin' alcoholic from all this crap is the real question. trust me. my recycle bin is full of heineken bottles. i should buy stock in that company.

and the steps i've taken are HUGE!

Last edited:
•••
I have read this whole thread 3 times, so I know all that. Stay focused and answer my questions please.
1.) Do you realize your stolen domain name was sold twice?
2.) What steps have you taken to get your name back so far?
@spoiltrider

Last edited:
•••
•••
I have read this whole thread 3 times, so I know all that. Stay focused and answer my questions please.
@spoiltrider

yes. thank you for pointing this out.

reports and files and case numbers and phone calls and meetings. and yes emails. i am on a mission. i will beat this to a pulp.

•••
Again, I realize how traumatic this theft is and all of the follow-up too, but nothing you have written tonight matters at this point. Stop talking about the hurricane, the horses, the home-building etc. and please just focus on what matters. You were hacked, your identity was stolen, your accounts were compromised, your valuable asset was taken. The good news is, you know where it is, and it's not going anywhere until this gets sorted out. So what steps have you taken to get your domain back at this point?

•••
the steps i have taken will not be posted here. i do have case numbers and complaint reports and people are working on this. i have put enough out here already. i appreciate the positive input and can take the constructive criticism as well. but i am not going to go into detail of who all i am discussing this matter with. i will say that through the years of business, i have an arsenal of miscellaneous power figures backing me up and stepping up to the plate to help me. i am a good person, and these people with pull want to help me. they recognize this problem is way beyond my plight, and i have hope and trust that it should end with this case making a bigger mark and set a precedence for future laws pertaining to domain theft.

•••
Do you realize your stolen domain name was sold twice?
yes. thank you for pointing this out.

This is important because it may show negligence on the part of the escrow agent?

reports and files and case numbers and phone calls and meetings. and yes emails. i am on a mission. i will beat this to a pulp.

That's good! I too was a Florida Real Estate Broker (GRI too) a few years ago, so I can empathize with your situation, but you need to try your best to take your emotion out of this and focus on understanding exactly what happened and take deliberate steps to try and get your domain back. You're still very emotional, not reading everything and understanding there are steps you should be taking to get your domain back. It doesn't matter if there are people here that don't believe you, so there is no need to post any more documents here.

•••
who is jack?
who is jake?
After reviewing these emails, the third question: how did you obtain these 2 screenshots? Somebody sent them to you?

•••
•••
After reviewing these emails, the third question: how did you obtain these 2 screenshots? Somebody sent them to you?
an escrow.com agent sent them to me before all this legal trouble started. why did s/he send them? i don't know but i asked and i received. and i was calling fowl on the sale. and i also supplied them documents that i was not part or knew of the sale process.

•••
According to some other research from a post DomainGang.com:

"Nevins McTwisp says:
March 15, 2018 at 9:19 pm
David — I agree that those involved need to start posting screenshots, BUT I also think seasoned domainers like yourself need to exercise more caution with their comments. ie Stop assuming and start researching

For example, you said
“March 2017 – Rebecca aka CQD owner aka @spoiltrider for no apparent reason, registers the domain ComquestDesigns.com as an alternative to CQD.com.”

However, if you bothered to check a free historical WHOIS record, you would find that Rebecca had registered ComquestDesigns.com on June 18th, 2015 using her Yahoo email address. Possibly hosted with 1and1.com. Given the current registration date (March 2017) it’s safe to assume that she didn’t renew the domain; ie the 2017 WHOIS date is a re-registration If you can’t tell by the bold my issue with your comment, is you assumed she registered her full business name for no apparent reason.
Then you said “The owner of CQD.com is the person on the WHOIS. And that is James Booth. Period.” … So you’re saying you’ve seen screenshots from James that proves he actually dealt with Rebecca? As far as I know, James hasn’t posted any…"

Basically it seems that Rebecca has lost her CQD way before James Booth bought it, as early as 2015. Maybe she sold it short, which makes sense because she posted it for sale on Afternic. Then later registered comquestdesigns.com to replace CQD. Either she sold it, lost it, or had plans to "sell and resell it" like it is happening right now. She apparently knew of the Oct sale from Escrow because she said Escrow contacted her but instead put it on James $19k instead of the $25k.

So...I think we don't whoever this Rebecca is, she knew the domain was lost a long time ago in 2015, even if she didn't knew it then, she then knew it again in Oct of 2017. But pretends everything is just fine. After James went online to claimed back the domain, she appears to claimed to be the "real owner".
------------------------------------------------------------
Basically whoever she is, real or fake, chose 1)Lied about having used CQD till it was "stolen" by some hacker because in 2015 she registered an alternative but here on NP she claimed she only used CQD. 2)Lied about not knowing it was sold multiple times and never provided any screenshots from Escrow. Which furthers complicate any thought that she is a real person and not the "hacker".

Or she is the real person, happens to be a serial online syndicate selling and reporting and selling just to make money. And this does happens when the whois information is hidden from the public, on purpose to cover up who the actual thief is.
let me be clear on this. i procured the comquestdesigns.com domain when i found it finally available on a fluke search. it was one i have always wanted, since 1996 but it was not available then. i purchased it as a pointer domain, in the event that i (me!) sold cqd.com because i was getting many offers - low to modest). i put the cqd.com on the market for sale for an "astronomical" amount at afternic.com because i really do/did not NEED to sell it, nor am/was i READY to sell it. if a buyer had come along and offered me the right price, your darn right i would have sold it. (at 25k that's giving it away, so that number is one i would have declined, like soooo many others!) i have other domains on my other businesses too. there is nothing wrong in planning for the future. now that cqd.com is "gone" i am FORCED to put the comquestdesigns.com out there so i can do business with them (people looking for graphic design work) and not use my gmail, yahoo, real estate, horseback riding, summer horse camp BRANDS. do you understand the marketing strategy here? so instead of making me into some sort of creepy person with a hidden agenda here, realize that i had/have plans for the future sale, at the right price of MY cqd.com domain. it's really simple!

•••
OMG! this is killing me even more. am i missing something here?

Escrow.com made a killin'!
162.50 + 5,200 +325.00 + 10,400.00 = total commission paid of 16,087.50 to escrow.com in a $25k fake sale.

16,087.50 total paid to escrow.com in escrow value commission/concierge fees
OMG are you kidding????

$25,000 reseller buyer paid - $16,087.50 escrow.com take = $8,912.50 paid to fake seller.
serious flaw here!

this does not make any (financial) or common sense to me. i write up sales contracts for houses in the $100s

why would i sell my domain on a platform to give escrow.com that much of a take (on a price i would have rejected anyway)?

Last edited:
•••
OMG! this is killing me even more. am i missing something here?

Escrow.com made a killin'!
162.50 + 5,200 +325.00 + 10,400.00 = total commission paid of 16,087.50 to escrow.com in a $25k fake sale.

16,087.50 total paid to escrow.com in escrow value commission/concierge fees
OMG are you kidding????

$25,000 reseller buyer paid - $16,087.50 escrow.com take = $8,912.50 paid to fake seller.
serious flaw here!

You are reading that wrong yes, Escrow doesn't make $16,087.50.

•••
You are reading that wrong yes, Escrow doesn't make $16,087.50.

OOOPPPSSS! i calculated it wrong. can't find my HP calculator....
162.50 + 52.00 +325.00 + 104.00.00 = total commission paid to escrow.com in a $25k fake sale.

$6731.00 total paid to escrow.com in escrow value commission/concierge fees
OMG are you kidding????

$25,000 reseller buyer paid - $6731.00 escrow.com take = $18,269 paid to fake seller.

i would not consider giving away my domain for that low amount of money, when i can write up a contract myself.

PS. thank you for catching that so fast. my mistake.

Last edited:
•••
It's not that much! @spoiltrider
If the sale was $25,000 the escrow.com fee would be $162.50 + .26% (that's approximately 1/4 of 1 percent)
of the amount over $5,000. or $162.50+ $52 = $214.50 ($20,000 x .0026 = $52)

The Concierge Fee would be $429.00.

Escrow.png

•••
OOOPPPSSS! i calculated it wrong. can't find my HP calculator....
162.50 + 52.00 +325.00 + 104.00.00 = total commission paid to escrow.com in a $25k fake sale.

$6731.00 total paid to escrow.com in escrow value commission/concierge fees
OMG are you kidding????

$25,000 reseller buyer paid - $6731.00 escrow.com take = $18,269 paid to fake seller.

i would not consider giving away my domain for that low amount of money, when i can write up a contract myself.

PS. thank you for catching that so fast. my mistake.

Wrong again

https://www.escrow.com/fee-calculator

$214.50 Standard Fee
$429.00 Concierge Fee

Last edited:
•••
cqd.com has been registered in bad faith
But it was not registered. It has been registered only once, when you have registered it. Now it's been bought.

•••
It's not that much! @spoiltrider
If the sale was $25,000 the escrow.com fee would be $162.50 + .26% (that's approximately 1/4 of 1 percent)
of the amount over $5,000. or $162.50+ $52 = $214.50 ($20,000 x .0026 = $52)

The Concierge Fee would be $429.00.

Show attachment 83669
i suck at math. my twin brother is better at it. ty.

•••
If we accept that Mr. Han indeed purchased this domain using Escrow.com, then returned the domain, then who did he buy it from and who did he return it to?

Sold at least twice (Han & Booth) without owner (Rebecca) knowing?

Something is really weird here.
They bought the domain from Mr. T-Rex in Jurassic Age and sold to Han Solo 'May the stolen domain 'NOT' be with you ~~ star wars background tune~~'

@spoiltrider , is the wheel turning for you? Any progress?

Last edited:
•••
A LITTLE BIRDIE HELPED ME WITH THIS

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel bad for Rebecca, as it seems shes going to be out in lawyer fees, possibly more than the domain is worth, all because Booth is a flipper with poor diligence. Really brings a bad name to this industry. How about some old fashion grillin'...

... Did you notice Rebecca posted email screenshots between Jack Kalfayan ([email protected]) and the alleged thief using [email protected] dated November 6th?

James Booth appears on CQD.com WHOIS three days later on November 9th.

Spoiltrider (Allegedly the real Rebecca) claims Escrow.com sent her those email screenshots to include the redacted escrow.com cancelled transaction screenshot. To me, this is believable (though I'd like to see Rebecca post a screenshot of her email proving it was sent to her from an @Escrow.com email)... If you notice the second email screenshot, the alleged thief cites escrows privacy rules as the reason why the transaction ID and buyer name was blacked out; yet it's a screenshot with a cancelled transaction date of October 29th. The thief sent this in response to Jack asking for proof of ownership. Why send a cancelled transaction as proof?

How did Escrow.com obtain the email screenshots including the redacted transaction screenshot? Did James Booth send these to Escrow?
James Booth claims to have email correspondence with Rebecca. Do you think he has correspondence from an @booth.com email address, or do you think he's referring to the correspondence from Jack Kalfayan (who signs the emails as Jake)?

Rebecca seems distraught; seems she could use some domainer help. It's sad she may spend more than the worth of the domain on legal fee's.

In the post including the email screenshots she says,

"how did i get the screen shots of the attached emails? escrow.com sent them to me before the sh*t hit the fan. I DID NOT WRITE THEM!!!

who is jack?
who is jake?"

https://www.namepros.com/threads/do...-a-stolen-domain.1068888/page-19#post-6629032

Jack is (assumed) closed namepros account @JDN

Some people speculated (without hard proof) in the bidding on your own names at namejet thread, that Jack was HKDN.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/bidding-on-your-own-names-at-namejet.1030874/page-47#post-6270475

I think people speculated Jack was involved because of this DSAD article with Oliver.

https://dsad.com/emergence-quad-premium-llll-coms-oliver-hoger-jack-kalfayan/

Anyways, Jack K is believed (I think) to be namejet bidder QC1

I was suspicious of this bidder when I noticed it was winning 6N with 0 and 4.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/bidding-on-your-own-names-at-namejet.1030874/page-62#post-6455782

Like bidder: JiggaMan, I suspect QC1 also played a part in the 6N pump and dump.

Thus, I am curious why Jack was emailing CQD owner 3 days before Booth took ownership.

•••
Jack is a friend and he brought CQD.com to my attention and I purchased it. He shared all his communications with the seller with me prior to the purchase and everything seemed legitimate.

•••
Did anyone notice the grilling from my last post :xf.wink:

•••
•••
A LITTLE BIRDIE HELPED ME WITH THIS

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel bad for Rebecca, as it seems shes going to be out in lawyer fees, possibly more than the domain is worth, all because Booth is a flipper with poor diligence. Really brings a bad name to this industry. How about some old fashion grillin'...

... Did you notice Rebecca posted email screenshots between Jack Kalfayan ([email protected]) and the alleged thief using [email protected] dated November 6th?

James Booth appears on CQD.com WHOIS three days later on November 9th.

Spoiltrider (Allegedly the real Rebecca) claims Escrow.com sent her those email screenshots to include the redacted escrow.com cancelled transaction screenshot. To me, this is believable (though I'd like to see Rebecca post a screenshot of her email proving it was sent to her from an @Escrow.com email)... If you notice the second email screenshot, the alleged thief cites escrows privacy rules as the reason why the transaction ID and buyer name was blacked out; yet it's a screenshot with a cancelled transaction date of October 29th. The thief sent this in response to Jack asking for proof of ownership. Why send a cancelled transaction as proof?

How did Escrow.com obtain the email screenshots including the redacted transaction screenshot? Did James Booth send these to Escrow?
James Booth claims to have email correspondence with Rebecca. Do you think he has correspondence from an @booth.com email address, or do you think he's referring to the correspondence from Jack Kalfayan (who signs the emails as Jake)?

Rebecca seems distraught; seems she could use some domainer help. It's sad she may spend more than the worth of the domain on legal fee's.

In the post including the email screenshots she says,

"how did i get the screen shots of the attached emails? escrow.com sent them to me before the sh*t hit the fan. I DID NOT WRITE THEM!!!

who is jack?
who is jake?"

https://www.namepros.com/threads/do...-a-stolen-domain.1068888/page-19#post-6629032

Jack is (assumed) closed namepros account @JDN

Some people speculated (without hard proof) in the bidding on your own names at namejet thread, that Jack was HKDN.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/bidding-on-your-own-names-at-namejet.1030874/page-47#post-6270475

I think people speculated Jack was involved because of this DSAD article with Oliver.

https://dsad.com/emergence-quad-premium-llll-coms-oliver-hoger-jack-kalfayan/

Anyways, Jack K is believed (I think) to be namejet bidder QC1

I was suspicious of this bidder when I noticed it was winning 6N with 0 and 4.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/bidding-on-your-own-names-at-namejet.1030874/page-62#post-6455782

Like bidder: JiggaMan, I suspect QC1 also played a part in the 6N pump and dump.

Thus, I am curious why Jack was emailing CQD owner 3 days before Booth took ownership.

thank you maple dots. i feel like I'm on trail for something i did not do or authorize. selling domains requires no license. i will see that that gets changed and that the industry is regulated...worldwide standards should apply. CQD.com was born in Florida, USA and that is where it belongs! It needs to be returned to me and booth needs to file his claim against escrow.com. it doesn't matter what their service agreement reads. in my humble opinion they are #1 in the lineup of allowing WIRE FRAUD to occur in this email SPOOF and cyber attack on me and my domain. james uses a google number for his "texas office"

(713) 701-5642
Type: Non-Fixed VoIP
(e.g. Skype or Google Voice)
Original carrier: Southwestern Bell
Phone owner's name not available

mine:
(352) 870-5272
Type: Mobile
Original carrier: Powertel Jacksonville Licenses, Inc.
R- - - - - - | B - - - - - -

https://www.whitepages.com

hey, look how i turned down a 35k SEP 2015 offer ya'll! and then a 20k JUN 2016. I'm looking for the 80k offer i declined too. i've email after email after email WITH my response of NO, not enough money! not giving it away! why would i take 25k and run it through a commission based escrow at that stupid price? but look where it got me. Angryrantz should be my user name. you're damn right I'm pissed! and i will not leave this alone either. ever.

Attachments

• CQD 20k NP offer Screen Shot 2018-03-26 at 2.52.07 PM.jpg
    CQD 20k NP offer Screen Shot 2018-03-26 at 2.52.07 PM.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 64
  • CQD35k NP offer Screen Shot 2018-03-26 at 2.51.24 PM.jpg
    CQD35k NP offer Screen Shot 2018-03-26 at 2.51.24 PM.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back