Dynadot

Domainbucks can be arbitraged?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi Friends,

Just wonder if you all know about domainbucks.net, a new parking program that explicitly mentioned that allowed to be arbitraged (but no tolerancy for clickfraud--as usual) and will share 90% of their revenue to the publisher. They use adsense & clicksor ppc ad on their system. payment use paypal only.

please kindly share your though...

thanks,

richrich

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Heya Packrat sorry.. I was doing other stuff lol. Just really quick before I list my domains I have listed with DB:

There is a "box" saying "this site MAY be for sale" lol. Not that it IS for sale.

Im wondering what browser your using? I use FF and I dont see any "arrows" or scroll bars pointing anywhere! Altho I do agree about implementing MORE google ads. Ill ask SAM and see what he thinks about it :)

Yea, it really is nice knowing im getting paid by google, for me personally it was never a trust issue with DB or Sam, but to know that I KNOW and YOU know that your going to get paid, lessens the stress ya know?

Okay on with my domains.

attorney-journey.com
informanews.info
bye-property.com
classy-couture.com
consumer-outlet.com
credit-critic.com
dashofthyme.com
domain-dame.com
healthy-trail.com
hobby-harbor.com
image-browse.com
insurance-groupy.com
journeysaway.com
reading-depot.com
sports-post.com
toys4bizzybees.com
keez.org
cures2you.com
vacationexploration.com

Phew..

•••
I'm using IE6 SP2. The arrow heads are to the right at the very top of the adsense block.

Checked out your domains (thanks) and same issue with links in content, they don't work. Ask Sam about perhaps removing these. When I see a website with broken links I just move on.

"may be for sale" vs "is for sale", no difference. I'd still like to see the option to disable that.

Cheers...

•••
Hmm i dont know what you mean by the links IN the content. I just clicked on a link on your website, and it worked fine.

As for the browsers, IE and FF always react differently to websites. For example if I do an overlay with javascript coding, It never turns out right "view" wise in FF but always looks awesome in IE. You see arrows. I dont. lol. I dunno. With some websites its possible to make it IE and FF capable. And with some sites its not possible, so you just have to pick what you think would be the most MAJOR browser used.

Usually FF wins.

•••
>And with some sites its not possible, so you just have to pick what you think would be the most MAJOR browser used.

You can do it capable for most browsers. Use Conditional Comments or CSS-Hacks for that... Until now I could do it everytime...

Greetings!
Sebastian

•••
SearchGuru1 said:
Hmm i dont know what you mean by the links IN the content. I just clicked on a link on your website, and it worked fine

The links (underlined words) in the content at the top of the pages work. However if you scroll down and try some at random you'll find that most don't.

As for the browsers, IE and FF always react differently to websites. For example if I do an overlay with javascript coding, It never turns out right "view" wise in FF but always looks awesome in IE. You see arrows. I dont. lol. I dunno. With some websites its possible to make it IE and FF capable. And with some sites its not possible, so you just have to pick what you think would be the most MAJOR browser used.

Usually FF wins.

Actually stats from my business websites show that 80% of visitors are still using IE, and I think you'll find that's true with your average non-tech saavy user with Windows as an O/S.

•••
The arrows in the AdSense ads are there because Google put them there. It was run as a beta test for a while, and just recently they took it 'live' - if there are enough ads to support the context, you will see arrows; they are presuming that users will use them to scroll down and find more ads. Unfortunately, the arrows are not terribly intuitive, and I don't believe many users will know what they are for, much less use them. But we're not given the option to opt out of them.

That said, I still stand by my original opinion. If Domainbucks is using Wikipedia as a source for content, there will be duplicate content issues, which will affect organic search results, and Google and Yahoo PPC quality scores. And there's still a risk of losing your AdSense account; more and more people with sites with heavily duplicated content have been dropped because their "sites posed a risk to our advertisers" to quote Google.

So... if you decide to go with it, that's great and I hope it's successful for you. But you should at least be aware of the risks.

(Note, I have no specific information about Domainbucks, and I don't mean to imply that there's anything wrong or shady or questionable about them personally. I just think the business model is dicey.)

•••
Was waiting for you to stop by :)

•••
netmeg said:
That said, I still stand by my original opinion. If Domainbucks is using Wikipedia as a source for content, there will be duplicate content issues, which will affect organic search results, and Google and Yahoo PPC quality scores. And there's still a risk of losing your AdSense account; more and more people with sites with heavily duplicated content have been dropped because their "sites posed a risk to our advertisers" to quote Google.

So... if you decide to go with it, that's great and I hope it's successful for you. But you should at least be aware of the risks.

(Note, I have no specific information about Domainbucks, and I don't mean to imply that there's anything wrong or shady or questionable about them personally. I just think the business model is dicey.)

Yeah, this is just a replay of whypark in which dozens lost their adsense accounts due to massive duplicate content.

•••
Bad news for domainbucks.net. When checking their website I get "This Account Has Been Suspended". Maybe they didn't pay their hosting bill?

Luckily I moved over just one domain to them yesterday.

•••
•••
oh and just so you dont think Im ignoring or trying to get out of anything you said packrat..

I gotcha i know what a link is. But all the links work for me. Im doing a "link checker" to see if I can find any broken links on vacationexploration. Obviously I wont be checking all my sites because, well, it takes too long.

As for browser usage. I wont argue with you. Its one of those "mines better than yours" conversations. Another wards, everyone seems to have a different outlook on which browser is the best and which one is used more. I dont know. I just know Ive been using the internet for 13 years and IE was more popular back in the day, now it seems like FF is more popular, and people are dissing IE. :)

Depends on what site you goto lol.

Ok i checked it with XENU which is supposed to be a good link checker (from the reviews I read) the only links it found that were broken, is where the search box is, on top of the webpage. There were some that Xenu SAID were broken, but when I clicked them they were fine

•••
Well, I guess I'll try a link checker on my site also - good idea.

What worries me most right now is the period of time that they were down with
their hosting account(s) suspended. That doesn't exactly inspire confidence in
me. Also, that sort of event would cost me money should I be running any
ad campaigns.

Has Sam had anything to say about what happened?

•••
Ya like I said that XENU got good reviews, and its VERY easy to figure out. Play stuff. Anyway it still confused me because it said some links werent valid, but when I went on the site and clicked them (like i said) they did resolve. So I dont know. Its probably something with in the html code that its seeing as incomplete or something. I dont know why its doing that... There was also another one I tried out, it was an ONLINE one. Lemme see if I can find the link real quick so maybe you can try it out!

Found it, its called "W3C Link Checker"

Sam's trying to make some time so he can come on the forum and explain his side of what happened, along with other things you guys are concerned about.

Thanks ;)
Kristi

•••
I found that Xenu had problems with internal links to documents for example. I checked
my business site where I have pdf docs.

Tell Sam that we'd love to hear from him. If he has a good business model/plan
I'd me interested in moving more of my domains over. Not too worried about losing
my Adsense account as I have two of them :)

•••
Ya its probably a problem with in the link checkers programs.

Im not sure anyone else noticed it, but Sam put a little explanation of why DB was down, on the front page of DomainBucks.net so you guys can go check it out. He'll prolly still come on NP, but for now if you want a quick explanation you can go ahead and have a look.

Side note, is it okay to have TWO adsense accounts?

•••
SearchGuru1 said:

No.

•••
lol.. okay thanks for clearing that up!

•••
packrat said:
Not too worried about losing
my Adsense account as I have two of them :)
Not very wise bragging about something like that! :imho:

GIL

•••
GILSAN said:
Not very wise bragging about something like that! :imho:

GIL

Well, technically one is my wife's but Im hoping she'll put up with me for
a long long time :)

•••
That's fine; Google has no problem with that, but don't ever make the mistake of moving a site from one account to the other, they'll close them both down. They get so many people trying to scam the system (and they are so understaffed for the scale on which they are operating) that they can't afford to give anyone the benefit of the doubt. So anything with even a whiff of the appearance of gaming will get you booted out.

•••
•••
packrat said:
Yes, I know Google tracks everything to the max. I wouldn't be surprised if I looked out my window now and saw a Google van with a video camera on the roof:
http://www.wibw.com/nationalnews/headlines/17352199.html

Yea well, they are tracking me so closely that they moved their entire AdWords operation within a mile of my very house. I can see them from here. And I've no doubt they can see me too. In fact, I know they can; they keep asking me to come over for lunch. Probly so they can search my house while I'm gone.

•••
•••
lol how did we go from DB arbitrage to na... germans. I didnt say it. I caught myself

•••
SearchGuru1 said:
Ya its probably a problem with in the link checkers programs.

Im not sure anyone else noticed it, but Sam put a little explanation of why DB was down, on the front page of DomainBucks.net so you guys can go check it out. He'll prolly still come on NP, but for now if you want a quick explanation you can go ahead and have a look.

Just checked the one domain I have at DomainBucks with Xenu link checker.
3900 links timed out
540 links not found (403 error)

Pretty well all links within the content on the various pages. In my opinion
these content links aren't required as they don't lead to any ad pages!!!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back