Domain Empire

Domainbucks can be arbitraged?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi Friends,

Just wonder if you all know about domainbucks.net, a new parking program that explicitly mentioned that allowed to be arbitraged (but no tolerancy for clickfraud--as usual) and will share 90% of their revenue to the publisher. They use adsense & clicksor ppc ad on their system. payment use paypal only.

please kindly share your though...

thanks,

richrich

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Google feed & arbitrage??

•••
Blimey:

DomainBucks allows you to advertise your domains. Some parking companies, such as parked.com have started enforcing a policy which disallows domain owners from generating legitimate traffic for their domains using ad campaigns or other perfectly reasonable methods. We frown on parked.com for this policy, and promise to pay our users for any sources of traffic so long as traffic isn't incentivized or fraudulent (no bots or clickfraud allowed!).

I wonder how long they'll last...

•••
On their front page:

Features & Benefits
DomainBucks runs on a high speed server hosted by HostGator, currently regarded as one of the most reliable web hosts in the industry. This means you can expect 99.99% uptime on all of our servers, which means maximum revenue for our publishers.
DomainBucks allows you to advertise your domains. Some parking companies, such as parked.com have started enforcing a policy which disallows domain owners from generating legitimate traffic for their domains using ad campaigns or other perfectly reasonable methods. We frown on parked.com for this policy, and promise to pay our users for any sources of traffic so long as traffic isn't incentivized or fraudulent (no bots or clickfraud allowed!).
Parking a domain with us costs you nothing. Our service is 100% FREE!
Included with your account is a powerful control panel which provides parking options on a per-domain level and detailed reports and graphs of your earnings.
We pay you 90% of the profits your domains generate (CPC & CPM). Every domain in our network generates ad revenue through high-performance CPC and CPM search feed and ad programs. Our server keeps track of how much revenue your domains generate, and allocates these funds to your account balence. We send payments via PayPal whenever your account reaches the minimum payout threshhold, which is $50. If you want to make the threshold higher, you can do so from your account control panel.
You can park as many domains as you like. Unlike other parking services which charge a monthly service fee, DomainBucks allows you to park an unlimited amount of domain names free of charge.
We market your domains for you. Due to the way we have set up our back-links, every time a domain is added to our network, every domain in the network benefits, which means free PR and traffic!

Seems owners of this program upset with parked.com and their no arbitrage fact.

Well ya know it's not a direct yahoo or google with this parking co. LOL

•••
looks like they are monetizing your "parked" domain with your adsense publisher id...I could have it wrong, but that's what it looks like.

•••
There's just been another spate of AdSense publishers booted out of the program, not for specific click fraud, but because their "... account has posed a significant risk to Adwords advertiser..."

That's GoogleSpeak for MFA, arbitrage, or whatever else Google considers to be a low quality site (no real content except for ads, scraped or heavily duped content, disabling back buttons or any other methods of leaving short of clicking on ads, etc)

I'd proceed cautiously. At this point, I am not putting my own AdSense account on anything but sites that I develop entirely myself. Period.

•••
netmeg said:
There's just been another spate of AdSense publishers booted out of the program, not for specific click fraud, but because their "... account has posed a significant risk to Adwords advertiser..."

That's GoogleSpeak for MFA, arbitrage, or whatever else Google considers to be a low quality site (no real content except for ads, scraped or heavily duped content, disabling back buttons or any other methods of leaving short of clicking on ads, etc)

I'd proceed cautiously. At this point, I am not putting my own AdSense account on anything but sites that I develop entirely myself. Period.

Exactly.

•••
Ok, I signed up. The ONLY thing they allow you to define is your domain name to park. Everything else is generated from their scripts. It is NOT your AS ID, Clicksor, etc; That said, the lack of customization makes this pretty much impossible to use.

•••
•••
Hostgator...

Saying that their sites are hosted on Hostgator makes you wonder about their business model. Maybe their own dedicated server on some big rack reseller would be better to promote as a solid commitment to your customers.

•••
They should have their own data center or something...like Google :lol

•••
I signed up last week, but have not done anything except sending an e-mail to their support asking a few questions.

Today I got an e-mail from them that I want to share with all:

Dear Users

The DomainBucks control panel has been updated. Your payments will now be received directly from google. You will need to specify your own ad code in the control panel. Users who have made money under the old system will recieve this money on may 14th.

Later this week we will be implementing a system for domains which have been blocked from google or are otherwise not AdSense friendly. For now, if you don't want to use AdSense, you can request this via the support page at DomainBucks.net.

(You will recieve official notification of this from our system later today, but i just wanted to let some of the early adopters know so you can get a jump on things)

Sincerely,
Sam Kelly
DomainBucks Founder

What do you make of this?

GIL

•••
Was their old system using AdSense? If so, then I would guess that they may have decided not to risk their account either.

I dunno. Proceed with caution. I am sticking with my resolution not to use my AdSense account on anything I don't develop myself.

•••
netmeg said:
Was their old system using AdSense? If so, then I would guess that they may have decided not to risk their account either.

I dunno. Proceed with caution. I am sticking with my resolution not to use my AdSense account on anything I don't develop myself.
I have no idea what their old system was using, and I certainly would'nt use my Adsense either.

What do you make of the second paragraph?

GIL

•••
Later this week we will be implementing a system for domains which have been blocked from google or are otherwise not AdSense friendly. For now, if you don't want to use AdSense, you can request this via the support page at DomainBucks.net.

They're probably talking about domains that have actively been blocked by Google; things like Adult and Gaming. And people who have been kicked out.

From a post previous to this:

We market your domains for you. Due to the way we have set up our back-links, every time a domain is added to our network, every domain in the network benefits, which means free PR and traffic!

I can almost guarantee that this will tank in Google and Yahoo, maybe MSN too. If they're running some kind of link farm from all these, then you will NEED arbitrage, because you sure won't get any search engine love.

Here's the thing. I have never seen one of these pages. If they are supplying content for them, then one will run into duplicate content issues as well. There will be trouble in both the organics and the PPC engines for that (at least the ones can be counted on to delivery reliably legitimate traffic)

If there is no content, then it's pretty clearly *against* AdSense TOS to run ads on them -

No Google ad may be placed on pages published specifically for the purpose of showing ads, whether or not the page content is relevant.

Publishers using online advertising to drive traffic to pages showing Google ads must comply with the spirit of Google's Landing Page Quality Guidelines. For instance, if you advertise for sites participating in the AdSense program, the advertising should not be deceptive to users.

Now, we all know that Google does not interpret the above in any kind of a consistent manner, and so the question then becomes, will it be worth risking your AdSense account to participate in this (largely unknown) project? Do you feel lucky?

Remember - the pioneers are the ones with the arrows in their backs.

Last edited:
•••
I'd stay well clear of domainbucks. The fact that the sample domains they show
on their demo page don't resolve makes me very suspicious! They just regged their
domain in Dec and only for one year.

•••
packrat said:
I'd stay well clear of domainbucks. The fact that the sample domains they show
on their demo page don't resolve makes me very suspicious! They just regged their
domain in Dec and only for one year.

He owns durosoft.com.... messed up

domainbucks not even on a dedicated server :bah:

Reverse IP: 1,607 other sites hosted on this server.

I would stay away

•••
seems that it's not a good idea to park domains at domainbucks. thanks for your input guyzz.

•••
Hey guys. I just happened to see this thread and figured I would give my 2 cents. I personally belong to this site so I thought it would be good if I let you know a little bit about it and my personal experience with it thus far.

Firstly I would like to state that I was one of THE first members to sign up with the site, and when I signed up there weren't a lot of things implemented yet so i had to put my trust into DomainBucks. They have constantly kept in contact with me and anytime Ive ever had a question about something, have answered me.

DomainBucks is actually a pretty brilliant program if you would just listen for a wee bit Ill be happy to explain the system and a few other things. Going through emails between Sam and I (prior to me even finding this thread) I can pretty much answer every ones questions. So here we go!

DomainBucks.net is not hosted on a dedicated server, its on a shared reseller because its not big enough to have to be on a dedicated server yet. DomainBucks is only using %5 of its server resources.

Originally the sites parked at DB were parking pages ie; search portals. But Sam found that wasn't making someone like ME very much money at all. So he decided to try and make the sites into something that would make someone like ME more money. I personally have to appreciate that, I don't know about you guys.

Before DomainBucks implemented ANYTHING they analyzed the TOS for AdSense over and over again making sure they weren't breaking any "rules" or guidelines. ALL the content on ALL the parking pages DO have legitimate content. Except now its more of a Wiki site than a Search site. ALL the wiki content and or articles on the parking sites, are legally scraped and are legit. They even included the link to the GNU license, which Sam says "your supposed to do, but no one ever bothers with it."

I showed Sam this thread because I was pretty shocked that DomainBucks was getting such a bad rep and he replied to my email and said "what they failed to notice is that I changed the wording of the notice which said I allow arbitrage. What I originally meant was that I allow what parked.com generally defines as arbitrage, ie non-type in traffic. There is no problem with non-type in traffic as long as it isn't fraudulent. Additionally I have a system in place which checks to make sure a domain isn't blocked by Google."

ALL my domains at DomainBucks show up and are always online. I haven't had a problem yet where the server has been down (host gator) or the website domainbucks has been down. And not naming names but Ive been a member of other parking sites that most of you would consider awesome but were "down" a lot of times.

Obviously I cant tell anyone here how much I'm making from AdSense because that IS against terms, but I can tell you since implementing MY AdSense code with MY sites I have parked at domainbucks over the last few days I have been making really good money, and its not a pain. I can go right to my Google AdSense account and see exactly how much i made for the day or the week. All my stats are right in front of me. I'm making more money now than I was at *ahem* the other parking place I was at.

DomainBucks has also taken the time to personally optimize ALL my sites and again answered all the bazillion questions I had about the site. I really like the site and the things Sam and DomainBucks has done with it. I think everyone should just give it a chance, ya know? That's all you can ever do when a new program comes about. Just try it and see. If you don't like it, well hey at least you gave it a fair shot. And if you love it? Well great!

Anyway I realize that was probably a really long post lol. Thanks for listening you guys!

Kristi

•••
My 2 c worth the last reply sounds a little like a "dorothy dix" reply

•••
Ill take that as a compliment even tho you probably didnt mean it as one.

•••
SearchGuru1 said:
Before DomainBucks implemented ANYTHING they analyzed the TOS for AdSense over and over again making sure they weren't breaking any "rules" or guidelines. ALL the content on ALL the parking pages DO have legitimate content. Except now its more of a Wiki site than a Search site. ALL the wiki content and or articles on the parking sites, are legally scraped and are legit. They even included the link to the GNU license, which Sam says "your supposed to do, but no one ever bothers with it."

Looking at the example sites, they obviously haven't read the TOS well enough. That content just isn't sufficient.

•••
Anyone knows anything that converts well to Chinese traffics besides Adsense?

Can I see samples of this thingy....

The concepts make a lot of sense though... domainbucks.net is not really a parking companies. It's just a free content provider... and for that they got 10%. Fair enough.

Last edited:
•••
SearchGuru1 - Can you post some domains that you have at DomainBucks.
As I said above their demo sites do not work.

Thanks...

•••
Well, I moved one domain to domainbucks just to see what it's all about. My observations:

1/ The pages certainly do have a lot of content and credit is given to the source from which it comes. However. links embedded in the content do not work. In my opinion these links aren't really needed anyway.

2/ There's a notice at the top of the page to the effect that the domain is for sale. However, there is no way to disable this as there is really no functional control panel yet.

3/ The main Adsense ads are displayed on the left side of the page. At the top right of the ad block are up and down arrows to scroll through the ads.
Most visitors won't know what these arrows are for - I had to think about it :)
Perhaps more ads could be displayed as there is a lot of white space in the left margin alongside the content.

4/ Below the left margin ads is a list of "related searches" followed by a whole lot of white space down the left margin. It would be nice to see the related searches links spread out some to fill in the white space.

5/ It's really nice knowing that you're being paid by Google,not the parking provider!

These are just some things that first come to mind. If anyone is curious to what a domainbucks site look like check out wowcycles.com, but please don't click on any ads :) This is a low traffic type-in domain (no arbitrage) but already earning revenue via domainbucks.

Overall I think that domainbucks will really catch on with us "lazy domainers" as all we have to do is pick a keyword and submit our adsense code. I think that the mods might want to create an "official" thread for domainbucks as
there will no doubt be a lot of interest in this service.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back