IT.COM

Domain Transfer Query

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

iecomguy

Established Member
Impact
Hoping this is the correct sub forum for this. Need some help.

Hi, anyone here sold domains in Godaddy, can you please help?

On newly registered domains there is 60 days lock as always. So if I sell a domain that is from say Namecheap and the domain gets sold, how do I tell the buyer to create an account at Namecheap so I can give him access to the domain? Because I can't transfer within 60 days. What are the ways to give owner of the domain to the buyer

Also I will get payout instantly right or have to wait for 60 days for GoDaddy to pay me?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If the buyer is ok with using another registrar you can push it to them or Godaddy can transfer the name to an account in their name at another major registrar until the 60 days is up.

•••
If the buyer is ok with using another registrar you can push it to them or Godaddy can transfer the name to an account in their name at another major registrar until the 60 days is up.
I cannot push because of newly registered.

I want to know how do I tell the buyer to register account at different registrar? How this communication is done? Never flipped before so asking.

•••
Yes you can push a newly registered domain.

I can't explain everything to you. Just read instructions at the registrar or contact their support if you need help navigating their site.

•••
Yes you can push a newly registered domain.

I can't explain everything to you. Just read instructions at the registrar or contact their support if you need help navigating their site.
I am not asking that. I am asking when my domain gets sold in auction, will I have the buyer details to tell the procedure? I never flipped before so dont know

•••
As per ICANN policy you can transfer a domain to other registrar after 60 days only. So if you want to transfer, you have to wait.

Transfer within same registrar is possible in any time. Creating another account is the easiest solution.

•••
Back