NameSilo

advice Domain suspended - but then I don't need it

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I use Namecheap for some of my domains and have been using them for many years. One of my domains happened to be suspended pending verification. It is not that I did not want to carry out the verification - I just missed it and didn't see the emails from Namecheap.

Now though, I don't want that particular domain - I was going to start a new website, a project that I abandoned. Is there any way I can let go of the domain?

I can ask Namecheap support of course - they give instant replies on chat, but thought of checking here first.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You can at any time request from their support or generate a request for a new verification link of a domain past its due verification date

•••
Not exactly the answer to the question. I was asking how to let go, not how to verify.

•••
Can't you just leave it alone? It'll expire and no one will bother.

•••
Don't do anything and the name will simply expire, but if it's a decent name and still hasn't expired, why not try and sell it here on a NamePros auction to try and recoup some of your expense. I think what you are referring to is the ICANN requirement that you verify the Whois registration details? Correct?

•••
in this case i think you can start with different account and it is wise choice

•••
•••
•••
Not exactly the answer to the question. I was asking how to let go, not how to verify.

Oh, I acted under presumption that letting go is to be avoided at all costs, thus my reply followed along the lines of selecting the least painful, in my view, option :)

•••
I think what you are referring to is the ICANN requirement that you verify the Whois registration details? Correct?

Normally, the requirement for verification of email is different from the necessity to update the whois details which, unless changed, call for no further action other than letting the old record stay as is.

•••
I found the available domain that has a record (archive.org) with this message.
Is this domain clean? Could this have a negative effect on future sales?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back