IT.COM

Domain stuck on "Pending Registration" on GoDaddy for 3 days now

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

deez007

The More I Learn The Less I "Know"Top Member
Impact
Hey Folks

I registered a new domain (an .fr domain) and it has been stuck on pending registration for almost 3 days now. Any idea why that may be?

Also, I used the Domain trustee option because I'm not a French resident but someone mentioned to me that using this option means I won't be able to transfer the domain to any one else..not even another Godaddy user Is this correct? (if so, how can I cancel the trustee option and rather use a friends address?)

Hopefully someone here has experienced a simular issue before with .fr domain registrations on Godaddy and shed some light on the issue...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Have you checked the whois p, afnic.fr ?
But frankly Godaddy or US registrars in general are a bad option for ccTLDs.

•••
Yep, it shows are unregistered when I check the WHOIS but on GD shows as pending registration...

Yeah, seems like was not a good idea using them for a ccTLD, I had 4 other .com's in my cart and figured might as well add this one as well... eish,. the price of being too lazy ... I should have known better..lol (plus they charged me $29 for "trustee" service)

Last edited:
•••
I'm coming to the conclusion that GoDaddy is an end user registrar, and not one for domainers.

•••
No kidding :)

And not for sophisticated end users either.

•••
Had the same, contacted a Godaddy agent, received the news that the server would keep trying for 72 hours.
Registration attempts kept failing.
After 4 days, I received an email and a refund.

•••
I'd suggest that you register the domain at namecheap (current price for a .fr is $9.05). Once GD fails to register the domain, you should get a refund.
NC is much better than GD in terms of service and support anyway

•••
For European extensions, I prefer to use European registrars because ccTLDs have their own rules and peculiarities. The US registrars don't handle them very well, they tend to treat them like .com and even allow push which is improper and will not change the whois record.

Also, even the big registrars may not be real registrars for those extensions. Very likely that they actually are resellers for Key Systems or something.

•••
Very likely that they actually are resellers for Key Systems or something.

They seem to do that with .es, can be confusing and hard to resolve problems.

I would just register the domain somewhere else and skip the hassle and uncertainty of not dealing directly with the registrar.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks everyone... seems the trustee service that they charged $29 for does not allow that particular type of domain. So my account will be credited as the domain can not be registered with them... I registered the domain now on Name.com... without trustee service.. used another address I had available.

•••
Now tell us the domain name ;)

•••
•••
Hey Folks

Just an update on this... so I recieved a refund on the domain but Godaddy didn't refund me the $19 they charged me for the trustee service (I thought it was $29 but it was $19) which I never recieved, the explanation was that the trustee does not allow gambling related domains.... great, no harm no foul..but why was my trustee payment not refunded?

@Joe Styler

•••
•••
Sorry I am traveling right now. I'm at WHD USA in Las Vegas. If anyone is around stop by. I don't know why you had a hard time registering a .fr. I am happy to make sure you get the $19 refund. We recently bought several big European Registrars and are working on integrating them to make buying cctlds easier. So things should get smoother on new cctlds.
PM me your account info and I will make sure the refund is processed.

•••
•••
•••
Sorry I am traveling right now. I'm at WHD USA in Las Vegas. If anyone is around stop by. I don't know why you had a hard time registering a .fr. I am happy to make sure you get the $19 refund. We recently bought several big European Registrars and are working on integrating them to make buying cctlds easier. So things should get smoother on new cctlds.
PM me your account info and I will make sure the refund is processed.

Thanks Joe, refund has been processed!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back