Domain Empire

GoDaddy and Pending Unlock

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I've been trying to transfer-out a domain from GoDaddy but it's stuck at "Pending Unlock".
I waited, tried to unlock again, now I get: "There was an error processing your request. Please try again."
After researching I found out that other people are having the same issue, it may take 24h to unlock the domain??? Check godaddy's page:
/community/Managing-Domains/cannot-unlock-domain/td-p/12279

Why? Also to get support I need to phone an international number, live chat is off, there is no email support ticket system and I no longer have a personal representative because I moved my thousands of domains.
Who will reimburse me for the 30 mins I just spent?

@Joe Styler

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
well recently godaddy were getting more and more tricky, i already checking the chat support were kinda bussy right now. Have you check www.godaddy.com/contact-us.aspx just in case they provide local support on your country

•••
Thanks Imezi, I read at another thread that there are some glitches with the transfer system. If the domain is not automatically unlocked by tomorrow I will call them and spend another 15 mins (or more)... Hope they don't ask me to clear my cache or see how to get auth code like at:
/community/Managing-Domains/cannot-unlock-domain/td-p/12279

Last edited:
•••
i just found the pending unlock you mean

first you have to click the domain name you will be forwarded to the domain details, within the page there will be notification inside yellow box, there is clickable "view details" on it, click it and cancel the data change. Wait for 5 minutes and refresh your domain manager.

Since a month ago godaddy has been aplicating new rule for domain transfer which is need to be contact information approval from both party. If you missed this contact information approval then the domain push will not processed and you will be stuck on those Pending Unlock problem

•••
It's still stuck, I unlocked and transferred another domain at the same time without any issues so this one went another way :s
Will check how it is tomorrow, thank you for caring.

•••
It really took 24h, this morning was still locked but now it's finally ok... :|

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back